Feed Prior To Harvest?

Guest d00g

hi all

Harvest question:

I'm about 1+ wk from harvest.

Last week I flushed the plants. I'm unsure if I should feed them again so close to due date, the plants have yellowed a bit and resin production seems to have slowed down.

been using humbolt "grow-flower-duece"...

much thx

I feed right up until the a couple days prior to harvest.

I grow in soil, but I flush differently.

When the plant is ready to harvest, I cut around the the plant, into the soil (keeping a small root ball) Rinse off the roots and set the plant is a bucket of fresh water with an air stone in it. I do this for 36 hours, switching out the water every 12 hours.

I feed right up until the a couple days prior to harvest.

I grow in soil, but I flush differently.

When the plant is ready to harvest, I cut around the the plant, into the soil (keeping a small root ball) Rinse off the roots and set the plant is a bucket of fresh water with an air stone in it. I do this for 36 hours, switching out the water every 12 hours.

Do you keep the same light schedule during the 36 hrs - someone suggested putting them in full dark for a couple of days....your thoughts?

Personally nothing but water for the last two weeks in flower. I grow in soil not sure how you are growing.

Actually it doesn't matter what grow medium one is using. The idea behind flushing the plants is to rid the material of the nutrients. Adding more now will only defeat your purpose. Unflushed material won't usually stay lit, has a caustic flavor and snaps and pops when it does stay lit. This is all caused by the nutrients that remain in the material. If you have a problem keeping your 'j's lit, or if the ash is black, flush for a longer period...Peace...j.b.

Archived