Another Caregiver Raided, Charlevoix Countyy

$100.000 crop ?

No way 32 plants amounts to anywhere near that but i hope he sues for 10 times that in civil court. :thumbsu:

Hehe, at dispensary prices and or using LEO math, why wouldn't the value be that high :P

Isn't each plant worth $3200 when they report the results of their flyover seek and destroy missions? I hope he is able to sue for that amount plus damages. I hope his lawyer when asked how they arrived that the amount pulls out a list of news articles with these various LEO departments stating the value of plants...

LEO has to show an increase in their 'bust' statistics IF they want to 'increase' or maintain the amounts of money they receive from the Federal government for these 'special' Drug War operations units.

If they are NOT showing 'results' there becomes no 'need' for the 'special enforcement unit'.

Money gets cut... lay offs happen ... the 'department' doesn't get the new 'enforcement' money and 'tools' they rely upon for 'bonus' and pay increases.

It is 'money' and 'politics'.

Expect these kinds of raids to continue and 'increase'.

When LEO can't say the people they are busting are 'out and out' criminals, due to the MMJ law, they will create 'minor' infractions of the law and STILL do the busts, and when the report is done it will turn into a more 'serious' criminal drug related act so that it can be used to fill up the departments 'drug bust' sheet that will then be turned into the 'Federal' agencies that 'pay them' for enforcing the 'law'.

Again... it's 'money' and 'politics'.

JUST TWO WEEKS TO ELECTION DAY. GOING TO VOTE? Can't think of a better reason to.

• 2 weeks later...

Could the outside factor and the preparation for a civil suit result in the amount? My friend just yielded 4.4 lbs off 15 plants indoors so..

Anyway I'm back! Bastages at the state put me in jail cuz I can't pay child support! Because they stole my income! After they licensed me to earn it! Um...could I get some more big government with little ideas out of my life PLEASE !! Lol still above water Leo !

Well my civil suit is 350000 anyway. - had 48 plants, a perpetual grow, and as a result of the unsigned warrant, all the officers are being sued ind. For 50000 at 6 cops for breaking and entering. And let's not evenb talk about what Jenny wants..lol. gentlemen need to pay. Or we all will. And our kids.

Well my civil suit is 350000 anyway. - had 48 plants, a perpetual grow, and as a result of the unsigned warrant, all the officers are being sued ind. For 50000 at 6 cops for breaking and entering. And let's not even talk about what Jenny wants..lol. gentlemen need to pay. Or we all will. And our kids.

Well my civil suit is 350000 anyway. - had 48 plants, a perpetual grow, and as a result of the unsigned warrant, all the officers are being sued ind. For 50000 at 6 cops for breaking and entering. And let's not even talk about what Jenny wants..lol. gentlemen need to pay. Or we all will. And our kids.

i need your Lawyer to talk to are Lawyer we could use some $$$$$$$

Could the outside factor and the preparation for a civil suit result in the amount? My friend just yielded 4.4 lbs off 15 plants indoors so..

Anyway I'm back! Bastages at the state put me in jail cuz I can't pay child support! Because they stole my income! After they licensed me to earn it! Um...could I get some more big government with little ideas out of my life PLEASE !! Lol still above water Leo !

ROTF

WB !!

and be careful what you ask for cause.....them fookers could call on murphy....

lol.gif

If there was ever an abuse of authority and common sense it sounds like this should be the poster child for training for LEOs. I doubt that the new prosecutors all these county's hire bother to go to such training though.

The $$$$ in damages should be much more when you consider the time out of grow etc. Punitive damages would be a great thing to see. THATS what prevents such rediculous actions in the future.

Of course, this statement could all be null and void if Shuette ends up being the state AG and they can this whole program.

My point exactly. Just as importantly, if not more is the cost of ruining my perpetual grow. That's real bummer... They stole 10 grand in immediate cash, but another 50 in lost income for me.. What about my patients I supply free meds too. They've been hurt emotionally, financially, personally... And now their qualifying condition is about to be questioned? I say the next time one bullet gets a "hint" of a grow operation he better do more research. And the cops with him better all see that warrant signed..

I strongly feel that the lead Leo knew darn well that warrant wasn't signed, and therefore convinced 4 separate departments to commit a B and E for their own personal agenda.

That's just wrong Leo, and my kids baby momma is PISSED... Hehe

Exactly! Obviously our legal system is not perfect, but at some point in the whole process somebody has to look at it with common sense and interpret it based on previous case law. I don't see any specific previous case laws cited here, but jeez...look at all the headlines we have seen in the past 30 years in the local headlines of cases having been thrown out of court based on illegal searches.

But with that being said, your intent to comply to the letter with the law was obvious and was accomplished. So a hole in a piece of plastic that is surrounded by a SEPARATE ADDITIONAL fence puts you in violation of the statute on growing MMJ?

If you really stretched it you could find a violation of the MMJ act here for the minor hole in the plastic. But is such a violation of the act a felony in its own right that throws a citizen into a felony catagory that treats him as if he had never attempted to comply with the law in the first place?

Where does the state get the authority to charge a person with every violation of state law that exists in a grow operation when they only had a minor (and questionable) violation of the security of the operation due to external and uncontrollable circumstances? Especially when the primary fencing of the locked facility that was not even required was totally intact and probably met the legal requirements on its own anyway?

No jury in its right mind could find you guilty (although I am not familar with the mindset of the locals in your area...you might have to go to the court of appeals based on where you live) for a criminal charge in this matter. "Intent" to violate the law is an important part of a criminal charge, and its pretty obvious here that you had gone well out of your way to ensure you did not violate any state or local law. Thats a full 180 degrees from having an "intent" to violate the law. Make sure you get a good attorney for both your criminal trial and your civil suit, because after the criminal charge gets thrown out of court its open season on your local jurisdiction for damages. You might not be able to get punative damages from them if you cannot prove their intention to violate the law and violate your rights, but you can certainly get monetary damages from them based on losing your grow etc. However...be sure to anticipate their questions of whether or not you were claiming the income from the operation and claiming it on your income taxes.

Seems to me that if it was your first grow they would not be able to come after you for past income from it. If you can substantiate that your costs were more than you brought in the point of unreported income would be moot.

Archived