Is Co2 The Perfect Bug Killer?

peanutbutter

I have been using Co2 in my greenhouse and different variations (dry ice when I was waiting for some equipment to show) and I believe I owe alot of my bug free luck to the C02, exactly how you explained it the bugs can not breath or live off of Co2 and the girls LOVE Co2 WHY NOT?! My buds are always nice and dense, crystally, higher yield, and even shorter veg times if you run Co2 in conjunction with a high circulation rate in your room you can cut out a week of veg if done right, of course all in my opinion.

Good post tho for people who don't utilize Co2, its not TOO pricey and in my mind its definatly worth the investment with the finished product, and a non toxic bug "killer" isn't a bad thing to have just in case thoes little guys try to take over your girls.

I use Co2 and never had a problem with bugs. I've read along the same info before but, if I am remembering correct, 10,000ppm is extremely to much. I think the optimum was 1800ppm were they would die from suffocation. Again, I never have had problems with bugs. I build to an optimum of 1300 - 1500 ppm over a period of time. I do also use a soil less mix, mix myself, and have heard that is a better environment for bugs. Again, never had the problem, but maybe this is why. Hope it helps

I have been using Co2 in my greenhouse and different variations (dry ice when I was waiting for some equipment to show) and I believe I owe alot of my bug free luck to the C02, exactly how you explained it the bugs can not breath or live off of Co2 and the girls LOVE Co2 WHY NOT?! My buds are always nice and dense, crystally, higher yield, and even shorter veg times if you run Co2 in conjunction with a high circulation rate in your room you can cut out a week of veg if done right, of course all in my opinion.

Good post tho for people who don't utilize Co2, its not TOO pricey and in my mind its definatly worth the investment with the finished product, and a non toxic bug "killer" isn't a bad thing to have just in case thoes little guys try to take over your girls.

You can make home made co2 by taking a gallon milk jug, (clean) add sugar. yeast. Put 2 small holes in top one piece of tubing goes in one hole and hooks to air pump. Other hole i put a piece of tube in and run it up by my fan and last about 2 weeks,, Real cheap in simple.

Archived