** THE OFFICIAL DETROIT TIGERS 2011 THREAD**

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THAT is the best suggestion i have seen on this site............ ever.

Thanks. I think it would go over well, other than the medicating part of course, lol.

It's a really sweet ballpark. It ain't the old Tiger Stadium, but I think it can hold it's own as far as fields go, and yes Rev...Mags is a great player as well as a standup human being.

Thanks. I think it would go over well, other than the medicating part of course, lol.

It's a really sweet ballpark. It ain't the old Tiger Stadium, but I think it can hold it's own as far as fields go, and yes Rev...Mags is a great player as well as a standup human being.

i see in our future a medication section next year.

I was more a basketball person. I slept thought a many of baseball games on Trumbull, but I enjoyed the Loins games. Remember the Fireman Field Days?

I do not presume to know your age, Ms Chocolate, but have you heard about the double header NBA BASKETBALL games they used to play at COBO? Used to be 4 teams, 1 being the Pistons, playing the 2 games. Lots of (Pistons) Dave Bing, Bob Lanier, (Bucks)Lou Alcindor (I believe he hadn't changed his name quite yet), Oscar Robertson, (Bulls) Bob Love, Nate Thurmond,Jerry Sloan, Chet Walker, and I don't remember who the 4th team was. Any of this something you remember from Detroit sports history?

Sorry for the basketball post in a Tigers thread. Moved to Detroit the summer of '68. Lots of good Tiger memories, double headers down at the ole ballpark.

Hey, remember the troughs? What fun it was, seeing all these guys lined up peeing in a large urinal. Those were the days...

Actually, I do have very fond memories of the TIGERS. Thanks for reminding me, BG!

• 6 months later...

IT'S BASEBALL TIME!!

i was at the cleveland clinic about 10 days ago and our journey took us right downtown...... to the corner w/ the gates to progressive field. i plead with the wife to let me get out and urinate on the sidewalk while she photographed me ...... but like most wives..... she failed to find the humor in it.

===============================================

ok, we lost the first 2 games of the season to the bum yanks but we stole one last night to avoid the sweep and put a mark in the win column for the first time this year.

thanks for the TWO shots miggy :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

might as well make this the official thread for the season now.

i can talk baseball ALL DAY!

ANYONE GOING OUT TO OPENING DAY FRIDAY to watch scherzer mow down the royals??

i'll be there friday and trying to make plans to stay for the whole 3-game set.

ComericaPark.jpg

I'll be there saturday! :dodgyrun:

im working on it right this second :)

===========================================

i know its a bit late to be considering this.......... but i might be purchasing 2 half season tix today. if i do, i'll certainly have tickets to peddle throughout the season as i know i wont make it to all 41 games..... or even if i do, i KNOW that mrs. bg wont make anywhere near 41 games this summer. so thats a possible plan.

===========================================

also, its been thrown around with all sports, and only a few here and there showed interest, but i think with the tigers we can pull this off.

we need 50 people to attend a game this summer.

we will have a small discount on ticket prices.......... as well as being seated together we will also have the MMMA organization recognized on the scoreboard.

depending on when and who we are playing, we could really end up with great seats or even a party box.

im in contact with a tiger rep about the 1/2 season tix right now so if we want to give this 50 person min/group outing a shot i will throw down the $100 for a deposit to get the ball rolling????

im thinking maybe a late summer game?? so the weather will be nicer and for those of you who have kids, they will be out of school. also.... we will all have time to plan.... and the further away the game, the better seats we can get together.

maybe one of these games??

Sat, Jul 30

4:10 PM

Sun, Jul 31

1:05 PM

any ideas? thoughts? suggestions?

more importantly ..... anyone want to make a commitment to go??

I'll be there Friday in my ROYAL blue and white! Sorry guys gotta represent and you have to admit the royals tend to give the tigers a run for their money.

oh good lord. it wont be too hard for me to find you then huh?? :)

and yes..... i will admit ....... we do tend to let our guard down when playing basement teams like the royals and it comes back to bite us every fuggin time :)

========================

on a side note ..... when i was at the cleveland clinic i had to have a quick x-ray done. if you have never been to the cleveland clinic .... they have their own police force, zip code, and a slew of gourmet restaurants ...... this place is the size of a small city for real.

but ............ i needed to have an x-ray done real quick so my neurologist's secretary gets on the phone and starts calling around ..... no problem, there must be 1,000 x-ray machines on the compound .... so i fly down 3 flights across 2 skybriges to have it done ..... run in ..........................

ok .... time-out ..... i was in cleveland .... im RARELY in cleveland for anything so you KNOW i had the tigers hat and t-shirt on .... this was like 6 days before opening day ....... now back to the story :)

.......... so i fly into the actual x-ray room, check in and they move me right to the front of the line..... come right on back sir ....... i get into the room and and the tech is wearing cleveland indian scrubs. he knows that im in a hurry, they rushed me through and he starts with a carnival of motions and within 2 minutes i had like 4 pictures taken...... i was happy, he was happy..... so i had to make a comment....

"well, im glad to see there is something good in this city because god knows you lost lebron and the indians suck"

he looks up to my hat, down to my shirt, and then looks me in the eye and says...........

"just for that, im gonna pray the royals win the division because god also knows the indians aint gonna do it"

i about fell out. :)

Nice Thread.

I was never a die hard tigers fan, i was just a fan.

Saw them in early 90's and got alan trammels signature.

I was born in 84' so my mom took all the clippings out of the paper when they won the world series and put them in a photo album and i still have them. :D

Count me in for the Tigers game...I am a die hard Tigers fan and have been my whole life. Unfortunatly I live on the other side of the state or I would have atleast partial season tickets. I still try to make it to atleast half a dozen games each season. My girl HATES it when baseball season comes around because she knows we wont be watching anything else on TV or listening to anything else on the radio while they are playing.

The best game that I got to see in person was on June 12 2007. JV No Hitter against the Brewers. The energy at COPA that night was AMAZING! Good Times!

I will be at Comerica on Fri and Sat. Hopefully we will have good weather, and not too many annoying amateur drinkers on opening day : )

Count me in + 3 or 4 friends if there is a MMMJ event at the ballgame. Scoring a suite would be ideal, but I'm definately not above chilling in the cheap seats either.

Royals without Greinke this year so I'm expecting a sweep this weekend!

IT'S OPENING DAY!!!!

Count me in for the Tigers game...I am a die hard Tigers fan and have been my whole life. Unfortunatly I live on the other side of the state or I would have atleast partial season tickets. I still try to make it to atleast half a dozen games each season. My girl HATES it when baseball season comes around because she knows we wont be watching anything else on TV or listening to anything else on the radio while they are playing.

The best game that I got to see in person was on June 12 2007. JV No Hitter against the Brewers. The energy at COPA that night was AMAZING! Good Times!

I REMEMBER THAT GAME WELL!!

i was in cali ..... 2 thousand miles away ..... but i rememeber sitting there and saying over and over again ....."he did it .... i cant believe it .... he did it ..... he did it..... i cant believe it.... he really did it"

I will be at Comerica on Fri and Sat. Hopefully we will have good weather, and not too many annoying amateur drinkers on opening day : )

Count me in + 3 or 4 friends if there is a MMMJ event at the ballgame. Scoring a suite would be ideal, but I'm definately not above chilling in the cheap seats either.

Royals without Greinke this year so I'm expecting a sweep this weekend!

IT'S HERE :)

im in section 117 this afternoon and 150 tomorrow. no tix for sundays game but i dont see it being a serious problem if we do decide to stay the extra day. im thinking i might skip sunday and head back for mondays game to see verlander against the rangers :)

im at the elwood before every game. :sword:

BG, if you come over here for the weekend, I would sure love to host you and / or Mrs. BG or friends or whatever for a cookout or something. Probably you will be too busy but I am offering to host your group for a meal while visiting "the D".

Either way, "Go Get "Em, Tigers!"

BG, if you come over here for the weekend, I would sure love to host you and / or Mrs. BG or friends or whatever for a cookout or something. Probably you will be too busy but I am offering to host your group for a meal while visiting "the D".

Either way, "Go Get "Em, Tigers!"

thats a definite possibility bish.

mrs. bg wants to do some shopping while we are there (of course) but other than that.... who knows :)

Archived