Eminem/jay-Z

I just had to post this because I am so excited.. I have tickets for the Detroit's Comerica Park Sept 2 show and I am just bursting wanting to go so bad so I had to vent. Are any of you fans? I hear a lot of negativity about Marshall Mathers, which is understandable, but he had an addiction, like a lot of people in this world do and just because he is in the limelight he get's harped on way too much I think. I wish we lived in a world where celebrities of any kind could live their lives like us and be left alone when then they are sick or doing bad things. Do the bad things they do or their sickness effect their entertaining? No.. so I don't understand why they have to have that stuff exploited like that.. Please don't scrutinize me.. I know I am new, this is just my 2 cents. =)

His Mom still does more drugs than he does...........

Maybe I should dye my hair blonde???????????

That was pre rehab.. besides, thats HIS personal life.. and yes she does more drugs than him but does that mean we should give a crap about it? Did Monica's BJ prevent Clinton from doing his job? The drugs didn't hinder his ability to rap it just drove him in a different direction..The public just loves gossip..

Any publicity is good publicity. No publicity is the worst thing that can happen to a celeb. Hype and gossip drive the entertainment world. The public is rabid for it. There was a time when talent alone was enough to make something of yourself, but it doesn't seem to matter much any more. Luck will carry you farther than talent will.

Best to all :thumbsu:

Any publicity is good publicity. No publicity is the worst thing that can happen to a celeb. Hype and gossip drive the entertainment world. The public is rabid for it. There was a time when talent alone was enough to make something of yourself, but it doesn't seem to matter much any more. Luck will carry you farther than talent will.

Best to all :thumbsu:

Yeah I suppose you are right, but it hurts their image when they do stuff like that.. not to mention.. there are a lot of people out there that won't listen to him anymore just because he went to rehab and has family problems. Let's take Michael Jackson for instance.. he was accused of child abuse.. did he do it? I have no idea.. but I will tell you this.. I LOVED his music, and his personal life will not make me stop listening to his music.. I am not going to go with the rest of the society and say hes a bad man and there is no proof of what he did and in turn stop listening to his music. He was an amazing entertainer that lost his life as a child to his father that made him work his butt off. That is when talent alone was all people needed.. now.. even after his death people still slander him, but how come his record sales have sky rocketed?

Eminem had a HUGE drug problem.. how could people not tell with the way he acted and the words of his songs? They have since drastically changed.. anyways.. his shows still sell out.. both shows Sept 2 and 3rd in Detroit are sold out so I guess Michigan still supports their own. =) I am glad to see!!

Luck is Luck.. I definitely will not live my life by it.. got to try and make my own.. but that doesn't seem to be working either.

How can you stand that nonsense lol :P

Eminem and Jay-Z??

Eminem is a lyrical master in my opinion.. anyone that can come up with a list of words that rhyme with one chose word, in a second is someone I admire.. and his style is great.

I know the content is kinda racey but hell.. what isnt these days? :)

Eminem and Jay-Z??

Eminem is a lyrical master in my opinion.. anyone that can come up with a list of words that rhyme with one chose word, in a second is someone I admire.. and his style is great.

I know the content is kinda racey but hell.. what isnt these days? :)

I love Em and have since the 1st I heard him, and hey... I'm over 50!

One of a kind and most definitely a deft lyricist (I adore Andre 3000's

abilities also). Never been a Jay Z fan though. I saw Em and J not

too long ago on David Letterman and he is in good form, back on

his game for sure. Just read an article in Spin and have the book

"Whatever you say I am..." in process.

I would love to go but no longer can do huge crowds like that :(

I'm glad you're stoked and I hope you have a really great time!

Let us know how much fun you had, K?

peace

ps I'm glad you finally came out of the shadows, welcome :D

I love Em and have since the 1st I heard him, and hey... I'm over 50!

One of a kind and most definitely a deft lyricist (I adore Andre 3000's

abilities also). Never been a Jay Z fan though. I saw Em and J not

too long ago on David Letterman and he is in good form, back on

his game for sure. Just read an article in Spin and have the book

"Whatever you say I am..." in process.

I would love to go but no longer can do huge crowds like that :(

I'm glad you're stoked and I hope you have a really great time!

Let us know how much fun you had, K?

peace

ps I'm glad you finally came out of the shadows, welcome :D

I have loved Marshall since his 1st album.. even before The Slim Shady LP. He is a lyrical genius and there are rappers that could take a lesson from him.. like Drake perhaps ;) He has lived a hard life and done some crazy things but none of which are our business. I am just glad that he decided to do 2 shows in his home town. I just moved back here in January and I been hoping and hoping and here it is. I am not so much a Jay-z fan, but Marshall prevail!! =)

And thanks, I just couldn't lurk anymore :) My fingers go off runnin some times when I type and it takes a lot to keep them under wraps.

I am not judging him. I am just repeating his lyrics. I liked 8 mile............nice vid.

Cool.. and trust me I am not defending him for any other reason than I know addiction and I know how life is with addiction. He's a pretty screwed up person just like I am sure there are plenty of us out there that are too but we all have to move on at some point, right?

Picture yourself going from city to city getting off work at midnight, running of to your hotel needing to get to sleep so you can catch a plane at 8 am, then doing again the next day for six months in a row. Is drug abuse all that surprising?

Picture yourself going from city to city getting off work at midnight, running of to your hotel needing to get to sleep so you can catch a plane at 8 am, then doing again the next day for six months in a row. Is drug abuse all that surprising?

Most definitely not. Same thing goes for Michael Jackson.. look at his life, his childhood.. is it a wonder he was so screwed up his whole life? I know I turned to drugs for the life I had the last 15 years. It's just now that I am finally able to kick everything and say.. hey, I am worth it.

Archived