Legal Without A Card

Hey ya'all, I've got a quick question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, I got got my doctors certification last week and sent my application into the state the same day. At the clinic they told me to wait three weeks and if I hadn't heard anything by then that i would be legal. Well it's been one week to the day today, but I checked with western union and found out that my money order to the state has already been cashed. So, if they have cashed my money order I can consider myself legal right?

You become a qualifying patient as soon as your doctor makes the recommendation; that gives you the protections under section 8 (affirmative defense). 20 days from the day your application is received by MDCH, you are considered to be a registered patient, and copies of your paperwork are considered your card, as long as you haven't been denied; this gives you the protections under section 4.

Hope that helps...

your good b/c they wouldn't cash the check if you were denied and they only deny for people that fill it out wrong or don't send the proper amount. relax n get started...

i believe this to be a false statement. they cash ALL checks right away...... and then sort out the paperwork.

they cannot be liable for having 10's of thousands of checks laying around for days/weeks/months while they do background checks, dr. checks.... blah blah blah.

do not listen to this info, it is false.

they WILL cash your check, regardless.

I'm almost positive that they DO cash your check regardless. Unless anyone would like to tell that they got a refund back from the state. I believe you should receive a letter within 15 days if you are DENIED. If not 21 days from the time you sent your application is the safest bet in my opinion

You become a qualifying patient as soon as your doctor makes the recommendation; that gives you the protections under section 8 (affirmative defense). 20 days from the day your application is received by MDCH, you are considered to be a registered patient, and copies of your paperwork are considered your card, as long as you haven't been denied; this gives you the protections under section 4.

Hope that helps...

Archived