If You Failed To Vote

there is no technical reason why voting has to be just one day. I say a voting long weekend where Friday is a paid day off and the polls are open for the full three days.

Just one technical reason why not... it is already hard enough to guarantee the safety and security of the ballot boxes over a single day.

I do however agree with you about needing to make it easier and more accessible, and a 2 or 3 day window for getting to the polls would probably accomplish that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, are we opening up the floor to additional ideas on voting?  Cool!  Here's a few:

• Allow votes against candidates in addition to votes for candidates.
  • Tell Me More:  computers in the polling booth that objectively summarize incumbents' voting history, searchable so I can see how a candidate has voted on my key issues.
  • Realize that government affects everybody, including those who don't or can't vote.  Your responsibility for taming your government does not begin and end with a trip to the polls to vote a straight party ticket.

Did you voter for NAFTA? Want a job?

Soldiers have fought and died forever, unfortunatley not many of them had a clue where they made their first mistake or their last!

and most likely the thing they envisioned and gave their all for was an ideal. May god watch over their brave souls.

Fortunatley for you Dutch thats not the price you paid there the other day.

But maybe if we try, with a little help from you and maybe some others with the same vision we might try to make that ideal a little more Real!

Peace

Archived