How Do Caregivers Make Money?

Mary-Jane

How do caregivers make money if 1. There are dispensaries s where people can get it themselves. 2. The caregiver hasn't started growing or doesn't know how and has to buy from a dispensary as well and re-sell it? Not much profit right?

You make two bad assumptions that leads you to think caregivers don't make money:

-One: You assume people want to buy at dispensaries, which are basically still illegal and almost certainly over priced.

-Two: The caregiver does the growing because he/she "knows how". Most are growing already for themselves, friends or family.

The only thing you got right was your assumption that, "if the caregiver has to buy from a dispensary and re-sell, THEN they would not make any money." That is true and that is why it hardly ever happens.

i am a caregiver that doesnt really make money. 3 patients too. not taking anymore. its alot of pro bono work. but i enjoy what i do. cost of everything aside, i dont pay for meds and have a respectable topshelf supply for the foreseeable future. its not all about money for caregivers.

i am a caregiver that doesnt really make money. 3 patients too. not taking anymore. its alot of pro bono work. but i enjoy what i do. cost of everything aside, i dont pay for meds and have a respectable topshelf supply for the foreseeable future. its not all about money for caregivers.

hello to you and the jsburn TRUST FUND. Hope you are ready to spend a chunk of it if Leo picks you an example. You cannot always find the stellar representation you need in a court appointeed or (pro bono attorney) if a pb even takes your case. "the laborerer is worthy of his hire."

Zing!

I forget about them as soon as they're gone. She has started a few threads, but this is probably the most volatile subject she's hit on yet.

Why don't you put the joint down and have rational debate on the subjects instead of being childish and rude. If you all did that instead of mostly talking like a bunch of drug addict high schoolers maybe the movement could get somewhere.

Why don't you put the joint down and have rational debate on the subjects instead of being childish and rude. If you all did that instead of mostly talking like a bunch of drug addict high schoolers maybe the movement could get somewhere.

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

Weather cold in Romeo tonight?

LOL!

Mizerman

Being a cg is about Compassion. Since I've come here, I've read a lot of messages from cg's saying how expensive growing is. They really love what they do. Most are able to provide their services for free, or very low cost. And most of the MM community are using MM because IT WORKS, are NOT stoners, and have Genuine Compassion.

I remember when the health care profession was about compassion, now it's "business as usual, compassion depends on the size of your wallet, so if you can't pay, GET OUT." Some people in the MM community, when they start making money, their compassion gets tossed aside. I don't think this is the majority, just as, in the health care profession, there are still many who truly are compassionate, but they're forced not to show it, or must show it only slightly. Just like in other professions, people often lose sight of why they came there. As part of the natural health care community, we must never lose sight of why we're here. This is OUR LAW, and if we don't set a good example, we'll lose it.

Sb

Being a cg is about Compassion. Since I've come here, I've read a lot of messages from cg's saying how expensive growing is. They really love what they do. Most are able to provide their services for free, or very low cost. And most of the MM community are using MM because IT WORKS, are NOT stoners, and have Genuine Compassion.

I remember when the health care profession was about compassion, now it's "business as usual, compassion depends on the size of your wallet, so if you can't pay, GET OUT." Some people in the MM community, when they start making money, their compassion gets tossed aside. I don't think this is the majority, just as, in the health care profession, there are still many who truly are compassionate, but they're forced not to show it, or must show it only slightly. Just like in other professions, people often lose sight of why they came there. As part of the natural health care community, we must never lose sight of why we're here. This is OUR LAW, and if we don't set a good example, we'll lose it.

Sb

Bless you SilverBlue!

Mizerman

That's a nasty tone, especially for a sixth post here.  Come on in and defend yourself, but you left the thread alone for a while, and these sorts of things happen on the Internet.

There is an overall attitude suspicious of newcomers here.  It might be a little over-the-top sometimes, but this shouldn't be too much of a surprise.  We've seen newcomers who are here just to stir up trouble and foster division in our community.  A common factor with these types of users is starting many threads around volatile topics like this.  At first glance you fit that profile. Stick around, contribute, thicken up your skin, tell us who you are, and you'll be fine.

With that said, what sort of quality discussion do you expect if you ask how a caregiver can make money if they aren't growing?  Let's start a rational debate with a rational, sensible question.  I'm pretty sure your question here has been answered. 

u charge a lesser price for medicine you grow. say a oz is running 400 you charge 200 to cover the cost of lighting, hydo overhead cost is split between the patients and the caregiver get his medicine for free if he or she is a patient, but remember this is about caring for people if someone dont have alot of money compassion goes along way. I think people get into trouble when they think hey I can make alot of money doing this. Lets help people get their medicine at a low cost and save everybody money. Remember your a caregiver not a banker its about helping people not making money. Split the cost everybody wins. Peace Out

Sb

Thanks this is the kind of intelligent answer I was looking for. It didn't seem possible to make a decent profit when it appeared growing it indoors was expensive. Thanks for the reply.

That's a nasty tone, especially for a sixth post here.  Come on in and defend yourself, but you left the thread alone for a while, and these sorts of things happen on the Internet.

There is an overall attitude suspicious of newcomers here.  It might be a little over-the-top sometimes, but this shouldn't be too much of a surprise.  We've seen newcomers who are here just to stir up trouble and foster division in our community.  A common factor with these types of users is starting many threads around volatile topics like this.  At first glance you fit that profile. Stick around, contribute, thicken up your skin, tell us who you are, and you'll be fine.

With that said, what sort of quality discussion do you expect if you ask how a caregiver can make money if they aren't growing?  Let's start a rational debate with a rational, sensible question.  I'm pretty sure your question here has been answered. 

It was answered sensibly, recently. I came to learn, find out how and where to get certified and maybe become a caregiver possibly. Thanks for the reply.

Archived