Police Arguing Hashhish Is Not Allowable Under Mmma

our law describes marijuana as defined in section 7106 of the public health code, 1978 PA 368, MCL 333.7106, im not going to debate that, it is absolutely true, however, i think the definition of "usable Marihuana" is the point of discussion here and wether hash falls under that catagory.

is hash not a preperation made from leaves and flowers?

and ill give you a +rep ms., this topic needs every angle to be considered!

This is an important discussion, and a lot of good points have been made. I would also say that whomever is right, will only be right depending on how the Courts rule. That is what will ultimately decide this issue. The statements made about the driver being pulled over, and the officer not knowing what it was that the driver was possessing tells you that LEO does not understand MEDICAL MARIHUANA. Leo does not understand how different patients are going to use different parts of the plant to treat there medical condition. I would interject into this debate the following section of the MMMA, to support the position that HASH or any other usable material from the plant that is 2.5 ounces or less is allowable. I would say the section

333.26427 Scope of act; limitations.

Sec. 7. (a) The medical use of marihuana is allowed under state law to the extent that it is carried out in accordance with the provisions of this act.

(e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

again i would say preface this by saying this issue is yet to be decided, but i think it is important not to concede that hash or some other derivative of the plant is a usable material. It is a slippery slope that patients should accept.

To say it will only be right or wrong by how a court rules becomes an area where we let courts establish a new definition of what the word "is" is.

I understand rulings set precedence, but; not with out debate and guidance. That is why we need competent attorneys like yourself Mr. Komorn.

Hash is NOT allowed! Review the fed and state definitions (btw- they are basicly the same). A slice of those definations are allowed for our MMJ law. Usable marihuana is the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparations of those leaves and flowers. Resin extracts are not included as legal anywhere.

and there not excluded either.resin extracts are prepared from leaves and flowers

I still don't get it....

The police CLAIM that the law is VAGUE and UNCLEAR..

So, how do they know what to enforce? How do they know what IS and IS NOT legal?

Arresting someone for thinking that they were doing something illegal is just wrong..

Guilty until proven innocent!

You make a very valid observation which strikes at the core of the activities seen in Oakland County. If law enforcement is unclear on certain legislation it is their duty to become well informed prior to ANY activities which may restrict any individual's natural rights.

According to the Sheriff's department the law is vague and they don't have any specified rules in place in order to enforce it. In cases such as this it is the responsibility of each and every officer to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that they revert back to their oath to uphold the constitutions of their country and respective states. Orders given by commanding officers MUST NOT conflict with their over-riding duty to protect and serve the edicts of their oath.

Let's form a hypothetical example. Michigan adopts new death penalty legislation. The legislation is someone vague in terms of the definition of "murder". result? Every time someone is pulled over for speeding the officer put a bullet in the speeders head. Why? Because the new legislation of "murder" is vague. I realize this example is quite extreme but if you were one of the patient's being forced to the floor and handcuffed by masked men.....well....you might not think so. According to the information provided by Michigan's Department of Public Health they were not in conflict of any law in regard to their actions. There is NO room for "oops" when it comes to law enforcement. Accountability...accountability....accountability.

• 2 weeks later...

Pointless debate, this is just another LEO/official who is misinformed about the LAW:

"(j) "Usable marihuana" means the dried leaves and flowers of the marihuana plant, and any mixture or preparation thereof, but does not include the seeds, stalks, and roots of the plant."

"ANY MIXTURE OR PREPARATION" - that includes simpson oil, medibles, tinctures, cooking oil, - and hash!

Don't debate people on topics like this, its a side-track tactic to waste time on the real issues. I think the agent who announced this said Hash was a synthetic modification of the plant - to make it more potent. "Synthetic" is man-made modification - like making cocaine Hydrochloride from the coca leaf. That is nothing like just rubbing the trichromes off the plant and pressing it into a little ball.

-DN

Ice-o-lator, or bubble hash bags - with ice is the best, natural way to remove the trichromes off the plant material. (I really want to check out this dry ice method!)

Stuff like butane, acetone, ether - chemicals to extract is harsh. What you are doing is 'washing' the trichromes off the plant material, the liquid evaporates and leaves the trichomes behind as an oil. Plus, what ever was added to the butane or chemical - there are various grades of chemicals. Medical or labotory grade is usually the best - it is pure, and refined to contain little or no harmful components that can cause cancer! The stuff you buy at stores and flea markets in large quanities - from china, or russia - will have additives to 'cut' the product. Some times its oily, sometimes its just another gas. Sometimes I think they tinkle in it too. :blink:

Why, to sell more product for less cost - its like cutting the booze - no one can tell when trying to light a lighter or clean stains from dry cleaning right? On some of these containers it will actually say "97% butane - and ...? extra filler - that little filler is the killer.

Lab or medical grade ether is hard to get - as cocaine dealers use it to cut and re-brick kilos.

Acetone, same thing - because ether was getting harder to get!

Butane - not so, but it has no real application - you are stuck with trying to find a decent store brand - with as close to pure butane - I guess try an american brand!

Ether: I tried this, it works and ether evaporates the fastest compared to acetone or other solvents. It tends to make the hash oil a bit sweeter. It smokes mellow, and no 'waxy lung' after effect. Good luck getting pure ether!

One thing I see people leave out in the butane processing is this step :

You can wash the extrated material with distilled water to remove as much by-product or residue from the butane fillers. Hash oil is an oil!, so nice chilled water will only remove water-based compounds - good enough.

Do I suggest or recommend butane - probably not - people that try hash oil from butane are complaining of a 'waxy, oil' coating on the lungs the morning after, coughing up stuff. Is it from butane, or ? I just notice that does not happen with ice extraction method, pure, clean ice and water.

-DN

Archived