Did Not Have My Card And Got A Possession Charge During A Traffic Stop

happygirl

I WAS A PASSENGER IN A CAR THAT HAD BEEN PULLED OVER I DID NOT HAVE MY CARD ON ME AND GOT A POSSESSION CHARGE AND HAVE TO GO TO COURT IT IS A MISDEMENOR CHARGE AND IVE NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE BEFORE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Bring your card to court with you!!!! I would like to believe that would do it and the charges would/should be dropped!!!

Peace,

WildMan

I WAS A PASSENGER IN A CAR THAT HAD BEEN PULLED OVER I DID NOT HAVE MY CARD ON ME AND GOT A POSSESSION CHARGE AND HAVE TO GO TO COURT IT IS A MISDEMENOR CHARGE AND IVE NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE BEFORE. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

If you were legal but simply did not have your card in your possession bring it to the next court hearing a similar occurrence happened a week or so back the PA decided to drop the charges before court.

If you were legal but simply did not have your card in your possession bring it to the next court hearing a similar occurrence happened a week or so back the PA decided to drop the charges before court.

bring all paperwork and card i just had this same thing dropped in Warren, went to city attny with my attny,and showed all paperwork, my card expired the day before i went to court, since my card proved it was already issued at the time of the ticket last feb. they just dismissed it good luck what city were you in when incident occurred. good luck and keep us updated

T266EF1888888998555.gif

Welcome " happygirl " to MMMA 2.0

Yes ... I too would contact the Prosecutor and

show them your Card ...

One thing i would be careful carring your meds that are

easy to have access to while inside a motor vehicle ...

I keep my meds locked in a briefcase so that LEO can't

say i was useing them while driving down the road ...

Locking them in the glovebox or trunk is much safer ... :thumbsu:

Hope everything works out for you and it should but who knows now a days. I suggest EVERYONE carry those cards and paperwork cause eventually the courts are going to say all you had to do is have your card and you couldnt even do that so too bad. Not that haveing the card or paperwork really means anything to the police right now, cause they just say ohhh well we need to verify this is even real. Moral of the story carry that making whoopee card.................................

Guest drcanna-pest

I have to disagree with telling everyone to lock your meds in your glove box........If people keep posting this LEO is going to think it's some kind of rule...........I agree that out of sight is safer but to say it needs to be locked up is incorrect......(watch the negs fly)...HJ

i agree with keeping them out of view and hidden some where so they don't try and get you for a DUI...

Truthfully I never carry my card cuz I'm scared I'll lose it. I lock that bunny muffin up in my safe. I know it's dumb but I just use common sense when I'm out and act like it's still illegal. Keeps me out of trouble.

Thats interesting. It takes so darn long to get the card that people are so worried they will loose it they dont even carry it. Talk about a SNAFU.

That would be the worst, loosing your wallet is bad enough but then u loose your card I would cry....

I always go with the rule of keeping everything in the truck cept my id's and car paperwork. Outa site outa mind. If they ask you to step out of the car, say sure and roll up your windows, take the keys, and lock the door on your way out. They can't open your trunk or car door less you let them. And never smoke and drive!! I would like to know how getting pulled over gets you a possesion charge. Whats the rest of the story?

Archived