Prune / Manicure

Dman

I would like to know how many people choose to Prune. I used to grow 20+ years ago. Started back into it a few month ago so I consider my self new since a ton of things changed. I love to manicure the plants I have now. But will it yield more? I have seen many forums that say just grow it out and flower. For the people that know me. They know I never take the easy route. So I'm just asking is there pro's and con's to this? or just time spent? What I do know from the time I started is that if you love them... They love you back!

I would like to know how many people choose to Prune. I used to grow 20+ years ago. Started back into it a few month ago so I consider my self new since a ton of things changed. I love to manicure the plants I have now. But will it yield more? I have seen many forums that say just grow it out and flower. For the people that know me. They know I never take the easy route. So I'm just asking is there pro's and con's to this? or just time spent? What I do know from the time I started is that if you love them... They love you back!

i think the answer is yes you will yield more.and your right love those girls,and they will love you back.

It really depends on strain that you are growing on how much to trim but it does help yield a lot on hybrids and sativas that bush out alot and have alot of leaf to bud ratio. Removing lower branches and inner nodes that dont receive enough light will direct more energy to the bigger buds. Hope this helps I am pro pruning.

Archived