Grow Room Fire Extinguisher

Kingdiamond

Lately ive been like a hovering parent to my growrooms needs i live in constant fear of a fire happening while im out shopping recently my brother purchased one of the auto extinguishers from a grow store and mounted it in his bloom box .

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLAME-DEFENDER-6-KG-AUTO-FIRE-EXTINGUISHERS-GROW-ROOMS-/360252999731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e0c08833

Im going to head to this shop on monday and get this model im hoping i can feel a little more relaxed while on the road. :mellow:

Great Idea KD. Surely you have Smoke Detectors? Wired in or on Batteries? The Wired kind can be Daisy Chained together for Multiple Levels/ Rooms etc. Of course they wont help much if you're not there. Unless you had it on a dialer to xall the FD, Yurself etc....

ps. The Ghoul Rules !

Vote VB for MichGov and Leyton for MichAG, all the way!

What concerns you the most about burning down your house??

How long have you been alive? How many house fires have you been through?

Were any of them electrical related?

You see, most things have a UL rating for a reason, it's a standard.. If your electrical is sound, you should have VERY little to worry about...

If it's all JANKY, well, good reason to worry...

If your light is inside of a hood, it's tempered glass, very little chance of it burning or even breaking under a lamp explosion.. (and how often does that happen?)

Seriously, I know you are freaked out, but sit down and consider your paths of failure in the system.. do you have janky connections ANYWHERE? Is your gear cobbled together, worn, missing parts?

I know an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but there ARE things you can do, before you buy fire suppression...

Personally, I'm more worried about leaving the toaster oven plugged in.. I used to make photocopies (first job thing, long ago) and from the copies and from talking to people, toaster and toaster ovens, cause more fires than most anything else out there..

Lately ive been like a hovering parent to my growrooms needs i live in constant fear of a fire happening while im out shopping recently my brother purchased one of the auto extinguishers from a grow store and mounted it in his bloom box .

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53e0c08833

Im going to head to this shop on monday and get this model im hoping i can feel a little more relaxed while on the road. :mellow:

+rep. these are awesome.

yes, they will give you a slight piece of mind...... especially if you have pets that are around when you are not.

believe that even with a few of these hung, i still fear seeing my road filled with fire trucks every time i return home. like you, i seldom leave.

first, there's just too much work to do in the grow rooms :)

second, there are thieves and riff-raff out there

third and most scary is a fire.

i know that sublime was just trying to make you feel more secure about things, but believe me, i share your fears.

all my wiring is factory. i do not splice ballast/lamp wires or anything like that............ doesn't matter. a dude in a factory can make a bad connection just as easily as i can. my dad works at general motors, but he isn't a mechanic. not all people working in a lamp assembly plant are electricians either. they are hourly wage "monkeys" (i mean that nicely) that do repetitive work all day every day...... much like an auto assembly line.

house fires happen every minute of every day in homes that ARE NOT cultivating plants. there are enough appliances in your home to worry about as it is. start adding thousands of watts?? wow.

parts wear out. things happen. a line could slip off a pump, a light could fall from the ceiling, the possibilities are endless...... and the responsibility of have medicine for another person(people) in my hands is enough for me to take all the precautions in the world. .....................you just never know.

depending on your equipment, a one-time $100 investment may cover your azz for $5,000 or more with ease. too bad car insurance companies couldnt do that :)

I must say, I agree 100% with BG, I was try trying to make you feel better..

But again, if things are done right, the fail factor goes down.. all I'm saying..

A few things that can be done, proper connections, electric OVER water, not water over electric...ect..

That being said, as soon as I can afford it, I'll be adding fire suppression..

A lot of things can happen while your out fan failure ballast failure everythings on breakers and power surge protectors but what if a mouse comes in and chews through wiring ? :thumbsd:

$99 for peace of mind that my pets are safe is worth a hundred times more to me . :thumbsu:

Archived