Caregiver Problems

I signed a caregiver about a month ago. He said I was his fifth patient and it would take about 3-4 weeks to get a "full supply." I said I would need about 1-2 ounces a month. He was offering the first ounce a month free and when I mentioned my work in drug policy reform, he said I wouldn't have to worry about paying for any of my medicine. I called after 3 weeks asking if there was any way to get my medicine and he said he'd try to figure something out and get back to me. No response. I contacted him a week later. Again, no response. A few days ago, I called again. He told me he would call back. A day later, he called back when I was in class, so I couldn't answer. He sent a text saying to call him back. I did, multiple times. I called him Tuesday this week and he called back Wednesday. I've tried calling him multiple times since Wednesday, no response. I'm at a loss right now. I gave my plants and light away when I signed this caregiver, and now it's impossible to get a hold of him to get my medicine! I signed a caregiver because I didn't have time to grow myself and can't afford high dispensary prices all the time! Any ideas on how to get this caregiver on track or get rid of him and find another?

What area are you in? I'm sure myself or one of the other members would be able to help you out. I'm in no position to give free meds but I do offer quality meds at a competitive price. From what I've seen these frre med programs don't usually work. There are many compassionate people out there tho that won't play games with you. Sounds like u need a change of caregiver form...

John165,

I second Jon420--you need a CAREgiver who cares about accessibility and that means the next item up in your life is a change form. There are some excellent caregivers on this site.

How you get meds 'free' is when it's the season you grow in your obscure, fenced, enclosed, locked back yard using the sun, bake into browies and freeze them for year-round access to your own meds.

I'm really frigging tired of reading new members call caregivers drug dealers!

"He probably signed you up just so he could grow more for the street I hear that happens often"

If you are not privy to what the situation is why would insinuate the CG is selling to the street.

He is privy to the situation. Didn't u read how his caregiver is treating him? That's what most of these free weed deals are. Not all of them but it seems people are being selfish and uncompassionate. Anyone looking for real compassion pm me.ill show you what's its all about.

DITTO.

I'm really frigging tired of reading new members call caregivers drug dealers!

"He probably signed you up just so he could grow more for the street I hear that happens often"

If you are not privy to what the situation is why would insinuate the CG is selling to the street.

Why wouldnt the cg call him back? leave him a voice mail, Im tired of A hole c.gs doing this bunny muffin!

Peace

FTW

JIm

I signed a caregiver about a month ago. He said I was his fifth patient and it would take about 3-4 weeks to get a "full supply." I said I would need about 1-2 ounces a month. He was offering the first ounce a month free and when I mentioned my work in drug policy reform, he said I wouldn't have to worry about paying for any of my medicine. I called after 3 weeks asking if there was any way to get my medicine and he said he'd try to figure something out and get back to me. No response. I contacted him a week later. Again, no response. A few days ago, I called again. He told me he would call back. A day later, he called back when I was in class, so I couldn't answer. He sent a text saying to call him back. I did, multiple times. I called him Tuesday this week and he called back Wednesday. I've tried calling him multiple times since Wednesday, no response. I'm at a loss right now. I gave my plants and light away when I signed this caregiver, and now it's impossible to get a hold of him to get my medicine! I signed a caregiver because I didn't have time to grow myself and can't afford high dispensary prices all the time! Any ideas on how to get this caregiver on track or get rid of him and find another?

Obviously you have been "s-c-r-e-w-e-d over" like I was in the past.

I would do everything in my power to make this person's life as miserable as possible.

He who laughs last laughs loudest... :growl::devil::sword:

Mizerman

p.s. another shining example of why having "only the caregiver system is a broken one..."

Obviously you have been "s-c-r-e-w-e-d over" like I was in the past.

I would do everything in my power to make this person's life as miserable as possible.

He who laughs last laughs loudest... :growl::devil::sword:

Mizerman

p.s. another shining example of why having "only the caregiver system is a broken one..."

it has even happen to us after we were Raided we met some one at a CC meeting he said he could help us and we got ripped offed also

so Yep we have a story to tell i think about it all the time and ask myself why some one would do that to any body and he knew about what happen to us

i do know their are good ones out their just not that many

$$$$$$$ will change people

The only time I hear about problems like this is when someone is offering "free" medication. I am not saying offering "free" meds is a bad thing but I see it OVER and OVER again. I think it goes back to the saying you get what you pay for..... I wish you the best of luck on finding a new caregiver that can take care of your needs :thumbsu:

There needs to be a proper site for cg's and patients to meet. One with a ranking/complaint resolution system like the BBB. Im not bashing this site. Forums and blogs are always the starting point for a community, but it is time for something custom to be developed. Something that empowers honest compassionate care and a competitive market.

Edward which NEW member called a caregiver a drug dealer? I think you read wrong or misunderstood something. It is a fact that many times the guys offering free MM do this kind of thing. It is obvious they are doing something wrong or they would stay in touch with there patient. They should be excited to have patients whether it is for the money or helping someone or BOTH. If they are not excited and do not keep in touch with you then they are doing something wrong more than likely.

Free meds works very well with my patients and myself.... every harvest you give every patient x amount, for my patients it is 28 grams. Any useage over that is paid for, at a discounted rate. if you grow 12 plants for a patient you can easily give away 1 oz and still have an uninterupted supply if you run perpetual and have it staggered when your patients get their meds so you dont have to give 2-5oz away at 1 time. rent and utilities at the grow location are covered with any overages, its simple if you're not trying to make 500,000 a year off patients

The fact is that all caregivers can't offer that kind of program and aren't established enough. Its hard to try to have meds available and share my own harvests with someone to be able to sign them and offer meds right away. I am looking for patients that want quality meds at a fair price. Maybe after I get going I can offer free meds too but doing so would cost me more money at this point. How can real caregivers find patients when other people are offering free meds whether they can provide or not. Not returning calls and giving people the runaround is very unprofessional and it will come back and bite them in the booty. You truly do reap what you sow.

I'm in the Lansing area actually.

ScrogBubbles, I agree! A caregiver rating system would be wonderful!

Now if I'm going to sign a new caregiver, what should I require? Is it appropriate to request a sample (I have the plastic card already)? How am I even going to get into contact with my old caregiver to tell him I'm dropping him? Maybe if I leave a voicemail threatening to drop his lazy, unprofessional self he'll start paying attention?

Drop him and let him know he's clearly not meeting your needs. No need for threats or you being as unprofessional as him in my opinion. Interview a couple caregivers. Usually by meeting with them and seeing what they have available you will be able to tell the difference in the people that have been dealers prior to mmj becoming legal. Not to say someone previously being a dealer couldn't be a good caregiver but what would you think their main motivation is. Find someone your comfy with that is compassionate and will give you references. If his other patients are happy it might say a lot about them. Id definately talk to a few different people. When I meet people about becoming their caregiver I want to show them what I grow, and what I have available so they will know what to expect. Some people disagree with that and think its about having faith. To me trusting someone you have met one time is foolish and sadly your learning the hard way. If a caregiver can't show you some meds or doesn't want to be patient with you in making your decision they aren't worth your time . This isn't about $$ to everyone and those money hungry lousy caregivers will get what they have coming. A rating system would be great I agree like ebays . That's one of the reasons people are doing so much business there is that people have to keep a good rep to gain peoples trust.

This isn't about $$ to everyone and those money hungry lousy caregivers will get what they have coming. A rating system would be great I agree like ebays . That's one of the reasons people are doing so much business there is that people have to keep a good rep to gain peoples trust.

I could make something like that in just a few days, I am just too poor to do it. I can make a vBulletin module to plug into this website if that is what people want. Admins PM me if you are interested.

420 Grow touched on something important. Which comes first, the chicken or the egg, the patient or the grow? For those who wish to be caregivers but themelves are not patients so cannot legally yet grow, how do they get started (legally)? Buy an ounce, cut it into samples and put it out as a sample of what they purportedly produced? Buy clones on the 'black' market and sample out the crop to prospective patients? Starting out by sprouting seeds is one reasonable approach, although not being a patient and not having any paperwork to flash when trying to aquire clowns depends upon their finding a co-conspirator. Having a patient registered before one aquires plants begins a grow will work but falls short of being legal. So, how iss a caregiver to get started?

My over-arching solution matches those patients with no money needing free meds to wanna-be caregivers. Folks without bucks use the one thing they have of value, their patient card, and place it with the would-be start-up caregiver who needs a patient to start growing legally. The patient waits 3-4 months for unknown quality meds, but they're free (some limited quantity, anyway), as compensation for giving the start-up grower/caregiver, legality via their first registered patient.

Otherwise caregivers start up illegal and after they have a grow they get patient, and voila! Now they're legal.

I'm in the Lansing area actually.

Now if I'm going to sign a new caregiver, what should I require? Is it appropriate to request a sample (I have the plastic card already)? How am I even going to get into contact with my old caregiver to tell him I'm dropping him? Maybe if I leave a voicemail threatening to drop his lazy, unprofessional self he'll start paying attention?

if he screw you and dont answer you, I wouldnt tell him sheet, Id drop him like a hot potato and when he gets popped for being over the limit, his prob not yours, you tried he didnt!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived