My Raid By Swat (Omni) This Morning Some Things I Learned That May Save Your Life.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so that box I checked on the forms, saying it was ok to let the police know I'm legal...did you have that checked?

Thanks for posting this. It really makes me think about a bunch of things.

Yes that box was checked on all 5 forms that I have.

It however is very misleading..

I had the officer show me this very box and explain what is going on..

I'll again clarify this as you are paying attention and I appreciate that..

The shared info means that if and only if you have your card and are found to be in a situation

requiring the law enforcement officers to verify your legal licensed status

they have your permission to check MI dept of health records,,,

Now pay attention!!

This is after the fact that you have presented them the card,,they are unaware you even have it

until you make that fact known.

If you are placed under surveillance as I was and a warrant is issued you will be subject to all

the risks of getting shot in a "Botched Raid" as any drug house...

Wanna know how often a botched raid happens and innocents get shot?

Go ask the black community in any city and they will tell you,,,they seem to take the highest casualties

from this strange phenomenon ...

That box doesn't do jack squat to protect you from harm,,and the cops executing the warrant are doing their

jobs,,,if you get shot by accident because you reached for a cell phone etc...they will be off for a few days

paid while you are getting your bodily fluids replaced with formaldehyde and sitting on a stainless steel table.

Guest Happy Guy

The problem is law enforcement's problem. They need to do their job. We do not NEED to make it easier for them by losing our privacy. They have another step in their investigation now that there are legal growers of cannabis in Michigan. They have to determine the difference between a medical grow and a legal one by some other means than kicking in the door. The assumption of guilt is gone now. They are going to have to live with that.

sorry...i was born ignorant.

you could at least show some compasion for us feeble minded. we have feelings to. someday i hope to be as smart as you and maybe have a spiteful ex, maggot faced neighbor, no job and a vist from the boys.

Some guys just know how to live right.

OK I wanna clear the air here and make this simple....

apparently this may be a bit too complex for some of you to take in,,and as important as it is

I want all to understand it...don't get sidetracked by the inspections and other BS!

That is not what this thread is about at all..

I am against inspections,I am all for privacy for god's sake...

When I decided to become a legal grower and register to not only help myself as I am a patient

but also take care of others with the herb that I grow and breed,I had one notion or

now I can safely call it an assumption.

That is the fact that the local cops know that I am growing this..

I am complying with the law and it's parameters (limits)

I will be paying taxes on any income I make from it

I will keep my license up to date etc...

and basicly I am of no concern to them and they can go on chasing the bad guys

there sure isn't a shortage of them today..

Now here is reality...

I am growing and they are totally unaware of it

They have no way of even finding out I am legal

why???

The state law does not allow it,although you are lead to believe the local agancies

are aware of your status...

They are NOT!!!

You carry on your business growing,ordering nutes,lights ,and other suspect supplies

that are monitored whether you know it or not..

and your electric bill is flagged whether you know it or not!

And you throw up all kinds of flags begging to be identified as an illegal drug manufacturer

But you care not because you are legal...

all is well is happyville...

Then suddenly the warrant is issued and you see what a SWAT raid is all about....

and remember my story is a happy ending,,most are not!! usually property is damaged

people are hurt or killed,pets are shot to death..

And you are asking yourself...gee why did this happen?? I'm legal..

The way it is right now this very instant ,,the cops have no way of knowing you are legal

and you don't get a chance to say so during a raid...

It's only afterwards that you will be able to speak...

usually afterwards is too late ...tragedy happens in the initial stages of a raid.

That's when mistakes happen and people die...

sorry...i was born ignorant.

you could at least show some compasion for us feeble minded. we have feelings to. someday i hope to be as smart as you and maybe have a spiteful ex, maggot faced neighbor, no job and a vist from the boys.

Some guys just know how to live right.

keep working on it ,,maybe it will come...maybe not!

Live right?? ok Capt Morals wanna step up and do a seminar??

Now you are sounding like my ex wife,,the notorious Christian

who is a pathological liar,adulterer and psycho...

want her number??

There is no way you can justify the validity or effects of this type of behaviour on the general public.

There just is no way this should be happening to taxpaying, property owning, citizens no matter what.

As your story started out and the bit about home invasion? There could just as well been 14 wounded police if you could have reached your Glock was it? They never anounce themselves? Walk through someones home? Without the warrant thats B&E anOccupied Dwelling no small misdemeanor. Like you said its a Castle Law State? You would have been justified, long as it was registered.

Guest Happy Guy

The way it is right now this very instant ,,the cops have no way of knowing you are legal

They have no way of knowing you're illegal either. No grounds for warrant with a flir check, meter read, or anything else that shows you are growing. You would have to be caught diverting or seen to be out of compliance first for a good warrant to be issued.

I have to agree with Happy Guy on this. We shouldn't have to accommodate them. They have to change the way they investigate. The use of FLIR and a neighbor tip is not enough information for them to do a SWAT style raid on your residence.

If this story is true you should be upset at the LEO for raiding your home and MDCH for upholding the law. From what I understand by checking the box on the application LEO should be able to pull up your info on the LEIN system at anytime. Maybe that is only after you get your card, so maybe we to get on MDCH to send people their cards on time and this wouldn't have happened.

There is no way you can justify the validity or effects of this type of behaviour on the general public.

There just is no way this should be happening to taxpaying, property owning, citizens no matter what.

As your story started out and the bit about home invasion? There could just as well been 14 wounded police if you could have reached your Glock was it? They never anounce themselves? Walk through someones home? Without the warrant thats B&E anOccupied Dwelling no small misdemeanor. Like you said its a Castle Law State? You would have been justified, long as it was registered.

They had a warrant....and yes I agree totally it's all BS!

should have never happened...ever!!

so just because I am a legal grower ,,another has the opportunity to do this to me?

so far today as I sit the answer is yes...

as far as any going for a gun...are you kidding me??

only if I wanted to die,,,

The show of force was so over the top and out of proportion you would have

choked...I couldnt believe the manpower there ...

Let me just say this...

at least 30 guys..total.

huge cost of tax dollars

I don't know how there could have even been a patrol car in the county

available at this time...

I even seen an ambulance on site driving by slowly...

now that folks is money well spent!!!

EPIC Fail!!!

They have no way of knowing you're illegal either. No grounds for warrant with a flir check, meter read, or anything else that shows you are growing. You would have to be caught diverting or seen to be out of compliance first for a good warrant to be issued.

How the hell are they gonna know you are out of compliance when they don't even know you are registered to begin with???

I have to agree with Happy Guy on this. We shouldn't have to accommodate them. They have to change the way they investigate. The use of FLIR and a neighbor tip is not enough information for them to do a SWAT style raid on your residence.

If this story is true you should be upset at the LEO for raiding your home and MDCH for upholding the law. From what I understand by checking the box on the application LEO should be able to pull up your info on the LEIN system at anytime. Maybe that is only after you get your card, so maybe we to get on MDCH to send people their cards on time and this wouldn't have happened.

I assumed the exact same thing..

I said why the hell can't you use your radio or laptop to do a check into my status..

Lein NCIC example....

surely the state data base covers all aspects...

wrong!!!

There lies the whole problem...

Guest Happy Guy

You still are not following....

They need to investigate! Not from their desks either. They cannot assume a grower is illegal anymore. If they can't tell the difference then move on. That is the law.

And please call in to our radio show next week to tell your story and discuss possible solutions. We do need to focus our attentions on this important problem.

Hey thanks so much for that...

I'd be very inclined to talk about this

We need a change immediately to stop this from happening,,,I don't wish that on anyone...

take care

The problem is law enforcement's problem. They need to do their job. We do not NEED to make it easier for them by losing our privacy. They have another step in their investigation now that there are legal growers of cannabis in Michigan. They have to determine the difference between a medical grow and a legal one by some other means than kicking in the door. The assumption of guilt is gone now. They are going to have to live with that.

Happy you say this is law enforcement's problem...

Well when they burst into my home, painted me and my gal with lasers it just became my problem as well ....

Guest Happy Guy

Right. We can't let them bully us into losing our privacy to make their job easier. Especially when the only threat here is cannabis. It's not weapons of mass destruction. They need to keep the 'threat' they are confronting in context. Raids could very easily cause more harm than good now with some growers being legal and medical. The scales have been tipped and their methods need adjustment.

Right. We can't let them bully us into losing our privacy to make their job easier. Especially when the only threat here is cannabis. It's not weapons of mass destruction. They need to keep the 'threat' they are confronting in context. Raids could very easily cause more harm than good now with some growers being legal and medical. The scales have been tipped and their methods need adjustment.

Well said they need to change the way they think. Think they will???

Well said they need to change the way they think. Think they will???

No....not for some time

Till then maintaining a personality that does not encourage people to eagerly drop a dime on your as is the best policy.

Well if there is anything to be gleened from this thread...inspections=Very Bad Idea

It is a small technicality. As it is Caregivers are at elevated risk as the cannabis has an inflated dollar amount and is considered of great value to some miscreants. To provide a list of the Caregivers is just not in our best interests.

As I said that doesn't justify this type of police behaviour. It's way over the top. This isn't IRAQ or Afgahnistan or we would be smoking some of the best hashish on the Planet. For like $50/kilo. And the American Army Men with all the military equipment are leaving their soon, rumor has it. Think their goin to Mexico next.

My furnace has been running for at least a month now, yet you said the front door was open?

It is a small technicality. As it is Caregivers are at elevated risk as the cannabis has an inflated dollar amount and is considered of great value to some miscreants. To provide a list of the Caregivers is just not in our best interests.

As I said that doesn't justify this type of police behaviour. It's way over the top. This isn't IRAQ or Afgahnistan or we would be smoking some of the best hashish on the Planet. For like $50/kilo. And the American Army Men with all the military equipment are leaving their soon, rumor has it. Think their goin to Mexico next.

My furnace has been running for at least a month now, yet you said the front door was open?

yeah I have enough to be vigilant about,,,robbers ,thieves etc..

Break ins around here and home invasions are up astronomically ,,,and I live in the country

But I shouldn't have to worry about the cops...that's the last thing that should be on my mind..

The door was open meaning the main door,the sealed glass storm door was closed and the sun was shining on it..

glad it was ,,I don't need to try an replace a mahogany frame,,,and good luck with an insurance claim

when it was a police raid ,,,,puts you in a negative light immediately and on the defensive.

I can just imagine what all the neighbors around here are saying today...

Do you think the police will put this one in the paper today and admit their epic failure???

My attorney is betting me not!

I have my attorney on the job to see about getting the identity of the accuser,,if it's possible

I'll be getting a call today ,and will proceed with what legal action I can take against them..

This isn't going to be swept under the rug!

How the hell are they gonna know you are out of compliance when they don't even know you are registered to begin with???

First, instead of spending the money they did on a night flir flight, they could have did a bit more surveillance, on the ground. As you said they had a tip that you were moving $10k a month, that should be easy enough behavior to catch, with the traffic of people or you leaving your home with "suspicious" packages.

Second, they could have conducted a traffic stop on you during the surveillance period, trying to catch you with something you shouldn't have. This possibly could also been the end of the operation as they may have discovered that you were indeed a registered patient and caregiver.

Finally, it is a sad day when we wish to subject legal folks to more restrictions and regulations so that they are easily discernible from criminals. Maybe as somebody suggested in another thread we could all wear gold cannabis leaves on our clothing, so that LEO will not hassle us as we are out and about as well? Perhaps we should also have every citizen of the state submit fingerprints and DNA samples, to cut down on the expense and dangers that police face conducting other types of investigations...

Anyways, while registering with your local municipality might work well in your area or in some areas of the state, it would be a nightmare in many others. Opening up that database to some municipalities or agencies would simply be handing them a map of where to conduct their "crusade against medical marijuana”.

The law and MDCH rules are quite clear on how such information is to be verified. It is the jobs of those in law enforcement to go the extra step to verify information, it is not the job of the sick or those that care for them to do so.

I am glad that everything worked out for you, in the story that you tell. Seems like a lot of overkill for the situation as you describe it, and especially based on just a tip. It is also strange that they weren't worried about the blacked out helicopter hovering at 200 feet in the middle of the night tipping off potential illegal growers, and that they didn't stop you in the process of moving plants the next day. Don't mind me, as somethings just don't wash in the story that wrote; and your insistence that registering with local municipalities would be a good thing for everybody involved; I simply cannot put much credibility into what you are saying. The cynic in me, just can't swallow the hook.

Just my opinions.

Archived