Grow Tent Capability

I've never used a grow tent and want to know roughly how many plants I could comfortably grow in a 4 x 8 tent. I have a room I'm using for all phases but would like to cycle veg or flower in another area. Would I use the tent for flowering or veg? Just a newbe when it comes to tents. BTW, my room now is 6 x 9 and I have the space outside the room for multiple tents or a very large one.

Thanks.

is your space height higher then your tent? if so veg in tent and flower in your space, and lites make a diff, what lights are you using and how many. dont matter how many plants you put in it your most likely going to wind up with the same amount on 6 plants as you would on 4 if you dont have enough lite!

Peace

FTW

Jim

More info needed on your equip and rooms!

I agree with all above. I flowered for a while with a 5x5 tent. I found that there was a point where fewer plants produced more. (if you crowd flowering plants they won't produce as much.)

So I would veg in the smaller of the two areas.. drawback of having the tent in the same room will limit access. So separate is better.

If your only growing for yourself, 12 plant rotation you should have plenty of room for flowering in the tent. But if you do more than for yourself it will probably be tight.

Short answer.. More than 8-9 med size plants would crowd a tent that size. I like the 3x3 area per plant rule. + flowering plants require more attention IMO so the more room to work with them the better...

hope some of this helps, best of luck to you...

Awesome replies, very knowledgeable....thanks.

My tent height (for the 4x8) is 8' 4", my existing room is 9'. So 8 inch diff. Lights would be prolly 2 400 watters. I have a 10 site fill and drain I want to use in the tent with the reservoir outside the tent. The room the tent would be in is not heated and outside, though the walls are insulated - it gets cold in there.

Leading to this question: most tent users vent, I'm wondering if the heat in the tent would be sufficient without heating the room...it would save me some coin if it would ;)

Also, 12 plants for now. Maybe additional later.

It's probably be enough heat when lights are on, but to much temp drop with lights off. Probably will need something, in winter.

With 400 w lights height will not be an issue as you won't want giant plants (light won't get to bottom) & not as much worry about getting too close to plants.

If you heat the tent only & its too cold outside the tent u may have condensation issues.

I found my tent was a lttle hard to deal with , environmentally speaking, & conditions are always changing summer to winter if your doing it in the basement like I did.

Still dealing with temp issues down there without the tent. With minimal temp fluctuation being so important almost need some sort of automated controls to help.

While 400's will work, I highly recommend going with the 600, you get way more output and won't want or have to upgrade from them down the road.

Hey, I tried to PM you but i think your inbox is full from your popularity :P

You are or were on probation right? What exactly happened as far as the circumstances of u using on probation? Also what county are u on probation in and what judge and probation officer do you have?

I meet with the judge in my area the 19th to file a motion to allow medical use on probation and i want to have as much supporting info as possible thanks alot!

Hey, I tried to PM you but i think your inbox is full from your popularity :P

You are or were on probation right? What exactly happened as far as the circumstances of u using on probation? Also what county are u on probation in and what judge and probation officer do you have?

I meet with the judge in my area the 19th to file a motion to allow medical use on probation and i want to have as much supporting info as possible thanks alot!

Hey sorry, its cleared now and Today is actually the first day off probation in a long time for me!! :lol: I was on probation in wayne county, city of livonia, my judge was kavanaugh and my charges were possession of marijuana and paraphernilia. When I was sentenced it was the same day as my doc appointment so I took a plea bargain for moneys sake of 9 months probation under the circumstance they review my card status when its achieved. Upon 21 days of paperwork I got clearance from my p.o to smoke and that I would still be taking drug tests but they wouldn't violate me for thc. So I failed 2 drug tests and they tried to violate me twice. I went infront of the judge and stood my ground explaining my actions were solely based upon the approval of my probation officer and that I felt it was better for me to use medical marijuana then continue on pain killers and muscle relaxers. After hours of battling with the head of the department in front of the judge the judge granted me permission to smoke marijuana under the circumstance that I continue drug tests and do not fail for any other possible substance, even my prescribed drugs.

• 1 month later...

So do you guys use a separate tent for vegging also, or do you veg in a common area and use 1 tent for flowering, or do most of you use separate tents (that use tents)?

OK, it looks like separate is better so two tents, but should they be the same size or don't you need more room for flowering?

Archived