Spider Mite Problems? General Questions? The Doctor Is In!

Guest drcanna-pest

Guest drcanna-pest

Anyone out there have spider mites this summer in Michigan? We have 2 mites to deal with and the Captain Jacks, Safer Soap, Azamax....all the crap you keep spraying will not work. I have the solution.

Do you have general questions about how to make your ladies more healthy? Lighting questions?

Do you wonder how to make a quality canna-butter that actually WORKS or how about a tincture?

I am open to anything you can throw at me! Lets make this fun and informative!

Do you wonder how to make a quality canna-butter that actually WORKS or how about a tincture?

In the "Spirit of Fun and Information" I would love to know ANY and ALL tricks/techniques you have for Quality CannaButter and Tinc's!

Anyone out there have spider mites this summer in Michigan? We have 2 mites to deal with and the Captain Jacks, Safer Soap, Azamax....all the crap you keep spraying will not work. I have the solution.

Do you have general questions about how to make your ladies more healthy? Lighting questions?

I used floramite and sm-90 and tehn phed at 5.5 and they are all gone..

Guest drcanna-pest

For sure the cold will slow them down.

I good question would be, is it possible to kill all spider mites by dropping the temperature low enough to kill the mites, yet not so much that it will kill your plants?

No it won't. The high temps keep them around. You don't want to drop the temp enough to really make them go...that WILL hurt the plants. If you can get your hands on Mite-Rid that is the ONLY thing I have seen take out really bad infestations on some serious gardens. It is only available in Traverse City at the Grow Store. If anyone needs it I will buy it for you and mail it to you. I won't charge you a penny more than I paid to get it. THIS IS THE STUFF!

Guest drcanna-pest

In the "Spirit of Fun and Information" I would love to know ANY and ALL tricks/techniques you have for Quality CannaButter and Tinc's!

CannaButter - take a half oz of some mid grades or if you have enough quality meds to spare use them. This is the only way to ensure EVERYONE who eats the butter gets medicated greatly. In a slow cooker mix the finely chopped buds(not leaf - there is little to no THC or CBD in these), water, and 3 sticks of butter. Let this sit for 24 hrs.

The water helps to take out the yucky taste of all plant matter. After 24hrs strain the plant matter with a cheese cloth, or just a sheet/white pillow case and get all of the butter you can out of the matter and into a big bowl. You will have to strain a few times and use gloves cause its sooo hot. Let the bowl sit in the fridge a few hours (not freezer, its faster but freezes butter and extreme cold is bad for THC). The butter and the water will separate when it cools. - Scrap it off, butter some toast, and go watch a movie.

If anyone is serious about making tinctures the process is longer but the end result is much more potent and you can make candies :o) let me know....

Guest drcanna-pest

Will mites be less of a problem in the winter?

They will be less of a problem to get them...but if you have them make sure they are gone before winter. then they most likely won't come back next year if you practice PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE!!!! Most great growers don't deal with pest because they are prevented from ever coming into contact with the cannabis.

No it won't. The high temps keep them around. You don't want to drop the temp enough to really make them go...that WILL hurt the plants. If you can get your hands on Mite-Rid that is the ONLY thing I have seen take out really bad infestations on some serious gardens. It is only available in Traverse City at the Grow Store. If anyone needs it I will buy it for you and mail it to you. I won't charge you a penny more than I paid to get it. THIS IS THE STUFF!

How does this stuff compare to SNS & Neem Oil, and have you tried either of them?

Guest drcanna-pest

How does this stuff compare to SNS & Neem Oil, and have you tried either of them?

I have tried them all. Many times. Sometimes they do work. But it takes so many applications and if someone has a really really bad infestation...Mite Rid is it. It was only available in the UK for a long time...now you can get it in MI.

Dr. Canna- I sent you a pm. Let me know if you can help me out with getting some of this product. I have tried everything to rid my crop of spidermites but the little gentlemen keep coming back. I spent about $150 on predatory mites and they didnt work at all. Countless applications of azamax and floramite later im definitly ready to give this a try.

Guest drcanna-pest

Dr. Canna- I sent you a pm. Let me know if you can help me out with getting some of this product. I have tried everything to rid my crop of spidermites but the little gentlemen keep coming back. I spent about $150 on predatory mites and they didnt work at all. Countless applications of azamax and floramite later im definitly ready to give this a try.

Yes sir I will reply shortly. I will be in Big Rapids this week for work so maybe we can connect somehow. I will contact you soon. Thanks

Yes sir I will reply shortly. I will be in Big Rapids this week for work so maybe we can connect somehow. I will contact you soon. Thanks

Yeah that would be great. We could definitly hook up in Big Rapids, I have hunting property just northwest of there and will be back and forth between here and there the next couple weeks. Let me know what works for you...I really appreciate the help.

Hot Shots = no mites

Used them with no luck whatsoever...not to mention they are not good to have if there are pets in the house or if you spend a lot of time in the room. The only thing I had mild success with was spraying every 3-4 days with azamax and no pest strips, but even then the mites were still there somewhat. The biggest problem I seem to have is when I get between weeks 4- harvest with not being able to spray pesticides, they spread like wildfire.

shut down your grow op, clear out everything from the rooms vacuum, do bug boms for 7 days. Bleach walls, floors if possible. Mites reduce yield by 25%. Clean the entire operation. containers, everything.

ever hear of floramite?

how does it compare to floramite?

Guest drcanna-pest

how does it compare to floramite?

Floramite? I have not used that so I can not compare. I have used Captain Jacks, Safer Soaps of all kinds, Azamax...but Mite-Rid really works on really serious mite problems...

Hot shots Used correctly work awesome. Had super mites, Large and dark. Tried months of treatments, Doktor Doom works ok, Sucra Shield works, But the only thing that killed them for good was 2 Hotshots in my bud room and 1 in my veg. All DEAD!! I greatly reduced #'s with Worm teas, extracting and bubbling nematodes and other beneficial microbes, watering the soil and then spraying them down with the tea, increasing microbial activity. Enhancing health....but Hotshots work, and they work well!! No alteration to flavor/ yield. Excretes a odorless vapor that kills ALL insects, 7 bucks apiece at walmart,in the household cleaning/insecticide area. A cheap solution that works...

Used them with no luck whatsoever...not to mention they are not good to have if there are pets in the house or if you spend a lot of time in the room. The only thing I had mild success with was spraying every 3-4 days with azamax and no pest strips, but even then the mites were still there somewhat. The biggest problem I seem to have is when I get between weeks 4- harvest with not being able to spray pesticides, they spread like wildfire.

Guest drcanna-pest

Powdery mildew.

I've heard to spray,10% milk to 90% water ,and or water pHed 9.It will slow down growth.

Is there someting to completely knock it out?

I would say to spot treat with a Powdery Mildew treatment of your choice...I like Greencure...it's great stuff and when I've been gifted a cutting that PM shows up on, one treatment of Greencure and it's gone.

If your taking cuttings off a Mother plant and those cuttings are showing up with PM, the most likely cause is the Mother...she's had PM, it's systemic and her cuttings have PM. Your environment is allowing it to come out and grow. Worst case is replace all of your current stock, clean your grow area thoroughly, bleach walls, etc. and start from scratch with good cuttings that have not had PM or start from seed.

Otherwise, I think the Greencure will definitely help you keep it at bay or even take care of it for you entirely. It's cheap at 14 - 18$. Increased ventilation will help a bunch as well.

You could also invest in a Sulfur Burner, that will knock it back good as well. There are some good DIY Sulfur Burner tutorials around, could make your own and save about 100$ from buying one. Could also just get a hot plate, aluminum frying pan and pick up the sulfur pellets and vaporize them that way. A lot of people have success with the frying pan method. Just gotta be careful though obviously.

Just thought I'd add a little more. Sulfur is something that will leave a residue on your plants, if you burn late in flower you WILL get match taste on your buds. That's bad. With Greencure, spraying past the 4th week of flower would not be a good idea, spot treatments after that are ideal. Sulfur, same rule. not past 4th week of flower. Once you get on a maintenance schedule with whatever remedy you choose, you can spray every two weeks and keep the PM outta there. Just the last 4 weeks of flower are crucial to spot treat and keep it back.

Guest drcanna-pest

Hot shots Used correctly work awesome. Had super mites, Large and dark. Tried months of treatments, Doktor Doom works ok, Sucra Shield works, But the only thing that killed them for good was 2 Hotshots in my bud room and 1 in my veg. All DEAD!! I greatly reduced #'s with Worm teas, extracting and bubbling nematodes and other beneficial microbes, watering the soil and then spraying them down with the tea, increasing microbial activity. Enhancing health....but Hotshots work, and they work well!! No alteration to flavor/ yield. Excretes a odorless vapor that kills ALL insects, 7 bucks apiece at walmart,in the household cleaning/insecticide area. A cheap solution that works...

MITE-RID im telling you!!!! You wont be dissapointed!!!

Keep your grow area as clean as possible. Lady bugs are also good to have in your garden. Try it out.

Archived