Adding New Conditions

Strength in numbers Adding Qualifying conditions is a must.The option to add them is in the law.

Sec. 5. (a) Not later than 120 days after the effective date of this act, the department shall promulgate rules pursuant to the administrative procedures act of 1969, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.201 to 24.328, that govern the manner in which the department shall consider the addition of medical conditions or treatments to the list of debilitating medical conditions set forth in section 3(a) of this act. In promulgating rules, the department shall allow for petition by the public to include additional medical conditions and treatments. In considering such petitions, the department shall include public notice of, and an opportunity to comment in a public hearing upon, such petitions. The department shall, after hearing, approve or deny such petitions within 180 days of the submission of the petition. The approval or denial of such a petition shall be considered a final department action, subject to judicial review pursuant to the administrative procedures act of 1969, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24.201 to 24.328. Jurisdiction and venue for judicial review are vested in the circuit court for the county of Ingham.

But adding new conditions is not listed on the MDCH mission statement or on the responsibilities of MMMP list

Purpose of the MMMP

The Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP) is established to administer the registration program provided for in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA), which was approved by Michigan voters on November 4, 2008.

Mission Statement

To assure that the registration process is conducted efficiently and effectively, consistent with all statutes and administrative rules pertaining to the MMMP.

Administration of the MMMP

The MMMP will be administered by the Michigan Department of Community Health, Bureau of Health Professions.

Responsibilities of the MMMP

Review applications submitted by patients and caregivers wishing to participate in the MMMP and issue medical marihuana registration identification cards to those individuals whose applications are approved.

Maintain the confidentiality of program records in accordance with applicable state and federal confidentiality laws.

Provide information regarding the MMMA, MMMP policies and application processes.

Collect and disseminate statistics about participation in the MMMP including, but not limited to:

Number of applications filed and approved.

Nature of the debilitating medical conditions of qualified patients.

Number of registration identification cards revoked.

Number of physicians providing written certifications for qualifying patients.

gallery_865_47_186587.jpg

Back when the law first passed and the Kalamazoo compassion club was meeting in the library by the firestation.Greg handed out petitions for everyone to fill in the conditon they wanted added.Never heard anything back.Has anyone heard of MDCH holding public hearings on new conditions?Like it says they should in the law.

Asthma needs to be on the list of conditions it is amazing what Cannabis does for asthma

Do You vape?

I have asthma and enphzema, what ever copd, And Now I only vape, I cant beleive how much better i breath, and I dont need a rescue inhaler at all, i do one puff of advair in the morning, im supposed to do it in the eve too, but i dont need it, I forget to take it in the morning!

Its awsome for asthma, and my back pain, but i been getting a mix of stuff and some isnt helping my anxiety its actualy making me buggy, I put that aside for now, just got a zip of something that dont do that!

Merry Christmas

Peace

FTW

Jim

man I can't afford a vape yet but it is on my want list.. I asked my wife for one for christmas but she said NO lol I will have to get it myself. I went from using advair 2 times a day and my albuterol 2 times a day to now 1 advair in morning if I remember and I have used albuterol about 6 times in 2 months. To me that is amazing but right now I am super congested and went to doc this morning and he gave me an antibiotic to help clear me up. I actually just used my albuterol but it just don't work as good as MM and especially when your congestion is the problem.

I would love to see anxiety and depression on the list, thats the real reason I use mj. But for my application I used my back pain from my degenerative disk disease. I been vaporizing for the past 3 years now. I rarely smoke it anymore, but seems like I go through more mj. Maybe because its easier, just sit in my recliner chair and vape in the evenings. Wouldnt be able to do that if I smoked as I share the house with a non pot smoker. Vaporizing keeps your house from reeking.

I would love to see anxiety and depression on the list, thats the real reason I use mj. But for my application I used my back pain from my degenerative disk disease. I been vaporizing for the past 3 years now. I rarely smoke it anymore, but seems like I go through more mj. Maybe because its easier, just sit in my recliner chair and vape in the evenings. Wouldnt be able to do that if I smoked as I share the house with a non pot smoker. Vaporizing keeps your house from reeking.

Vaporizing has many, many benefits.

The left-over duff you can do an oil with and cook with that oil for some quite potent/night-time muffins.

Happy Festivus everyone!

Mizerman

Archived