12/12 Question

I have a question... When switching from 18/6 to a 12/12 does the lights on time have to stay the same. As of now the lights shut off @ 2 am and

Come on @8 am but when I switch to a 12/12 I would

Like the lights to shut off @ 10pm and come on at 10am by switching the times up will that cause a problem?

Thanks

I have a question... When switching from 18/6 to a 12/12 does the lights on time have to stay the same. As of now the lights shut off @ 2 am and

Come on @8 am but when I switch to a 12/12 I would

Like the lights to shut off @ 10pm and come on at 10am by switching the times up will that cause a problem?

Thanks

From my old Phototron Days I learned that the Plants can Not tell Darkness, only the Light.

Therefore it would be best to just lob it off their current cycle ie Start at 2am Off 2 pm. Would be taking it off the Flowering side.

My instincts tell me it should be the other way around Giving it to the Flowering Cycle whereby you add in the extra 6 hrs Shade to the Beggining of the Cycle ie: instead of Start @ 8 am they Start at 2 pm then Off @ 2 am.

So there you have it, as 420A indicated its all about personal preference.

I am the worst procrastinator, been trying to start these babies into Flower for about a Month now. Im doing it Today instead.

Peace ...

ps If you have More than I cycle running, I like to 'Synch' them vs 'Stacking' them ie with your current System it's On - 8 AM , Off - 2 AM if you wanted to 'Synch' a Flower onto that it would be On 11 PM Off 11 AM . (Minimize time of Running the Highest Wattages)

Stacking them = anything else.

Worst is running them All Concurrently.

"Worst is running them all concurrently."

Why?

If you suffer heat build-up?

Of you have a shortage of power and short out circuits?

I guess both would be good reasons. Im running the water cooled 'Liquid Lumens' So yeah , the heat build up would be a problem for me now. I've only got 100 gal Reservoirs. The heat build up is Cool [i mean warm] if you can manage it, this time of the year esp. Last year I kept the Res in the unheated garage, worked great as long as it stayed cold out.

I ended up moving the Res down into the basement early in the Spring, kept the Air on the rest of the year though. No problem other than the juice bill.

The only problem, even though I dialed up my Furnace last year [for the plants ?] to like 72+ yet I couldn't keep the basement above like 65. Soon as it started breaking from the frozen temps early this spring, I started having problems, then the bugs, PM, etc.

I'm just getting set up here again, though this year since I have moved the Res Inside down in the Basement my Room temps are nice at around 70-73.

Heat buildup would be the reason with the Elec also. So its all about Management after all ? Imagine. EmPower yourself ! The power be with you, go forth and PowerUP the Cannabis ...

Archived