Humidifiers

detroitdjs

humidifiers are a great addition, especially since the winter will suck the moisture right out of the air. I have an old one down by my tents intake, its too big to put into tent.. But it is def helping control humidity :) I think i am gonna take a trip to meijers, that humidifier u posted on here bubble man looks small enough to fit into the tent with no prob :)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally picked one up, similar to BG's at Lowes for $35 last night. After one night it only increased RH up about 5%. I moved it closer to the plants so hopefully it gets closer to 50% (I'm at around 35% RH now). The main reason I got one was to 1) increase the speed of veg, which has almost stalled and 2) to get clones to root. This is only my second attempt at cloning and it's just not working. Out of 16 cuttings put into a homemade bubble cloner I have only gotten three to grow roots and survive transplantation into pro-mix. My question for the pros is: is humidity the main reason why I cannot seem to clone in winter? My temps are the only thing else I can think of as the problem. I am not supplementing my furnace with any space heaters and have temps around 60-65 F.

In case this helps: I use tap water pH'd to 55-60 (changed once a week), airstones with stems just above the waterline, plus a little bit of Clonex solution and a drop of Superthrive.

Thanks!

Archived