Michigan State Police Bust Driver On I-94

PAW PAW -- Four hundred pounds of marijuana with an estimated street value of about $500,000 was seized by Michigan State Police troopers Thursday during what began as a traffic stop along Interstate 94. Officials say troopers from the Paw Paw post were patrolling I-94 near County Road 652 in Van Buren County's Antwerp Township at about 2:15 p.m. Thursday when they pulled over a mini-van driven by a Chicago-area man for careless driving.

During the stop, troopers said they investigated the vehicle and the driver, finding more than 400 pounds of marijuana wrapped in large parcels, a news release said.

According to state police, the 28-year-old man was en route to Detroit, where police believe he was to deliver the marijuana cargo for street sales.

The man, whose name was not released pending his arraignment, was lodged in the Van Buren County Jail.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/09/michigan_state_police_bust_dri.html

Wow! like i said in previous posts, most peeps that get popped get popped for something else! ( i dont believe any one should get arrested for marijuana period!) if this person was a c.g he is not going to be able to justify the amount he was carrying! I hope they can use our a.d defense!

I know as much as the next guy that we are going to have overages, we just need to be creative and not travel with more than we legaly can! or posses more than allowed by law!

Im not a goody goody, but i do realize from my past mm leo experiences that if i dont have more than what im supposed to, I get it dropped!

be descrete!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Wow! like i said in previous posts, most peeps that get popped get popped for something else! ( i dont believe any one should get arrested for marijuana period!) if this person was a c.g he is not going to be able to justify the amount he was carrying! I hope they can use our a.d defense!

I know as much as the next guy that we are going to have overages, we just need to be creative and not travel with more than we legaly can! or posses more than allowed by law!

Im not a goody goody, but i do realize from my past mm leo experiences that if i dont have more than what im supposed to, I get it dropped!

be descrete!

Peace

FTW

Jim

AD isnt going to help 400 lbs IMHO

Archived