Oakland County Cases Continue Tomorrow

Testimony to continue in medical marijuana raid case WITH VIDEOS

Published: Thursday, January 06, 2011

By CAROL HOPKINS

The Oakland Press

Testimony stemming from Aug. 25 medical marijuana raid will continue Friday, Jan. 7, as more defendants arrested during the raid will be in court for preliminary exams will held at 9 a.m. Friday at Waterford’s 51st District Court before Judge Richard Kuhn Jr.

The raids were conducted by Oakland County’s Narcotics Enforcement Team at various growing operations and marijuana dispensaries across the county. Charges involve the delivery or manufacture of marijuana or the conspiracy to commit that crime.

The raid in August also was conducted in Ferndale, and those defendants’ cases are being handled at the 43rd District Court in Ferndale.

On Nov. 19, so many people and attorneys were in court for preliminary exams, the testimony was heard at Waterford Township Town Hall Auditorium.

Contact Oakland Press staff writer Carol Hopkins at 248-745-4645 or carol.hopkins@oakpress.com. Follow her on Twitter @waterfordreport.

On Nov. 19, so many people and attorneys were in court for preliminary exams, the testimony was heard at Waterford Township Town Hall Auditorium.

Am sorry but do these people ever do any real work (reporting) if they were their then they would know it was empty in their and the judge has changed i think it's some body new

yes i am going for support i hope to see many others their if you can make it

Am sorry but do these people ever do any real work (reporting) if they were their then they would know it was empty in their and the judge has changed i think it's some body new

yes i am going for support i hope to see many others their if you can make it :notfair:

the Way i saw todays court IMO their were a lot of experts today testifying about druges (not medical marihuana) the so called experts and the judge did not want to here about this being Medical marihuana just other drug deal i will post more tomorrow am beat

Always good to see you and Peanutbutter.

Mizerman

p.s. so nice to see that the two undercover officers today driving a black Cadillac Escalade. "Business must be good for them!" :devil:

Then they broke the law, their character has been damaged and they should not be believed by the judge. This case should be over by Monday!

agreed 100%. They more than likely will won. and charges dropped. this whole case is an abomination and waste of tax payers money.

I find it wrong that the PA says the Medical Marijuana Act only provides for an affirmative defense and

none corrects this in the court room.

i know me too

But IMO thats it their is only the AD i have been saying that for a long time if any one gets arrested then thats all you have just like us with card without card same thing

to the PA their is no section 4 :notfair:

i know me too

But IMO thats it their is only the AD i have been saying that for a long time if any one gets arrested then thats all you have just like us with card without card same thing

to the PA their is no section 4 :notfair:

And they say that medical marijuana has not been legalized in the state just provided a defense.

This could not be farther from the truth.

Maybe these defense attorneys should have the law in its entirety read in the courtroom

that way everyone can see what it says instead of saying, ohhh yea I have read it yet

don't know a darn thing about it.

I did not say darn.

Congress had to do it with the Constitution cause all the sudden everyone has amnesia

or never knew what the hell it is in the first place.

I do not know these people that are in court personally therefore I do not know if they were

within the Medical Marijuana Act or not, everything that I have HEARD sounds like they were, but

regardless of those facts the court should at least know what the law says.

I personally would hold my attorney liable for not correcting this and letting such a statement that

"the Act only calls for an Affirmative Defense and not outright protection" to be let

in the court and left as AGREED UPON FACT.

I understand what you are saying Bob that yea once you have Already been Arrested and the first part

of the Act ignored, then yea it may be like only having the AD but that darn card should mean something

otherwise the State of Michigan is extorting money from all of us. Good luck to you brother, I await to

hear the day yours and your delightful others wrongful prosecution is over.

And they say that medical marijuana has not been legalized in the state just provided a defense.

This could not be farther from the truth.

Maybe these defense attorneys should have the law in its entirety read in the courtroom

that way everyone can see what it says instead of saying, ohhh yea I have read it yet

don't know a darn thing about it.

I did not say darn.

Congress had to do it with the Constitution cause all the sudden everyone has amnesia

or never knew what the hell it is in the first place.

I do not know these people that are in court personally therefore I do not know if they were

within the Medical Marijuana Act or not, everything that I have HEARD sounds like they were, but

regardless of those facts the court should at least know what the law says.

I personally would hold my attorney liable for not correcting this and letting such a statement that

"the Act only calls for an Affirmative Defense and not outright protection" to be let

in the court and left as AGREED UPON FACT.

I understand what you are saying Bob that yea once you have Already been Arrested and the first part

of the Act ignored, then yea it may be like only having the AD but that darn card should mean something

otherwise the State of Michigan is extorting money from all of us. Good luck to you brother, I await to

hear the day yours and your delightful others wrongful prosecution is over.

thank you fro your support

the Lawyers were trying but the judge wont do any thing about it the PA told the lawyers that the card can't speak when the Lawyer tried to put the card out their for protection

i think that is why we are still in court maybe the AD is so good if they let us go then every one will be FREE IMO

It sounds to me like someones lawyer needs to go over the judges head and try and get a change of venue due to the hostile environment in Oakland.

Thats a great idea but it's too late for that at this point IMO we were thinking to get are case moved but here inn Oakland County the MMMA passed by over 70% so it's best if we stay here IMO

the Lawyers were trying but the judge wont do any thing about it the PA told the lawyers that the card can't speak when the Lawyer tried to put the card out their for protection

i think that is why we are still in court maybe the AD is so good if they let us go then every one will be FREE IMO

I hear you there brother.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived