** THE OFFICIAL DETROIT TIGERS 2011 THREAD**

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BG, if you come over here for the weekend, I would sure love to host you and / or Mrs. BG or friends or whatever for a cookout or something. Probably you will be too busy but I am offering to host your group for a meal while visiting "the D".

Either way, "Go Get "Em, Tigers!"

I didn't know you were in the D I thought you lived way up north for some reason.

I am just north of 16 mile rd (8 mile is the north border of Detroit) 1 mile from I-75, so easy to get to from downtown. Might be a nice side trip for your wife's shopping, the Somerset Collection in Troy is way too upscale for me, but it is here for serious shoppers.

1967Tigers.jpg

Meh, when they moved it and smashed Tigers Stadium I felt lost :lol: I goto slows every tigers game now, better food, better beer ;)

you got my # :dodgyrun: :dodgyrun:

I am just north of 16 mile rd (8 mile is the north border of Detroit) 1 mile from I-75, so easy to get to from downtown. Might be a nice side trip for your wife's shopping, the Somerset Collection in Troy is way too upscale for me, but it is here for serious shoppers.

uh oh ..... im gonna have to keep her away from this post :)

actually, i spent some time in troy about a decade or so for some various things. very nice area.

great game yesterday.

goosebump and a teary eyed moment as they recognized sparky with a flag raising.

little chilly ..... but a great opening day anyways.

im out in center field today ..... weather forecasted to be the same ....... and now i see mid 70's tomorrow :)

might have to stay an extra day and pick up the fair weather sunday game.

• 4 weeks later...

heck, i have a program from the early 60's, bill freeha, norm cash, rocky colavito, gates brown, don wert, don mossi. i wasn't a tiger fan, but a rocky colavito fan.followed him thru detroit to k.c. and back to cleveland then to the white sox and finally the n.y. yankees . he had absolutely one of the best arms you will ever see. at the end with the yankees he pitched in relief and struck out kaline. i was at an indians game when sam mcdowell struck out kaline 3x causing kaline to slam his bat into the bat rack breaking his hand and missing the all star game.

in the mid 60's, the indians traded tommy john, tommy agee, and john romano to get colavito back, but he was just about done then

The Tigers have given me so many entertaining moments and 2 World Series Championships. Yeah Baby!

Al Kaline Wille Horton Mickey Stanley Norm Cash Dick McAuliffe Don Werts Denny Mclain Miceky Lolich Jake Wood Earl Wilson

Gates Brown Mayo Smith and then Alan Trammell Lou Whitacker Dave Bergmen Kirk Gibson Jack Morris Sparky Anderson and now we have Jim Leyland at the Helm. Ohh is it nice to be a Tiger Fan :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Archived