I Have An Odd Request

sknkwrks

What is odd about that? we all would like to cross some of our plants with another! what are you looking for in a strain?

Peace

FTW

Jim

I hope i have as many males as females spreading thru the countys of Michigan, Id sure hate to think they wont reproduce!

What is odd about that? we all would like to cross some of our plants with another! what are you looking for in a strain?

Peace

FTW

Jim

I hope i have as many males as females spreading thru the countys of Michigan, Id sure hate to think they wont reproduce!

i just figured it odd being that most people rip the males and dont seem to worry about crossing them. i have a strain that i have been working on 4 a cpl of years now. i just finished up with the second cross and look forward to growing her out again. both times i crossed her the male plants were of unknown strains but healthy very healthy. thats kinda what i look for in my males good strong healthy males. now both time i got my males from the same farmer so i know they are of good quality i just dont have a name to put with them. my lady started out as KGB(killer green bud) and after the first cross i grew her twice and she seems to be stable not to many differences each time just the leaf was diff on a couple the budd looked the same and very little leaf on the buds it seems that im on the right track. now i have a GREAT WHITE that is looking like it may be a boy and if so i plan on saving the pollen( i got an issue of an old high times that tells how to do it) but i would like to collect sum pollen from a few other strains so again any males out there and i will take them.

K G B ? I've got what some people have called K G B or Wacky Wally , aka L A Confidential , from the Yale area . I wonder if it's the same .

they could be the same but unlikely. i picked up my beans in florida about a year ago from some crazy gator loving freak.

Is there a better way to collect pollen than just plucking the sacks and twisting them till the pollen falls out? Thats what I did with my Purple Jems and man it was tedeous and had to do it a couple times a day.

Well, with most strains this works well for me-

I cut all the branches just prior to the male flowers opening up--- I then put those branches in a container (ya might want to aerate container/water). All branches lean over at an angle in the container.-- In the surrounding area underneath the branches (& male flowers) I put a series of plain white paper on the ground or table below. Over the next week all the pollen will drop on the papers.

When most of the male flowers have exhausted their pollen content I collect the pollen which has fallen on the paper carefully (a razor works well). Once all the pollen and male flowers have been collected I screen the pollen so only the good stuff is collected (removing leaf matter, which could go moldy on ya).

You can then store your pollen...

Freezing pollen can extend the life by several months or more. BUT try not to thaw and refreeze as this will decrease it's viability.

:skydive:

Not strange at all. Best of luck, wish I didn't just cull mine, I would have loved to save them. Had a Maple Leaf Indica with such fat leaves. He was getting too brash though, kept offending the ladies, had to go.

Plus, had no idea as to what to expect from the MLI, so I'm waiting for the girls to finish before any "boyfriends" are allowed to hang around.

Well since were talking pollen ----I actually have a very unusual request for pollen.

I currently have a female Hawaiian Snow fasciated mutant.

Fasciated link

She is growing nicely.

I hope to keep the fasciated clones "in the Z.L.I. family" AND in all truth it's to early to say what it's potential may become.

What I am searching for is male pollen from another fasciated herb.

In the unlikely event any folks ever come across a male fasciated mutant please send me a PM... OR have any leads.

:skydive:

Archived