Things That Make You Say...f#&k That Hurts!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm one of those guys who does things when people say I can't and that would be all fine and well if I wasn't all busted up. It goes back to when as young men growing up we would ignore pain and even injuries in fear of being called a wimp or worse.

Well this morning as my daughter and family started getting things together for dinner tomorrow and the upcoming holiday season I heard someone say they needed a box from the closet taken down. Well being the gentleman I am and not wanting to see a woman maybe get hurt I walked over and grabbed the box from the top shelf of the closet.

After the ringing in my ears stopped from the the screaming I guess had come from me I started to realize that someone has stuck a red hot pitch fork in my back and was slowly yet very thoroughly twisting it. It was then I realized that I really can't be "the go to guy" anymore.

As I slowly made my way to my bed with the pitch fork guy now running up and down my legs and occasionally making a quick stop in the groin I guess just for good measure and remind me who is in charge I laid down (sorta) and after a while and a few doses from a vap bag I started to relax and drift off to sleep.

I'm much better now the pitch fork guy is gone and the spasms aren't as bad. I just can't believe that for that few seconds of trying to prove I can proved how much I can't.

And I'm OK with it.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm one of those guys who does things when people say I can't and that would be all fine and well if I wasn't all busted up. It goes back to when as young men growing up we would ignore pain and even injuries in fear of being called a wimp or worse.

Well this morning as my daughter and family started getting things together for dinner tomorrow and the upcoming holiday season I heard someone say they needed a box from the closet taken down. Well being the gentleman I am and not wanting to see a woman maybe get hurt I walked over and grabbed the box from the top shelf of the closet.

After the ringing in my ears stopped from the the screaming I guess had come from me I started to realize that someone has stuck a red hot pitch fork in my back and was slowly yet very thoroughly twisting it. It was then I realized that I really can't be "the go to guy" anymore.

As I slowly made my way to my bed with the pitch fork guy now running up and down my legs and occasionally making a quick stop in the groin I guess just for good measure and remind me who is in charge I laid down (sorta) and after a while and a few doses from a vap bag I started to relax and drift off to sleep.

I'm much better now the pitch fork guy is gone and the spasms aren't as bad. I just can't believe that for that few seconds of trying to prove I can proved how much I can't.

And I'm OK with it.

oh i feel ya..... and that damned pitchfork too :)

same here..... rough life in my younger years. sports, drugs, drinking, "i can fly"...... then a bad auto accident made life much worse.

after 20 years of daily back pain, i bent down to feed my dogs 3 weeks ago and i heard pop so loud it would put a jet engine to shame. next thing i know im waking up in a pile of puke on the floor, paralyzed, and my dog is licking my face. it is always something simple that finishes you off. wheelchair bound for the last 3 weeks and heading for the surgery table right after the holiday weekend :(

keep your head up sir............... and keep that vape close :) we'll live.

same here..... rough life in my younger years. sports, drugs, drinking, "i can fly"...... then a bad auto accident made life much worse.

after 20 years of daily back pain, i bent down to feed my dogs 3 weeks ago and i heard pop so loud it would put a jet engine to shame. next thing i know im waking up in a pile of puke on the floor, paralyzed, and my dog is licking my face. it is always something simple that finishes you off. wheelchair bound for the last 3 weeks and heading for the surgery table right after the holiday weekend :(

Hey Guys....

I just got home from the hospital with a new knee. Talk about hurt. Therapists are not happy till they bend that sucker to 120 degrees. And they come after you the day after surgery. There was some screaming, oh and crying. They don't care. On top of that I had a bad reaction to norco so I had the dry heaves for two days. I'm better today. Thank God!

I did the mosh pit at Ghetto Rags last saturday to the punk band - The Meatmen - great show. But yea, it hurt the next day, but I do it all over again!

-DN

Hey I watched a killer movie last night titled "It Might Get Loud" with Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White. To see and hear the different styles, techniques, attitudes and all that goes into being a great guitarist was awesome.

It covers their early years to present the musical influences on each individual in their time and their opinions on the direction music was taken at the beginning of each others careers and the bands they were in and in now.

I think almost everyone would find this movie entertaining it has many layers but it never becomes convoluted or pretentious. The three of them came off as the kind of people you have over for a Friday night poker game or Sunday football. They have really interesting jobs make lots of money but down to earth as the day is long.

I did the mosh pit at Ghetto Rags last saturday to the punk band - The Meatmen - great show. But yea, it hurt the next day, but I do it all over again!

-DN

Heres some links with information on that movie.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/itmightgetloud/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Might_Get_Loud

Hey I watched a killer movie last night titled "It Might Get Loud" with Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White. To see and hear the different styles, techniques, attitudes and all that goes into being a great guitarist was awesome.

It covers their early years to present the musical influences on each individual in their time and their opinions on the direction music was taken at the beginning of each others careers and the bands they were in and in now.

I think almost everyone would find this movie entertaining it has many layers but it never becomes convoluted or pretentious. The three of them came off as the kind of people you have over for a Friday night poker game or Sunday football. They have really interesting jobs make lots of money but down to earth as the day is long.

Yup, good flick!

Dear Bubblegrower and EdwardGlen,

I definitely feel your pain - it's like that every day in our home.

Between my wife and I and with our assorted aches and pains we know we simply can't do what we used to do.

Marijuana doesn't "get me high" - it alleviates pain.

I wish you well with your surgery. I think my wife will be considering that option fairly soon.

Hang in there and I hope you have plenty of meds...

Mizerman

Dear Bubblegrower and EdwardGlen,

I definitely feel your pain - it's like that every day in our home.

Between my wife and I and with our assorted aches and pains we know we simply can't do what we used to do.

Marijuana doesn't "get me high" - it alleviates pain.

I wish you well with your surgery. I think my wife will be considering that option fairly soon.

Hang in there and I hope you have plenty of meds...

Mizerman

That is one the hardest myths to dispel about medical marijuana. Its like any other medicine after your body has become tolerant of the drug you no longer feel the euphoric sensation (the high) at least I don't.

When I first started taking Oxycodone you better believe I felt those but after a couple months all I got was pain control. People think that all we do is sit around and get stoned and listen to music and talk sheet all day well I'm going to bust that bubble.

I'm not a pot head or a stoner. I use cannabis because of its all natural ability to help control my pain and sometimes muscle spasms and I don't have to worry about destroying my kidneys or liver. It gives a me a certain quality of life I would not have by alleviating my pain.

Cannabis does not work for everyone but under our law everyone has the right to it. We have had some people subvert the program but that is no different than those who abuse Doctors for pills not condoning either action. But for politicians and law enforcement to continuously use the same stories in an attempt to sway public opinion I find despicable.

This thread reminds me of something my father always said, "If I knew I was gonna live to be this old, I would have taken better care of my body." That sentiment is so true these days. Simple pleasures and tasks from years past are now todays aches and pains. I fell asleep on my mother-in-laws chaise lounge over the holiday, it took me a couple days to work the kinks out of my back and knees. Bending over to pick up a basket of clothes is like playing the lottery, I have no clue if one of my knees will give out, if I will get a back spasm, or if it will work out just fine. I have come to appreciate the aches and pains, as they make me enjoy the mundane no-pain moments even more.

Archived