Read Any Good Books Lately?

I received a few books for Christmas and was just wondering what our community is reading. These are the ones I received and will start as soon as I finish my garden book.

THE NINE

Inside the Secret World of the Supreme Court.

By Jeffrey Toobin.

WAR

By Sebastian Junger

(Just watched the documentary "RESTREPO" by Sebastian Junger and British photographer Tim Hetherington and with out a doubt we need to get out of Afghanistan ASAP.)

Golden Age of Fender

By Martin Kelly, Terry Foster and Paul Kelly

I just finished rereading "Escape from Freedom", a college favorite.

Seemed appropriate to revisit given the state we find ourselves in today.

Hmmm, maybe I'll order up a copy of "The Illuminatus Trilogy"...Geez, its only $12 bucks new on Amazon. Hot darn!

Illuminatusn.jpg

Read it Now: The Illuminatus Trilogy

This will be my next read.

Thanks,

Mizerman

This will be my next read.

Thanks,

Mizerman

Hey and with "Readers" really starting to catch on traditional books are getting less expensive and on another note.

The publisher of Tom Sawyer is rewriting the classic and replacing the word "slave" for the "N" word stating the 'offensive nature of the word itself calls for it to be replaced' I don't agree.

That is censorship in its most overt form! I do agree that words can offend and even hurt but we're talking a literary classic written when the social morals of the time were very different than today.

We cannot allow works of literature written decades ago be changed to fit today's standards of social acceptance.

Where does it stop?!

At the Bible the Constitution?

The Confession by John Grisham

Mizerman

p.s. then the tried and true holiday classics of:

Under the Bleachers by Seymour Butts

How To Control Your Bedwetting by I.P. Freeley

How To Cruise 8 Mile & Gratiot by Haywood Jabloughmie

man I had a few good books on my mind till you had to add the p.s! lmao

starting nov30 of 09 I read 23 books from 11-30 to 12-24. 5 am, That is what time i got out of the alpena county hilton!

I have read;

stephen king- bag of bones(awsome) dream catcher(way better than the movie) ive read a few of his books, couldnt get into the rest! he takes about 200 pages before it gets good!

John grisham, 2 or 3 of em, i forgot the name,(the bretheren?) its about 3 judges in fed prison, scamin fags on the outside! and one i think the calling, somthing like that, in the book the guys son comes home to take care of his dads will, and finds alot of money that shouldn t be there!

Oh yea and that one about the most medaled militarty man in the u.s, a movie stars outobigographey! little guy! lol aubrey something!

I read a ton of good books but most of the covers were ripped off,,I was in the county hilton! they dont take good care of their library!

I was readin 300 to 5 0r 600 pages in 24hrs some times,,kinda like a guys version of calgon take me away! lmao

I was reading all the time, as the people in my cell (room) were all 21 or younger, I was the 10th person in the cell, so i just read, while they all played and got moved around alot, in fact the guards kept coming in and asking me if i wanted to go to another cell, I just said yea a smoking one please!:sword:

Not something you want to happen to you in jail in front of every one!

I swore i was going to start reading more, but i realy dont have time, I read alot on here, and dont have time for a book! I truly hope i dont find time to read like i had any longer

I have a few old classic books, as ebooks, ill check out what i have, and post it, i can email them to any one for free if your interested! you can read them on your pc, you just need adobe!

Peace

FTW

Jim

the journeyer

dirty white boys

the dark elf trilogy (closer to eleventeen)

clan of the cave bear (many books in series)

out of the ashes(very large series)

lonesome dove

streets of laredo

dead men walking

mountain man series

scarpetta series

Anne Rice has many to choose from even pen name series

the stand

swansong

Travis McGee series

Just a few of my favorites

man I had a few good books on my mind till you had to add the p.s! lmao

starting nov30 of 09 I read 23 books from 11-30 to 12-24. 5 am, That is what time i got out of the alpena county hilton!

I have read;

stephen king- bag of bones(awsome) dream catcher(way better than the movie) ive read a few of his books, couldnt get into the rest! he takes about 200 pages before it gets good!

John grisham, 2 or 3 of em, i forgot the name,(the bretheren?) its about 3 judges in fed prison, scamin fags on the outside! and one i think the calling, somthing like that, in the book the guys son comes home to take care of his dads will, and finds alot of money that shouldn t be there!

Oh yea and that one about the most medaled militarty man in the u.s, a movie stars outobigographey! little guy! lol aubrey something!

I read a ton of good books but most of the covers were ripped off,,I was in the county hilton! they dont take good care of their library!

I was readin 300 to 5 0r 600 pages in 24hrs some times,,kinda like a guys version of calgon take me away! lmao

I was reading all the time, as the people in my cell (room) were all 21 or younger, I was the 10th person in the cell, so i just read, while they all played and got moved around alot, in fact the guards kept coming in and asking me if i wanted to go to another cell, I just said yea a smoking one please!:sword:

Not something you want to happen to you in jail in front of every one!

I swore i was going to start reading more, but i realy dont have time, I read alot on here, and dont have time for a book! I truly hope i dont find time to read like i had any longer

I have a few old classic books, as ebooks, ill check out what i have, and post it, i can email them to any one for free if your interested! you can read them on your pc, you just need adobe!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Sorry for the "p.s." - I blame that on being one or two vapes :)) across the finish line :jig:

My wife gets on to me about "flagging the books" as I usually take them with me into "the office"

LOL!

Mizerman

I'm looking forward to Sarah Vowell's new book Unfamiliar Fishes. Sarah is a historical essayist. My favorite book of hers was Assignation Vacation.

Currently I am on the second book of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series, and the Dawkin's book The God Delusion.

If you like the classics there are free books available for download at Project Gutenberg. Gutenbert Lots of great classic writers there. They just don't write books like that any more. Check out the top 100 downloads.

I am on my 11th time reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand this book has become my mantra! This book actually changed me as a person.

Great reads:

The Clark Clifford Book about advising numerous U.S.presidents.

James Reston, "Deadline" if you believe govrnment wud prefer to tell the truth and the limits reporters put on outing them.

The fictional Vietnam novel, "Matterhorn," nails the experience of fighting there and the country back home reacting to the war.

Good reads:

John Grisham 'The Confesssion" runs out when the dead girl's buried body is found but there's still 250 more pages to go, mostly unnecessary.

I am on my 11th time reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand this book has become my mantra! This book actually changed me as a person.

I first read that book in junior year in high school- not for class, of course!- never forget the look on the face of the father of the kids I babysat for

when I brought that book to read while babysitting. Not your usual teenagers read, I guess. :)

I greatly enjoyed that book and the other books by Ayn Rand that it lead me to. Thanks for reminding me!

Archived