Allergic To Certain Strains?

Hi everyone.

My caregiver presented me with a strain that he claims is Grandaddy Purp. I decided to sample it and after about 2 or 3 inhales, my nose started to get stuffy and my chest a little congested. He uses all organic nutrients as well. Now, I was at his house, in which i have never been before, so im not sure if it couldve been dust in the air or what not. He has no pets either. Is it possible that I am allergic to this particular strain? Possibly mold? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance! :bow:

There are several strains that I have had that experience with. Usually followed a short time later by my feet turning really cold. Odd. I believe it is an allergic reaction. The strain for me is white russian, that I grew and that was grown organically in soil with no mold. I grew another strain, grape kush, in the same soil and other conditions and it does not have that affect at all. Smooth sailing. If there will be a next time for smoking it try taking claritin right before smoking and see if it has any affect. Not that I would want to continue with something I was allergic to but that might give you a clearer understanding of what is going on.

Hi everyone.

My caregiver presented me with a strain that he claims is Grandaddy Purp. I decided to sample it and after about 2 or 3 inhales, my nose started to get stuffy and my chest a little congested. He uses all organic nutrients as well. Now, I was at his house, in which i have never been before, so im not sure if it couldve been dust in the air or what not. He has no pets either. Is it possible that I am allergic to this particular strain? Possibly mold? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone in advance! :bow:

Do you have any known allergies? If not then it's probably not a reaction to the strain.

If yes, then there is a possibility of a reaction to the strain.

I ran into a patient that had an allergy to pine. Any strain that would have a pinene would set her off.

Yes .. it is possible. Like anything else someone could have a allergy to cannabis. Most of these allergy reactions can be avoided by way of strain selection.

I don't have any known allergies. I have ran into this problem in the past from medicating. I dont remember the particular strain though. I guess i will sample the strain once more to see if I react the same way. I'm hoping it isnt mold.

Another possibility is a normal reaction to beta-carryophylene. (bce)

bce is the compound that gives black pepper it's taste and smell. If that strain has a high content of that compound, then you would probably respond to it as if you were hit with pepper spray.

Hi everyone.

If you end up not able to use that GDP I have some diff strains and could arrange a P2P with you GDP does wonders for my leg pain. Currently i have rock bud, og kush, cali girl, so-cal, and some green crack but that is a good pain one too.

Not to hijack this thread but, I had a very bad experience the other day

which I felt may or not be allergy related. This has never happened to

me ever.

I acquired what I was told to be Lemon Haze. I had never tried any

Haze strain so... It was lemony smelling an looked wonderful under

the microscope. The texture was rather fluffy/puffy and not real sticky

as I prepared it for use. My first draw burned my throat so badly and

sent me into a 10 min. coughing fit. After that I felt terrible in a way

I'm unable to effectively describe. This feeling lasted all day long.

It was very unpleasant to say the least.

There were no seeds.

I do have seasonal allergies which I'm scheduled to see an allergist about.

Could this be an allergy or more possible that they did not flush well

or not at all, maybe?

I would think its been treated by what you say, thats common on some street meds. one of the things they still will treat with is fumeldihyde.. no chit. and i once hd the experience of finding out just what that does. burns, cough like hell, get very high, followed by puking, and the effects last all day or night. very very bad.. that was in Kansas around 10 yrs ago. But it wouldn't surprise me if unscrupulous sellers still do it today.

I would think its been treated by what you say, thats common on some street meds. one of the things they still will treat with is fumeldihyde.. no chit. and i once hd the experience of finding out just what that does. burns, cough like hell, get very high, followed by puking, and the effects last all day or night. very very bad.. that was in Kansas around 10 yrs ago. But it wouldn't surprise me if unscrupulous sellers still do it today.

Thanks for the heads up on the formaldehyde, scary.

A patient friend came by and

agreed to try the "Lemon Haze"

with the same results as I had.

Ergo, most probably NOT allergy

related.

Thanks everyone

Archived