If You Failed To Vote

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey d&d

some people dont vote and have lost family members fathers and friends to wars and they dont vote because they dont see there votes helping... so slamming anyone like this is not right or the way to get them out to vote ... beside most who ask and dont know how to vote are wanting to help but if they vote wrong then they wasted it and feel like it was a waste of there time... if you want more to get out to vote then you should tell them why you vote and who you are voting for then maybe they might vote the same way but saying something and it being negative is just wrong... you know thats what makes this a great country is you can say anything you want its your right and so can anyone else... but i do believe as long as we keep hating and say negative things about other humans were the ones who have lost... we have to show others so they understand and bad mouthing just shows nothing but hate... sorry for my rant but i dont like this 4 letter word hate its worst than f#ck... it so wrong...

maybe when the next election comes around when someone ask who to vote for there might be a better list of who and why... even then it may not help...

abbe

I will start by saying this...

Until 2008 when our law was up for vote, I never once voted. Why, because the things I wanted to vote for were not an option, and my not voting was saying more than voting IMO.

Voting does not give you the right to dog out the non voters, or look down on them. Just as you "chose" to go vote, they "chose" not to. Great part of being a "free" country huh.

The one thing voting DOES give you, is the right to complain about the results.

Bottom line, those of us who did vote, are the only ones who have a right to complain about the results.

If you did not vote, DO NOT BIATCH about what is happening - you did not earn that biatchin right this year.

hey d&d

some people dont vote and have lost family members fathers and friends to wars and they dont vote because they dont see there votes helping... so slamming anyone like this is not right or the way to get them out to vote ... beside most who ask and dont know how to vote are wanting to help but if they vote wrong then they wasted it and feel like it was a waste of there time... if you want more to get out to vote then you should tell them why you vote and who you are voting for then maybe they might vote the same way but saying something and it being negative is just wrong... you know thats what makes this a great country is you can say anything you want its your right and so can anyone else... but i do believe as long as we keep hating and say negative things about other humans were the ones who have lost... we have to show others so they understand and bad mouthing just shows nothing but hate... sorry for my rant but i dont like this 4 letter word hate its worst than f#ck... it so wrong...

maybe when the next election comes around when someone ask who to vote for there might be a better list of who and why... even then it may not help...

abbe

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob::thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I'm sick and TIRED of people guilting me into who to vote for and what'll happen if I don't. "Don't vote for so-and-so, it'll throw the vote to the enemy!" Meanwhhile, good people who just wanna vote their conscience, don't vote for the one who they truly believe in their heart would serve them best, or they don't vote at all. THANK YOU AGAIN for your words.

I VOTED IN FEAR, NOT MY CONSCIENCE. THAT WILL NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

Sb

hey d&d

abbe

Copouts all

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob::thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I'm sick and TIRED of people guilting me into who to vote for and what'll happen if I don't. "Don't vote for so-and-so, it'll throw the vote to the enemy!" Meanwhhile, good people who just wanna vote their conscience, don't vote for the one who they truly believe in their heart would serve them best, or they don't vote at all. THANK YOU AGAIN for your words.

I VOTED IN FEAR, NOT MY CONSCIENCE. THAT WILL NEVER EVER EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!

Sb

Imagine if everyone did a write in or a large majority of voters?

copout

I do alot of write ins

it does not invalidate ballot and it is a vote for none of the above

D&D, I don't care HOW MUCH oil you give away, I don't care how compassionate you claim to be, you just lost my respect. I expect that kind of talk from our opponents, go hide like a coward, because you know what you said is wrong, just like they are.

Thank you freakydawg and anyone else who realizes WHY people may CHOOSE NOT to vote. Midterm elections are notorious for low torunout anyway. Perhaps some the 63% of mm voters didn't know what a threat schutte is, or didn't believe he'd win. Oh well, live and learn, maybe they thought, "we're protected, we don't have to worry." It's natural to think that way, I couldn't totally hold that against them.

Sincerely, Sb

Yesterday all the Conscientious objectors to voting handed our opponents a huge victory

kiss the MMMA goodbye

within 2 years or less it will be gutted by 3/4 majority vote

It will start with propaganda then arrests for more test cases and then either bad law from a corrupt paid for judiciary or a proactive legislature acts first but the MMMA was killed last night by people sitting on their hands for the single most important act anyone can commit in socio-political discourse

I will be deleting my account so you can yell at me all you want

Soldiers fight for our freedom. Included in that freedom is the RIGHT to CHOOSE if we vote or not.

Many soldiers themselves do not vote as well

Exactly.

The nice thing is that we have the RIGHT to vote. We aren't FORCED to vote. Therefore we may exercise our right. THAT, my friend, is what our soldiers fought for...to give us the RIGHT and not to force upon us the DUTY.

Myanmar has its elections today. Guess what, it's citizens have the "right" to vote. Essentially they are forced to vote. Not only that but they are forced to vote for the military government.

Last I checked our soldiers died to give our country FREEDOMS. NOT to FORCE us to do anything. So check yourself dutch!

Yesterday all the Conscientious objectors to voting handed our opponents a huge victory

kiss the MMMA goodbye

It will start with propaganda then arrests for more test cases and then either bad law from a corrupt paid for judiciary or a proactive legislature acts first but the MMMA was killed last night by people sitting on their hands for the single most important act anyone can commit in socio-political discourse

1. Democrats still have a majority in the senate.

2. Republicans, as far as I know, do NOT have a supermajority in the house.

3. The sky is not falling.

kiss the MMMA goodbye

Why delete your account. Do you really care if some people don't agree with your opinion?? We all have a right to our opinion and to voice it, appropriately. I may or may not agree with what you said, but it dosen't matter, its your right to have that opinion!! If others don't like it, they will do as they are doing....voice their opposing opinion. I think everyone is on edge right now because of the way elections turned out. We, who voted, did our best, those of us that educated others, did our best.....Not sure what more some of us could have done. I, personally did indeed vote, offered others rides to vote, encouraged many that had not voted to vote, educated voters on factual information to help them decide whom to vote for, donated small amounts to campaigns I believed worthy, spent my time and energy standing up for what I felt was right.....I did so because I wanted to, not because I was forced or felt forced and I walk away knowing that I did what I could, win or lose. Are we going to have a tougher battle on our hands, sure we are, but if we "disband" now, our "side" only becomes weaker. No matter who voted or didn't, we are a group of people who want the right things for mmj and we need to stick together to help us achieve this. I think your contribution to the mmj community as an advocate and supporter are needed, despite opinions people may not agree with. Please think through your decision to delete your account and know not everyone lost respect for you for voicing your opinion. (BTW, whether I agree with your comment is irrelevant, but I have voted in every election possible since turning legal age to do so, but my husband only first exercised his right to vote...yesterday)

I know how it feels to express an opinion, only to be ganged up on by a bunch of people. it hurts so bad, I often am silent because it's happened too often. That opinion may not be popular, but I had a right to say it. I may lose respect for someone because of how they deliver their message. No one needs to be guited into doing or not doing something. That's my main objection to D&D's post. I was upset at someone else too for making us feel guilty for not voting. I didn't vote because someone made me feel bad, and I never will, I voted because I was asserting my right to choose. And if I choose NOT to vote, I won't, though I may still complain, because of the choices that were given me were unacceptable, but that is my right.

Sb

You're a cop-out. See how easy it is to say things that don't mean anything?

I understand you may be angry at the results but that is no reason to go harassing anybody.

You want people to vote, right? How many people did you personally register this year? How many voters did you offer a ride to the polls?

I wouldn't get into a car with you... Extremism can manifest itself many ways. I reject them all.

1. Democrats still have a majority in the senate.

2. Republicans, as far as I know, do NOT have a supermajority in the house.

3. The sky is not falling.

That is not true in Michigan. Republicans hold all branches of government. Which means they can steamroll any agenda they like. (That is how Bush ran up the deficit and took us into a war on lie about Iraq). You may feel the sky is not falling, but it was a sad day yesterday because people do or don't vote for the wrong reasons. We have a republican governor, atty general, house of representatives, senate and the 2 most conservative justices on our michigan supreme court.

That is not true in Michigan. Republicans hold all branches of government. Which means they can steamroll any agenda they like. (That is how Bush ran up the deficit and took us into a war on lie about Iraq). You may feel the sky is not falling, but it was a sad day yesterday because people do or don't vote for the wrong reasons. We have a republican governor, atty general, house of representatives, senate and the 2 most conservative justices on our michigan supreme court.

God help us! :startle:

It's natural to want to 'blame' someone or something when our hopes are not satisfied.

Luckily we get another chance come 2012.

Right now IMHO we need to focus on what we need to do next to help insure that we keep the rights we gained when we passed the MMM Act.

And things haven't really 'changed'... we're still in the same crap hole we were in when the 'elections' occurred.

I'm gonna try and stay positive myself, so that I might be better able to see how I can continue to help.

The 'vote' is what it is at this point... we need to move on from here.

And yes, I think we can look forward to some BS from Lansing. But that's not unusual either.

You're a cop-out. See how easy it is to say things that don't mean anything?

I understand you may be angry at the results but that is no reason to go harassing anybody.

You want people to vote, right? How many people did you personally register this year? How many voters did you offer a ride to the polls?

I wouldn't get into a car with you... Extremism can manifest itself many ways. I reject them all.

Greenk, good points.

Archived