Deep Water Culture

cawizza13

when we ran that 1330 down to 947 it was way to much I'm runin 22gal whit a 25 gal back up that keeps feeding 6.5ph water whit a float I'm 3 weeks in buding and keeping my ppm in the 9s is ez having my ppm at 1330 3 weeks in was way to much befor it was burning the plants we made nice 4in pvc pipe tracks room for 16 pots we face the tees up for the pots to rest in 1/2 pvc water lines coming from the pump whit shut offs to every pot or turn the drip down we wanted it real low so we have a sub in the room that pumps the water outside the bud room on Thursday we started whit 972 and today I'm at 879 the chart from general hydroponics is way higher then what some guys r doin there cuting the #s in half I think some of u will like that urbangardenmagazine.com everything there doing is in a lab tryin to give u the best info on growing any plant and they talk about everything my dad likes it better then the 2 bibles we have

when we ran that 1330 down to 947 it was way to much I'm runin 22gal whit a 25 gal back up that keeps feeding 6.5ph water whit a float I'm 3 weeks in buding and keeping my ppm in the 9s is ez having my ppm at 1330 3 weeks in was way to much befor it was burning the plants we made nice 4in pvc pipe tracks room for 16 pots we face the tees up for the pots to rest in 1/2 pvc water lines coming from the pump whit shut offs to every pot or turn the drip down we wanted it real low so we have a sub in the room that pumps the water outside the bud room on Thursday we started whit 972 and today I'm at 879 the chart from general hydroponics is way higher then what some guys r doin there cuting the #s in half I think some of u will like that urbangardenmagazine.com everything there doing is in a lab tryin to give u the best info on growing any plant and they talk about everything my dad likes it better then the 2 bibles we have

1330 at what conversion?

you are giving off wrong info.

1330 @ .07 is the same as 1000 @ .05 which is perfect. ???

thats roughly 2000 EC. is that too high?

you still have not answered my question. tds meters measure in 2 different increments. .05 and a .07 conversion from EC. your ppms make no sense to anyone unless you specify.

thus the reason most go by EC.

I'm confused. pH 6.5? What is the pH of your nute solution?

I am a believer in running nutes lower strength. I don't see much nute burn ever. I recirculate my DWC at a fairly good pace. My theory is that the plants take what they need, so if you run low strength nutes past them all day long, they'll just take what they need and let the rest pass to the next bucket. Run enough volume of low-strength nutes past them, and they get what they need and food is no longer the limiting factor for them.

I've been running all my DWC buckets on the same 8/16ML Lucas system for a while now(most of the time - most plants). From day one out of the cloner until flush time, they get the same food. There is also a school of thought that plants program the nutes they get and adjust accordingly as if that supply will be consistent until they flower and die. So if you change nutes suddendly, the plant has to readjust. Could be BS. But results speak for themselves, and I've been rewarded using the same Lucas mix start to finish.

Deep Water Culture, Yes it's good/great. Loved it while I was running that way. But..... What's Deep? As far as it can go or as far as you a lot it? You can grow DWC in trays which are 8". Just wondering what others thought, 5 gal pails fill quick and with 3/4" return lines hmmm... I've had roots all through the return lines. I hated leaks. It just killed me with the cost and design then to have a small leak here and there.

Deep Water Culture, Yes it's good/great. Loved it while I was running that way. But..... What's Deep? As far as it can go or as far as you a lot it? You can grow DWC in trays which are 8". Just wondering what others thought, 5 gal pails fill quick and with 3/4" return lines hmmm... I've had roots all through the return lines. I hated leaks. It just killed me with the cost and design then to have a small leak here and there.

I just put this together yesterday. I was running around like a maniac fixing a couple leaks. I think I cut the hole for the Grommet just a tiny bit too small. It's good now. No leaks.

028.JPG

Archived