Oakland County Raid Yesterday

On WRIF this morning I caught a short blurb about a raid in which Oakland County LEO shot and killed a one year old lab puppy. Anyone have any info on this?

I haven't found or heard anything in the news about this happening here in Michigan. The guest on WRIF was the owner of the Cafe in Waterford that was raided and they were discussing the MMMA when he mentioned the shooting. Mod can terminate this thread at any time its OK with me.

David1946 10/20/10 6:44pm

speechless.

now i really fear for the lives of my dogs considering rather than knocking on your door and having a conversation like ADULTS - the police would rather just break in your house, guns blazing, kill your dogs, then ask questions later.

this "legal" medical marijuana in michigan is fast becoming a joke.

the prospect of getting raided and guaranteed getting your beloved pets killed is just about enough to make me want to stop doing this.

On WRIF this morning I caught a short blurb about a raid in which Oakland County LEO shot and killed a one year old lab puppy. Anyone have any info on this?

A lab generally grows until about 2 years but a 1 year old lab isn't a puppy in the puppy sense of the word. They are at about full adult weight and still capable of attack if trained in that manner.

However, if it was minding its own business some cop needs to be disciplined. It's bad enough to shoot a pet but don't ignore the danger of shooting anything in a populated area. If you are a true gun enthusiast then you know the old mantra, "know your target and what's beyond."

A lab generally grows until about 2 years but a 1 year old lab isn't a puppy in the puppy sense of the word. They are at about full adult weight and still capable of attack if trained in that manner.

However, if it was minding its own business some cop needs to be disciplined. It's bad enough to shoot a pet but don't ignore the danger of shooting anything in a populated area. If you are a true gun enthusiast then you know the old mantra, "know your target and what's beyond."

the prospect of getting raided and guaranteed getting your beloved pets killed is just about enough to make me want to stop doing this.

I believe that's the whole point to it( raids, expensive legal actions, ect.)... That even if the medicinal use of cannabis is legal, (that) actually doing so puts the patient in an untenable position. The best way to effect an attitude change is via the ballot box! Throw the bums out!

humm I've owned Labrador retriever's my entire life, aint seen a one that's capable of attack,maybe lick you attack or bark at you,but that's about it.

dutch will laugh...definition of a jack booted thug=

Jack booted is a derogatory term used to describe an overly oppressive and authoritarian individual or group, often denotes violent tendencies. Thugs, thus described, are those in the service of an oppressive authoritarian, usually employing violence to achieve his/her/their master's goals.

Jack booted thugs stormed in, broke my furniture, kicked my dog, and took my still.

ok on with planet green trees radio!!!!!! :jipo:

Paramilitary law enforcement personnel are trained and required to follow very specific departmental policies regarding any animal they "perceive" to be a threat. Perception is not objective, it is subjective, meaning you and only you can ever make that judgement. If you perceive the 10 ounce tea cup chihuaha to be a threat, it is, period. No mitigation.

However else could these paramilitary law enforcement engage in live, select fire exercises in American homes? Hopefully instilling respect through fear in parents and children alike. Now do you understand why they wear masks?

Had to be a talk about the news story that Oakland County (California) will be taking classes on dog behavior and alternatives to killing family pets, after their recent string of shooting dogs and puppies..

I also heard this when i was leaving henry ford hospital downtown the owner of the cafe said that a raid occured yesterday and oakland county leos killed the guys dog during the course of the raid.

I also heard this when i was leaving henry ford hospital downtown the owner of the cafe said that a raid occured yesterday and oakland county leos killed the guys dog during the course of the raid.

I have been looking for coverage of it, and have yet to find anything... if anybody finds a link to the story, please share.

What i heard came from the wrifs Drew and Mike show after the interview they were playing a song that sounded like it was from the 30s marijuana marijuana marijuana was all they were singning i found that kind of insulting it felt like they wanted to prank him during this interview like they always do but once he started to tell the story about the raid on everybodys cafe they got real serious and agreed that law enforcement should back off of legal patients.

You tube is full of videos about these sadistic SOBs killing people's dogs.

It is absolutely unreasonable and inexcusable to shoot a family pet. The men that break down people's doors and conduct drug raids are normally dressed in all kinds of protective gear and they are strong able bodied men capable of defending themselves against a dog. Plus, they have rifles that could be used to hit the dog. A rifle butt to the head is going to put just about any dog out of commission. They don't need to shoot it.

No, they shoot the dogs because they are sick, twisted SOBs that get off on causing pain and suffering. Who else would want a job that entails smashing in people's doors to bust them and ruin their lives because they have two pot plants growing in a broom closet? Only a would be war criminal would take such a job.

You know this reminds me of an old story.

During WWII in a concentration camp a Rabbi called for a prayer session and opened by suggesting that everyone prise God and offer him thanks. Upon hearing this a younger man spoke up and asked the Rabbi what they possibly had to be thankful for. The Rabbi replied, "we should thank him for not making us like them."

• 2 weeks later...

You tube is full of videos about these sadistic SOBs killing people's dogs.

It is absolutely unreasonable and inexcusable to shoot a family pet. The men that break down people's doors and conduct drug raids are normally dressed in all kinds of protective gear and they are strong able bodied men capable of defending themselves against a dog. Plus, they have rifles that could be used to hit the dog. A rifle butt to the head is going to put just about any dog out of commission. They don't need to shoot it.

No, they shoot the dogs because they are sick, twisted SOBs that get off on causing pain and suffering. Who else would want a job that entails smashing in people's doors to bust them and ruin their lives because they have two pot plants growing in a broom closet? Only a would be war criminal would take such a job.

You know this reminds me of an old story.

During WWII in a concentration camp a Rabbi called for a prayer session and opened by suggesting that everyone praise God and offer him thanks. Upon hearing this a younger man spoke up and asked the Rabbi what they possibly had to be thankful for. The Rabbi replied, "we should thank him for not making us like them."

Amen my brother. This is so true. I would add that many cops, probably most cops are upstanding people. However, many cops go to cop school because they are bullies. Imagine the cop school bullies that the special ops paramilitary warrior school attracts. Shooting puppies really steams me. :growl: :growl: :growl:

Archived