Legalization Of Pot Won't/will Be On Det. City Ballot?

Most likely, the Commission could not figure out how to put the proper words together. If the Council had balls, they could have stepped up a few months ago and rewrote 38.11.29.

Sec. 38-11-29. - Exceptions for possession of drug paraphernalia including hypodermic syringes and needles; or marijuana related devices for those who are at least 21 years of age, on private property.

The provisions of this division that restrict the possession of any drug paraphernalia including any hypodermic syringe, needle, or other implement or instrument adapted to introduce marijuana, or for the use of subcutaneous injection or intracutaneous injection; or any other manner or method of introduction into the human body, shall not apply:

(1) To an object sold, or offered for sale, to a person licensed under the Michigan Occupational Code, being MCL 339.101 through 339.2721; MSA 18.425(101) through 18.425(2721), for use in said profession, or to any intern, trainee, apprentice or assistant in a profession that is licensed under the Michigan Occupational Code, being MCL 339.101 through 339.2721; MSA 18.425(101) through 18.425(2721), for use in said profession; or

(2) To an object sold, or offered for sale, to any hospital, sanitarium, clinical laboratory, or other health care institution including a penal, correctional, or juvenile detention facility for use in said institution; or

(3) To an object sold, or offered for sale, to a dealer in medical, dental, surgical, or pharmaceutical supplies; or

(4) To equipment, a product, or material which may be used in the preparation or smoking of tobacco or smoking herbs other than a controlled substance; or

(5) To a blender, bowl, container, spoon, or mixing device not specifically designed for a use defined in Section 38-11-21 of this Code; or

(6) To a hypodermic syringe or needle sold, or offered for sale, for the purpose of injecting or otherwise treating livestock or other animals; or

(7) To an object sold, offered for sale, or given away by a state or local governmental agency or by a person specifically authorized by a state or local governmental agency to prevent the transmission of infectious agents including an authorized provider of, or to a participant in, a needle-exchange program that is licensed in accordance with Chapter 24, Article 12, of this Code; or

(8) To public officers or employees while engaged in the performance of their official duties.

(9) City residences who are at least 21 years of age; and who processes less than one ounce of marijuana, on private property. (Ord. No. 15-96, § 1, 7-31-96)

Or the Council could have added

Sec. 38-11-33 Exceptions for marijuana.

The provisions of this division shall not apply to any individual, 21-years of age or older, who processes one ounce of less of marijuana, possessing or using a device for use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the body marihuana, on private property.

I like Sec. 38-11-29 better. This section is already set-up to combat any conflict the State's law.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Safer people I will be a guest on the Jonathan Kinloch radio show on WDTK 1400 AM. The show will be broadcast at 9pm tonite. The subject will be our legal challenge to the Detroit Election Commissions attempt to keep us off the ballot. Broadcast range of the station is SE Michigan. Best Wishes,

Tim Beck

The Penobscot Building

645 Griswold Ave, Suite 2015

Detroit, Michigan 48226

313-964-0249

Timmichben@aol.com wrote:

Wayne County (Michigan) Circuit Judge Michael Sapala signed a "show cause" order today, compelling the Detroit Elections Commission to explain their decision to keep the "Coalition for a Safer Detroit" marijuana reform initiative off the November ballot. A hearing is set for August 26, 2:30 pm, in Judge Sapala's courtroom in the City-County Building, 2 Woodward Ave, Detroit , Michigan, 48226
Best Wishes,

Tim Beck

The Penobscot Building

Detroit, Michigan 48226

313-964-0249

Wayne County (Michigan) Circuit Judge Michael Sapala signed a "show cause" order today, compelling the Detroit Elections Commission to explain their decision to keep the "Coalition for a Safer Detroit" marijuana reform initiative off the November ballot. A hearing is set for August 26, 2:30 pm, in Judge Sapala's courtroom in the City-County Building, 2 Woodward Ave, Detroit , Michigan, 48226
Best Wishes,

Tim Beck

The Penobscot Building

Detroit, Michigan 48226

313-964-0249

so who is going sounds like a great day is this open to any one to come?

Best Wishes,

Tim Beck

The Penobscot Building

Detroit, Michigan 48226

313-964-0249

Well, HALLE-freakin'-LUYAH!

Uh ... Eh-hem; Excuse me! ... I mean ... amen!

Way to be!

THAT is some AWESOME news to "hear"!

Can't say as I'm surprised, considering the passion behind the compassion. But, darn it all ... just when I don't have any more "+" to share! : \

Well, here ya go:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ for you and yours.

And, many more!

Thanks to you and Tim - and ALL Involved, in every way - in successfully promoting and devoting time and energy to the growing progress in the healing of the nations, and the timely sharing of this positive news for "WE The (painfully-patient) People" of Michigan / America (and all around the rest of the world) who have a REAL heart - and a bonding, and communal longing - for TRUE FREEDOM for ailing Humanity!

Thank you all for helping us all to ...

FREE The CURE!

420Throughw/Pugh

Ran into Marijuana Hater,Detroit Election Commissioner and City Council President Charles Pugh at Eastern Market Today...

I immediately starting giving him hell about him voting to Not let the Detroit Ballot regarding Marijuana be decided by the will of the people.

He did not want to respond today...

August 26, 2010 he will have to respond!

420Throughw/Pugh

Ran into Marijuana Hater,Detroit Election Commissioner and City Council President Charles Pugh at Eastern Market Today...

I immediately starting giving him hell about him voting to Not let the Detroit Ballot regarding Marijuana be decided by the will of the people.

Oh Hell Yea! :))

Thanks Ron

420Throughw/Pugh

Yeah! Way to Advocate for The Worthy Cause!

Thanks!

(Whooh! Hoooh! I got some more "+" to give out!!)

FREE The TREE!

420ThroughWithPugh,

We are through with Marijuana Hater,Detroit Election Commissioner and City Council President Charles Pugh

We all no why.

So can you come thru?

You know what to do.

Show up!

A hearing is set for August 26, 2:30 pm, in Judge Sapala's courtroom in the City-County Building, 2 Woodward Ave, Detroit , Michigan, 48226

Let Pugh hear us all

There is no Political Future in Subverting the Will of the People!

Trying to SHARE The News .... and discover why I'm having site post-access?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Free The CURE!

http://dailytribune.com/articles/2010/08/13/news/srv0000009085689.txt

(Apparently someone didn't much like what I said, so ... I'll delete it - does that makes you feel better, now?)

420ThroughWithPugh,

Ms. Chocolate

3rd Circuit Court (C03) - Detroit Honorable Michael F. Sapala I7th Floor, Room #1707

Coleman A. Young Municipal Center 2 Woodward Avenue Detroit, MI 48226

(313) 224-5261

Court Website: <A class=bbc_url title="External link" href="https://www.3rdcc.org/" rel="nofollow external">https://www.3rdcc.org/

Archived