Holistic Health Cannabis Convention At The Pontiac Silverdome

We have paid. We are not worried, Bruce is a good guy. Oakland county ok'd it and after everything was said and done they wanted to set more fee's and permit crap, so cant say I blame them for wanting to move venues.

Good deal, I just worry about folks... Please keep us informed on any updates... plans have already needed to be changed for hotels, and stuff.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pontiac - Forget the pot party favors. A Halloween weekend Cannabis Convention at the Silverdome has been canceled, the city’s mayor said Tuesday.

Pontiac Mayor Leon Jukowski said promoters of a controversial three-day pot convention planned at the 80,000-plus seat facility have called off the event after discussions with city and law enforcement official

“I think it’s (cancellation) a good thing,” Jukowski said. “Considering drug problems we already have in Pontiac, I thought it was somewhat disrespectful to even consider having it here. The event was not the type of activity I wanted to be associated with Pontiac, and there were too many questions about the state medical marijuana laws and what could or could not take place inside the Silverdome.

“The promoters thought one thing and we thought another. It’s best they take it somewhere else.”

The organization promoting the event, Medical Marijuana Inc., predicted between 25,000 to 50,000 people would attend. The event was billed as a trade show to discuss the holistic benefits of marijuana. Promoters could not be immediately reached for comment.

Pontiac Police Chief Val Gross said he and others in law enforcement and city government were surprised to learn through an advertising flier of the Oct. 29-31 event and were initially concerned about illegal use of marijuana and sales of smoking-related paraphernalia.

The flier, which advertised “vaporization tents and edibles” for licensed marijuana users, featured a photo of marijuana growing through the top of the Silverdome and a smiling Jack-o-Lantern smoking what appeared to be a marijuana cigarette.

“A pumpkin smoking a blunt? Pot growing through the Silverdome roof? And 400-some vaporization tents?” Jukowski said. “If this was a matter of a discussion on the legal use of marijuana by patients it would be one thing, but it appeared clear this was something else.”

Since April 2009, it has been legal for individuals licensed through the state of Michigan to use marijuana for health reasons and for licensed caregivers to grow the herb and provide it to a small number of patients. But authorities believe others have violated provisions of the law, including selling marijuana to others.

Currently, more than a dozen people are awaiting charges in Ferndale and Waterford Township after raids of a medical marijuana clinic, a “compassion club” where cardholders met to use marijuana and at a dispensary which authorities believe is also illegal.

Jukowski said it was his understanding the promoter was looking to move the event to Cobo Hall in Detroit sometime in 2011.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101005/METRO02/10050382/1409/Royal-Oak-extends-pot-moratorium--Auburn-Hills-approves-ban

Jukowski said it was his understanding the promoter was looking to move the event to Cobo Hall in Detroit sometime in 2011.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20101005/METRO02/10050382/1409/Royal-Oak-extends-pot-moratorium--Auburn-Hills-approves-ban

Location is correct, wrong time frame.

As soon as I have offical word from the higher powers I will let everyone know what has been decided.

WEll Mayor we are in the show, and we have not received that information. They have decided to have it else where then the silverdome, but as of right now it is still going to happen. WE would be one of the first to know if it was cancelled, and we have not been contacted.

Canceled period.

Canceled period.

~ Join The Hemp Network with Dave Allen (760) 960-0162 ~

~ THN / MMI ~

~ Links ~

Join The Hemp Network with Dave Allen (760) 960-0162

The Hemp Network's Now On BetterNetworker

Learn About Medical Marijuana, Inc.

~ Sweet ~

~ Resources ~

The Hemp Industries Association

Americans For Safe Access

USA Hemp Museum

"Hemp in Japan" Library

Jack Herer's - The Emperor Wears No Clothes

Hemp for Victory - 1942

CNBC Special Report - Marijuana & Money

Vote Hemp

NORML

~ Patrick's ~

~ Extras ~

The Fuel Film

The Venus Project

Oaksterdam University

The High Sierra Volunteer Trail Crew

Coastal Heritage Society of Louisiana

Treating Yourself Magazine

Picnik Online Photo Editing

Silk Road Teas

The Flower - A Meditation On Marijuana Prohibition

Truth About Gulf Oil Disaster With Gregg Hall

MykoWeb

2010 Halloween Harmony & Harvest Festival Cancelled!

Hello Fellow Hemp and Cannabis Enthusiasts,

Bummer ;-((((

The International Holistic Health Cannabis Convention - 2010 Halloween Harmony & Harvest Festival has been cancelled.

May be re-scheduled for Summer/Fall next year!

Remember the new call in number and times for The Hemp Network conference calls: (323) 843-0075 PIN: 339284# -- Mon 8pm PST - Tues & Wed 6pm PST - Sat 10am PST

I recieved a e-mail stateing the Expo is canceled..Man this sucks..Any one know why?

Hello Fellow Hemp and Cannabis Enthusiasts,

Bummer ;-((((

The International Holistic Health Cannabis Convention - 2010 Halloween Harmony & Harvest Festival has been cancelled.

May be re-scheduled for Summer/Fall next year!

Remember the new call in number and times for The Hemp Network conference calls: (323) 843-0075 PIN: 339284# -- Mon 8pm PST - Tues

i sent a email to them this is what they just sent me , i asked them bout being canceled and what about people paid for a spot. Sucks! - Your planning and my work lost…..

For anyone that has paid for a booth, they will be refunded.

Cancel any hotel reservations, etc.

Homeland Security? / Home LAND Fuel?

Patrick Haueter

The Hemp Network - Medical Marijuana, Inc.

E-mail: hemp@patrickhaueter.com

Office: (866) 931-7784

Cell: (650) 530-2092

Guest TheHempNetwork

IT SUCKS!!!!!! - WE KNOW!!!!

International Holistic Health Cannabis Convention- 2010 Harmony Harvest Festival has been CANCELLED!- Poss re-sched for summer 2011 ;-((

I was asked to help out of desperation because the organizers were not getting much adequate assistance out of the locals who they had enlisted earlier on. At that time I accepted because I was motivated to ensure proper representation fir our community.

I arranged for free booths for non profits and political organizations, I assembled a list of competent local speakers and began arranging for some local businesses to get very good pricing for their space.

The promoters and organizers and people managing from out of state, kept changing hands- I got the most recent call by a new participant from Colorado on Sunday before the announcement that the Silverdome would no longer be the location.

This event was never managed very well, was ill concieved and had horrible timing. I do not wish to work against it in any way, but I am glad that it is not going on, under the circumstances.

Look at the letter Bruce- aka "The King of Idiots" wrote to the United States Patent and Trademark Office:

http://tmportal.uspto.gov/external/portal/tow?SRCH=Y&isSubmitted=true&details&SELECT=US+Serial+No&TEXT=77900965

Document Description: Response to Office Action

Mail / Create Date: 05-Sep-2010

PTO Form 1957 (Rev 9/2005)

OMB No. 0651-0050 (Exp. 04/30/2011)

Response to Office Action

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The table below presents the data as entered.

Input Field Entered

SERIAL NUMBER 77900965

LAW OFFICE ASSIGNED LAW OFFICE 108

MARK SECTION (no change)

ARGUMENT(S)

Date: September 05, 2010

United States Patent & Trademark Office

Examining Attorney

John S. Yard

Law Office 115

(571) 272-9486

Dear Examining Attorney Yard,

Please accept this cover letter as my response to your office action dated 04/25/2010 concerning my pending service mark application “THE KING OF POT” with serial #-77/900,965.

With respect, I need to know why the registered mark THE KING OF CANNABIS was NOT cited during the initial examination.

Further, why did it take a LETTER OF PROTEST to change the results of this initial examination?

(1) I herein DISAGREE with your statement: “previous allowance count has been withdrawn” and I also DISAGREE with the “NEW ISSUE”-section 2(D) REUSAL.

(2) I also DISAGREE with your statement: “the following issue not previously raised by the examining attorney has been noted through routine administrative review”.

(3) I DO AGREE with: Date: March 24, 2010; an initial examination was conducted by the examining attorney and found:

OFFICE SEARCH: The examining attorney has searched the Office’s database of registered and pending marks and has found no conflicting marks that would bar registration under Trademark Act Section 2(d). 15 U.S.C. §1052(d); TMEP §704.02.

I accepted these comments because I agree there are NO conflicting marks.

(4) I ALSO AGREED with the AMENDMENT:

The identification of goods is amended to read as follows: “Business consultation services in the field of marijuana, hemp and medical marijuana.” See TMEP §§1402.01, 1402.01(e).

(5) I FURTHER AGREED with:

The following disclaimer statement is added to the record: No claim is made to the exclusive right to use “POT” apart from the mark as shown.

Page 1 of 3

Word Mark

THE KING OF CANNABIS

Goods and Services

IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, shirts, shorts, trousers, dresses and skirts; footwear, headwear

IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions, retail store services featuring clothing, smokers articles, jewelry, gardening suppliers, furniture, kitchenware, picture postcards and posters

IC 043. US 100 101. G & S: Restaurant services for providing food and drink

(6) I did a search to see if the owner/applicant of “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is, or has been, actively selling clothing in the USA in IC class #25 and could NOT find anything.

All I did find was A SEED BANK.

If “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is selling “Marijuana seeds and/or importing said seeds into the USA then they have a BIG problem; especially with the interstate commerce sale of seeds.

Please show me on the internet, or anyplace in the USA, where “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is advertising and selling, in IC #25: “clothing, namely, shirts, shorts, trousers, dresses and skirts; footwear, headwear” or the like?

I also did NOT find any active services on the internet or rendered in the USA in IC #35: “Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions, retail store services featuring clothing, smokers articles, jewelry, gardening suppliers, furniture, kitchenware, picture postcards and posters”

Please show me on the internet, or in the USA, where “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is rendering the service in IC #43: “Restaurant services for providing food and drink”.

The applicant ONLY sells Marijuana seeds. Their website does NOT show anything for sale other than seeds.

I am under the impression in order to receive Federal protection in the USA the BRAND NAME had to be ACTIVELY in use within the USA and Interstate commerce had to be claimed with a date of first use.

Please explain the answers to my points of interest?

(7) Please keep in mind I have the COMMON LAW RIGHTS for the use of my BRAND NAME “The King of Pot” dating back to January 01, 1978.

(8) I also DISAGREE with the LETTER OF PROTEST that was filed on April 20, 2010 wherein Attorney Epstein stated: “the proposed mark is inherently descriptive”.

If THE KING OF POT is inherently descriptive; surely THE KING OF CANNABIS is also!

Page 2 of 3

One of my former dysfunctional employee’s, Clifford Perry, had his boyfriend hire Epstein & Epstein to file the LETTER OF PROTEST. This is NOT right.

(9) I further DISAGREE with the examiners statement: “The following issue not previously raised by the examining attorney has been noted through routine administrative review and is now raised for the first time.”

The examiner reviewed the original application and set the publication of the mark and then allowed the PROTEST. This is NOT fair. The protester should have waited until the 30 day PUBLICATION period like everybody else.

(10) I further DISAGREE with the examiners statement: “likelihood of confusion”. There is NO likelihood of confusion. Phonically the word POT and CANNABIS do NOT sound the same.

(11) I DISAGREE with the examiners statement: “The terms POT and CANNABIS each connote marijuana”. Both are used in the field of marijuana and BOTH were DISCLAIMED in their applications. So what we are really dealing with is the first three words of both BRAND NAMES: “The King of”. There are other marks using “The King of”

Further; the statement: “likely that a potential consumer would be confused or mistaken or deceived as to the source of the goods and/or services” is not agreed with.

As already mentioned, the CANNABIS application does NOT show any use of their mark in the USA. My mark is constantly in the news and advertised here in the USA. I see NO way a consumer could be confused as the CANNABIS application is NOT using their trade or service mark BRAND NAME here in the USA.

(12) I further DISAGREE with your statement: “similarity of the marks, similarity of the goods and/or services, and similarity of trade channels of the goods and/or services”. There are NO similarities as the CANNABIS owner is NOT using their BRAND NAME mark here in the USA.

Having answered to all of the examiners points I herein respectively will consider my original application be amended to SUPPLEMENTAL register.

Thanks for your help with my application.

Kindest regards,

Bruce Perlowin

705 N. State St. # 664

Ukiah, CA 95482-3407

Phone Number: (323) 420-6800

Page 3 of 3

SIGNATURE SECTION

RESPONSE SIGNATURE /bruce perlowin/

SIGNATORY'S NAME /bruce perlowin/

SIGNATORY'S POSITION Owner

DATE SIGNED 09/05/2010

AUTHORIZED SIGNATORY YES

FILING INFORMATION SECTION

SUBMIT DATE Sun Sep 05 17:29:11 EDT 2010

TEAS STAMP USPTO/ROA-75.208.50.54-20

100905172911282679-779009

65-47013f3f6f2fc0e2b2a4df

4238897dd98d-N/A-N/A-2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PTO Form 1957 (Rev 9/2005)

OMB No. 0651-0050 (Exp. 04/30/2011)

Response to Office Action

To the Commissioner for Trademarks:

Application serial no. 77900965 has been amended as follows:

ARGUMENT(S)

In response to the substantive refusal(s), please note the following:

Date: September 05, 2010

United States Patent & Trademark Office

Examining Attorney

John S. Yard

Law Office 115

(571) 272-9486

Dear Examining Attorney Yard,

Please accept this cover letter as my response to your office action dated 04/25/2010 concerning my pending service mark application “THE KING OF POT” with serial #-77/900,965.

With respect, I need to know why the registered mark THE KING OF CANNABIS was NOT cited during the initial examination.

Further, why did it take a LETTER OF PROTEST to change the results of this initial examination?

(1) I herein DISAGREE with your statement: “previous allowance count has been withdrawn” and I also DISAGREE with the “NEW ISSUE”-section 2(D) REUSAL.

(2) I also DISAGREE with your statement: “the following issue not previously raised by the examining attorney has been noted through routine administrative review”.

(3) I DO AGREE with: Date: March 24, 2010; an initial examination was conducted by the examining attorney and found:

OFFICE SEARCH: The examining attorney has searched the Office’s database of registered and pending marks and has found no conflicting marks that would bar registration under Trademark Act Section 2(d). 15 U.S.C. §1052(d); TMEP §704.02.

I accepted these comments because I agree there are NO conflicting marks.

(4) I ALSO AGREED with the AMENDMENT:

The identification of goods is amended to read as follows: “Business consultation services in the field of marijuana, hemp and medical marijuana.” See TMEP §§1402.01, 1402.01(e).

(5) I FURTHER AGREED with:

The following disclaimer statement is added to the record: No claim is made to the exclusive right to use “POT” apart from the mark as shown.

Page 1 of 3

Word Mark

THE KING OF CANNABIS

Goods and Services

IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing, namely, shirts, shorts, trousers, dresses and skirts; footwear, headwear

IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions, retail store services featuring clothing, smokers articles, jewelry, gardening suppliers, furniture, kitchenware, picture postcards and posters

IC 043. US 100 101. G & S: Restaurant services for providing food and drink

(6) I did a search to see if the owner/applicant of “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is, or has been, actively selling clothing in the USA in IC class #25 and could NOT find anything.

All I did find was A SEED BANK.

If “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is selling “Marijuana seeds and/or importing said seeds into the USA then they have a BIG problem; especially with the interstate commerce sale of seeds.

Please show me on the internet, or anyplace in the USA, where “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is advertising and selling, in IC #25: “clothing, namely, shirts, shorts, trousers, dresses and skirts; footwear, headwear” or the like?

I also did NOT find any active services on the internet or rendered in the USA in IC #35: “Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions, retail store services featuring clothing, smokers articles, jewelry, gardening suppliers, furniture, kitchenware, picture postcards and posters”

Please show me on the internet, or in the USA, where “THE KING OF CANNABIS” is rendering the service in IC #43: “Restaurant services for providing food and drink”.

The applicant ONLY sells Marijuana seeds. Their website does NOT show anything for sale other than seeds.

I am under the impression in order to receive Federal protection in the USA the BRAND NAME had to be ACTIVELY in use within the USA and Interstate commerce had to be claimed with a date of first use.

Please explain the answers to my points of interest?

(7) Please keep in mind I have the COMMON LAW RIGHTS for the use of my BRAND NAME “The King of Pot” dating back to January 01, 1978.

(8) I also DISAGREE with the LETTER OF PROTEST that was filed on April 20, 2010 wherein Attorney Epstein stated: “the proposed mark is inherently descriptive”.

If THE KING OF POT is inherently descriptive; surely THE KING OF CANNABIS is also!

Page 2 of 3

One of my former dysfunctional employee’s, Clifford Perry, had his boyfriend hire Epstein & Epstein to file the LETTER OF PROTEST. This is NOT right.

(9) I further DISAGREE with the examiners statement: “The following issue not previously raised by the examining attorney has been noted through routine administrative review and is now raised for the first time.”

The examiner reviewed the original application and set the publication of the mark and then allowed the PROTEST. This is NOT fair. The protester should have waited until the 30 day PUBLICATION period like everybody else.

(10) I further DISAGREE with the examiners statement: “likelihood of confusion”. There is NO likelihood of confusion. Phonically the word POT and CANNABIS do NOT sound the same.

(11) I DISAGREE with the examiners statement: “The terms POT and CANNABIS each connote marijuana”. Both are used in the field of marijuana and BOTH were DISCLAIMED in their applications. So what we are really dealing with is the first three words of both BRAND NAMES: “The King of”. There are other marks using “The King of”

Further; the statement: “likely that a potential consumer would be confused or mistaken or deceived as to the source of the goods and/or services” is not agreed with.

As already mentioned, the CANNABIS application does NOT show any use of their mark in the USA. My mark is constantly in the news and advertised here in the USA. I see NO way a consumer could be confused as the CANNABIS application is NOT using their trade or service mark BRAND NAME here in the USA.

(12) I further DISAGREE with your statement: “similarity of the marks, similarity of the goods and/or services, and similarity of trade channels of the goods and/or services”. There are NO similarities as the CANNABIS owner is NOT using their BRAND NAME mark here in the USA.

Having answered to all of the examiners points I herein respectively will consider my original application be amended to SUPPLEMENTAL register.

Thanks for your help with my application.

Kindest regards,

Bruce Perlowin

705 N. State St. # 664

Ukiah, CA 95482-3407

Phone Number: (323) 420-6800

Page 3 of 3

SIGNATURE(S)

Response Signature

Signature: /bruce perlowin/ Date: 09/05/2010

Signatory's Name: /bruce perlowin/

Signatory's Position: Owner

The signatory has confirmed that he/she is not represented by either an authorized attorney or Canadian attorney/agent, and that he/she is either (1) the applicant or (2) a person(s) with legal authority to bind the applicant; and if an authorized U.S. attorney or Canadian attorney/agent previously represented him/her in this matter, either he/she has filed a signed revocation of power of attorney with the USPTO or the USPTO has granted the request of his/her prior representative to withdraw.

Serial Number: 77900965

Internet Transmission Date: Sun Sep 05 17:29:11 EDT 2010

TEAS Stamp: USPTO/ROA-75.208.50.54-20100905172911282

679-77900965-47013f3f6f2fc0e2b2a4df42388

97dd98d-N/A-N/A-20100905172552242296

Boy oh boy, there's been some real venom spitting here regarding Bruce Perlowin.

I don't know the man, but I have read a lot about him. Needed to since I decided to get involved in The Hemp Network. And I decided to do that in order to help promote greater access to and expand the demand for hemp.

Which I think will finally end all the commotion about cannabis and MMJ. If Walmart needs hemp to satisfy their customers, chances are much better that Bill Schutte and Jessica Cooper etal will become marginalized.

Now, there are some things I've seen from links here and elsewhere regarding Bruce and his abilities. He is trying to patent the term "King of Pot". I can understand his thinking in marketing himself, but I personally have an ideological problem with using patent law to protect words. That's me.

Medical Marijuana Inc. may not do anything in revenue with its original goals of setting up POS systems for dispensaries. Hell, dispensaries themselves face plenty of obstacles everywhere. And selling training sites on franchise? Maybe. Who knew that Oaksterdam and others could attract a market.

But the idea for The Hemp Network is fundamentally sound. Network marketing, while making many run for the hills at first mention, has been proven successful more than once. Statistics I've seen estimate that 98% of the people who try it don't succeed. But 2% do very well at it. I have a family member who had moderate success with Shaklee, mostly with nutritional products.

I've just started to use the initial product, Nature's Ancient Wisdom, a hemp protein and medicinal mushroom powder. I doubt that it'll kill me. It could help me with any number of irritations that come with too many birthdays. But the concept is sound.

If The Hemp Network actually works, it'll have many a commenter here and mostly elsewhere eating some crow. If it doesn't, then it'll go bust. The latter will hurt stockholders of MJNA. The former will help every single participant of this forum gain easier and much broader access to the whole topic of every discussion on these pages...unfettered access to medical marijuana.

Which one will you root for?

But the idea for The Hemp Network is fundamentally sound. Network marketing, while making many run for the hills at first mention, has been proven successful more than once. Statistics I've seen estimate that 98% of the people who try it don't succeed. But 2% do very well at it. I have a family member who had moderate success with Shaklee, mostly with nutritional products.

Ya the 2% at the top of the pyramid always do well. Most people who have short term success at things like Amway do so at the determent to their family and friends. That is over once they run out of people who trust them enough to spend that kind of money on a promise of a better life.

Boy oh boy, there's been some real venom spitting here regarding Bruce Perlowin.

I don't know the man, but I have read a lot about him. Needed to since I decided to get involved in The Hemp Network. And I decided to do that in order to help promote greater access to and expand the demand for hemp.

Which I think will finally end all the commotion about cannabis and MMJ. If Walmart needs hemp to satisfy their customers, chances are much better that Bill Schutte and Jessica Cooper etal will become marginalized.

Now, there are some things I've seen from links here and elsewhere regarding Bruce and his abilities. He is trying to patent the term "King of Pot". I can understand his thinking in marketing himself, but I personally have an ideological problem with using patent law to protect words. That's me.

Medical Marijuana Inc. may not do anything in revenue with its original goals of setting up POS systems for dispensaries. Hell, dispensaries themselves face plenty of obstacles everywhere. And selling training sites on franchise? Maybe. Who knew that Oaksterdam and others could attract a market.

I've just started to use the initial product, Nature's Ancient Wisdom, a hemp protein and medicinal mushroom powder. I doubt that it'll kill me. It could help me with any number of irritations that come with too many birthdays. But the concept is sound.

If The Hemp Network actually works, it'll have many a commenter here and mostly elsewhere eating some crow. If it doesn't, then it'll go bust. The latter will hurt stockholders of MJNA. The former will help every single participant of this forum gain easier and much broader access to the whole topic of every discussion on these pages...unfettered access to medical marijuana.

Which one will you root for?

"Boy oh boy, there's been some real venom spitting here regarding Bruce Perlowin."

"it'll have many a commenter here and mostly elsewhere eating some crow."

You are Bruce's kiss donkey-boy?

Probably. Bruce finds innocent victims who have nothing, pays them close to nothing and dangles the carrot, with promises of riches beyond your wildest dreams. It's ALL moo-poo, the man is nothing more than a bottom feeder playing everyone like a fiddle and laughing his donkey off about it behind the scenes. The truth is being exposed internationally as we speak, he's digging his own grave, you will see.

"Boy oh boy, there's been some real venom spitting here regarding Bruce Perlowin."

"it'll have many a commenter here and mostly elsewhere eating some crow."

You are Bruce's kiss donkey-boy?

What do you think? I'll refrain from getting personal. Try the whole quote

If The Hemp Network actually works, it'll have many a commenter here and mostly elsewhere eating some crow.

Greenbob, tell me what you know about Bruce and The Hemp Network. As I said, I don't know the man.

Do you want MMJ to be the last use of cannabis hemp?

Archived