It Is The Season Of Giving!

BubbleBerryKush

not sure where this post should go, but I guess here is better than no where.

As we all know as caregivers (be it one patient or five) that need does not stop with our patients, and since it is the season of giving, i suggest we all try and do are part. No i am not saying give away free medicine, I think the donations we all receive could be used in much better ways. For example, any number of grocery stores offer non perishable items at low prices (10 for 10 or even cheaper) I would urge everyone who can to purchase a few extra items if possible during your next trip to the grocery store to donate.

I personally am taking 10% of the donations I receive from my patients for the work I do and have been purchasing canned goods to donate to food banks.

Pasta's, canned fruit and vegetables, rice, flour, etc... every little bit counts and as I can attest from my past, these items are both needed and greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time,

sincerely,

bubbeberrykush

I think that's a good idea but it would b best if there was a caregiver thing set up for it kinda like toys for tots so ppl can see the help were giving to meany ppl think its just a way around the police so we can smoke and grow weed I don't know about all u but I think it would b kool to turn on the news and see the caregivers of michigan gave 1.2mill. To whoever it is I think that would show what this is all about

I personally am taking 10% of the donations I receive from my patients for the work I do and have been purchasing canned goods to donate to food banks.

thank you for your time,

sincerely,

bubbeberrykush

My friend, you are helping many of us individual human beings (and 1 individual vulcan) to focus on compassion for those in need.

livelongandprosper-new.gif

thank you for your time,

sincerely,

bubbeberrykush

My friend, you are helping many of us individual human beings (and 1 individual vulcan) to focus on compassion for those in need.

livelongandprosper-new.gif

Bisha,

FYI, if you use the "reply" button in the lower right, it will automatically quote the person's post you hit the reply button in... So, anybodies post, they all have a reply button in them..

Easy way to quote..

We give 3% of my wifes monthly salary to the united way and we also just gave a christmas to 8 low income familys through donations from my wifes workplace .

I would suggest that you keep that 3% and donate it yourself.....but thats just my .02 cents....I dont like to give to large organization that pay executives, I rather see my donation go straight to needy people. I did a bit of research and found that some of these organization (even though good willed) pay their CEO's and other officers large salaries...the president of the united way makes around 400k a year!!! salvation army is by far the best to give to, their top earner only makes 13k a year......just a bit of info...

FYI unicef's ceo makes 1.2 million a year....that does not sound like helping to me.........

but hey who am I to judge, giving is giving....keep up the good work!!!

I think that's a good idea but it would b best if there was a caregiver thing set up for it kinda like toys for tots so ppl can see the help were giving to meany ppl think its just a way around the police so we can smoke and grow weed I don't know about all u but I think it would b kool to turn on the news and see the caregivers of michigan gave 1.2mill. To whoever it is I think that would show what this is all about

great idea!!! we should start a donation paypal thing here....via peanut butter or someone....and we could all vote on what charity gets our donation for each set period of time...excellent idea my friend....not sure we will reach your lofty goal, but its worth a shot!!!!

karma always brings back the good fortune you bless upon others!!

Whoa!! It makes a lot more sense to me to that those of us in the mmj industry donate within the industry--in like kind. And on a year-round basis, 2-3-10%. Multitudes donate food. It's universally fungible. Who besides us is going to donate mmj to the desperately sick and destitute unable to purchase or grow meds? Not the Police Officer's Association.

Attorneys donate pro bono. Doctors and nurses and medical students donate Saturdays half-days to charity-care clinics--at least in Detroit Metro they do. They make service donations of their specific uncommon learning and non-replicable skills. Patients don't prefer a free can of pears from their MD. So with MMJ. Our highest and best contribution to the community is not a can of peas.

We give 3% of my wifes monthly salary to the united way and we also just gave a christmas to 8 low income familys through donations from my wifes workplace .

Why???

"United Way keeps 10 percent of most donations to its member nonprofit groups, and smaller donations go to a community fund, not the designated group. Woods said the United Way cannot efficiently distribute small donations because of processing costs."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/28/AR2009042803701.html

Our Atlanta Compassion Club bought 5 Turkeys to make up

5 boxes full of Food , Bags of Potatos , full of Can Foods

to help 5 Families out this Christmas ...

We 'll be giving them to the families on our open

Public Meeting December 21st , 2010 ...

At least we know for a Fact that they will get

everything all our members donated to brighten their

Holidays a little brighter ...

I am so prowd of our members and those of you that

are trying to help those that are in need :thumbsu:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

The Clare County compassion club donated about 7 garbage bags worth of Personal needs items to the Family Independence Agencies "Project kids christmas" High Five and Woot cccc!! We started our drive while we still had about 6 meetings before the give away so no one was stressed from giving too much all at once. We gave to the fia's giveaway because we knew that the program helped the poorest of poor in our comunity. And it is specifically designed for kids to have a good christmas and we are all about that... We are (like tarzans group) All about helping each other and have done what we can for individuals in our group such as we have a member who we are going to be doing some tree work for. (patients roof has a tree going thru it) And working on getting a few indigent patients in the area registered. We are training ppl like mad over there too.. (to make their own medibles,, to make their own topical pain releif oil) I am just totally geeked to be able to be an active contributor in my comunity in the name of MM finally.. Thank god for the blessings he has bestowed upon us..

Anyone can say anything they want about our AWESOME Houghton lake Safe Harbor (you guys like that?) BUT even though we are totally unorganized and leadership has not emerged as of yet.. We have an incredible group of ppl over there who give so generously. Our personal needs items drive there went incredibly well for a toss together project. We gathered ALOT of stuff and You (we) all should be really proud. I know when we find our strength we will excell!!

Whoa!! It makes a lot more sense to me to that those of us in the mmj industry donate within the industry--in like kind. And on a year-round basis, 2-3-10%. Multitudes donate food. It's universally fungible. Who besides us is going to donate mmj to the desperately sick and destitute unable to purchase or grow meds? Not the Police Officer's Association.

Attorneys donate pro bono. Doctors and nurses and medical students donate Saturdays half-days to charity-care clinics--at least in Detroit Metro they do. They make service donations of their specific uncommon learning and non-replicable skills. Patients don't prefer a free can of pears from their MD. So with MMJ. Our highest and best contribution to the community is not a can of peas.

I already do that for my patients, and no one said a sick/hurting person would rather have pears. I am referring to others that are far less fortunate than you or I that are worrying about eating and staying warm this holiday season....I am saying in addition to helping patients and those within our commnity, like others have said, it could do wonders for the PR of our cause....just a thought.

I would suggest that you keep that 3% and donate it yourself.....but thats just my .02 cents....I dont like to give to large organization that pay executives, I rather see my donation go straight to needy people. I did a bit of research and found that some of these organization (even though good willed) pay their CEO's and other officers large salaries...the president of the united way makes around 400k a year!!! salvation army is by far the best to give to, their top earner only makes 13k a year......just a bit of info...

FYI unicef's ceo makes 1.2 million a year....that does not sound like helping to me.........

but hey who am I to judge, giving is giving....keep up the good work!!!

I gave $25 a week to United Way for more than 10 years, when I needed help a few years back to get my late husbands prescriptions filled United Way immediately told me to go to he//, they didn't have any funds. I give directly to people now especially my next door neighbors child who has leukemia.

I don't belive it matters what a person gives, many people in our state need everything, some even a place to live. My wife and I will give what we can to our compassion club, no one knows the needs of a community as well as the members of that community, and if you can't trust your compassion club to do the right thing with your donationm you need a new club.

At a recent Brighton Area CC event we were able to collect about $500 worth of personal items to be contributed to our troops in the war zones. These soldiers are out there protecting us, as soldiers have done ad nauseum, yet are some of the poorest paid in our history. Their families are usually right on the poverty level edge. Doing this, we allow them to spend less on personal items (i.e. shaving items, soaps, smokes, candy and personal health care products), and more on Christmas for thier families. Personally, I deliver meals on Christmas for Meals on Wheels and stuff a box with non-perishables for the local soup kitchen. I get a great feeling while delivering those meals and take the time to sit with recipients and just listen. Many of them are far to isolated and need an ear to 'bend' more than anything else... Peace .... j.b.

not sure where this post should go, but I guess here is better than no where.

As we all know as caregivers (be it one patient or five) that need does not stop with our patients, and since it is the season of giving, i suggest we all try and do are part. No i am not saying give away free medicine, I think the donations we all receive could be used in much better ways. For example, any number of grocery stores offer non perishable items at low prices (10 for 10 or even cheaper) I would urge everyone who can to purchase a few extra items if possible during your next trip to the grocery store to donate.

Pasta's, canned fruit and vegetables, rice, flour, etc... every little bit counts and as I can attest from my past, these items are both needed and greatly appreciated.

thank you for your time,

sincerely,

bubbeberrykush

let the sheriffs give free food, the toys for tots military give toys and the caregivers give free meds to qulaified patients who are in need--the stuff is pricy.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a great blessing for me this year to have the ability to donate to so many.

Giving should never be one sided as there are so many of us that can always use a helping hand from time to time.

There are many ways in which people can give as there are so many families and individuals in need. Whether it be sewing the seed of God, giving food to the hungry, clothes to those who need them, money to the poor, toys for the misfortunate children, a gentle heartfelt smile to the sad looking stranger you pass by, and of course helping patients in the medical marijuana community acquire meds when they are in most need of them.

The Mt. Pleasant Compassion Club has begun to have the ability to donate medicine each month. We hope to be able to continue to do so and also hope to have more available each time.

It would be so great if we all in the Michigan medical marijuana community were able to band together and help all of the patients in need of medicine acquire it.

May God bless you all and I wish you a very merry Christmas!

Archived