Heat Questions

mudshow

I was hoping for a little advice. If I have 4 1000 watters in a basement, how would I best control heat?

Most basements don't allow you a big enough window for ac. I am concerned about setting up. My first place to grow was not the best choice, it was the only choice and I need to figure out the heat thing before I move.

Should I have 2 areas with 2 1k lights? All ideas welcome. Thank You.

You can run all 4 in one line using a 500 cfm fan just vent it out a basement window outside of that theres going to be major heat issues if your venting directly back into the same area the fans drawing from its own heat source (the lamps).

Thanks, that makes sense, now what about the nosy landlord? Or Neighbors and smell?

Thanks, that makes sense, now what about the nosy landlord? Or Neighbors and smell?

Landlords have the right to allow you to grow or not so thats a wiild card but as far as the smell goes get a canister filter and place It first then ducting up to the hood hoods daisy chained then have your 500+ cfm inline fan pulling the air through the aircooled hoods and then pushing the air out the basement window .

I run 4 in bloom all vented, room was vented too till I went sealed and with co2. You do not need a window for a a/c unit as you can build a box for the back of them and vent the heat out of the room. If sealed then you'll have to run a dehumidifier too. When just vented I used a 6 inch vortex for the lights and one from room venting and drew the new air from outside the room area and a diffrent part of the basement. Temps ran around 78 degrees in the winter but got a tad warm(85) in the summer. Light vents out basement window still and is sealed so it dont suck out my co2 but the room venting went out the chimmy and was pulled threw a large carbon filter. No smell issue that way. With sealed now I use the room venting fans and carbon filter to scrub the air inside the garden. I have no smell issue that way either. Pm me if ya want links to the a/c box and how to make one or my grow journals and my set-up. I run all xxxl vented hoods in bloom and a bare 1000 watter in veg.Hope this helps.........

Archived