California Med's In Mi Need To Stop!

Surfergirl

Guest Happy Guy

Actually the logic used is that they didn't want anyone to have grow rights, period. They wanted all distribution to be done through dispensaries. They want a dispensary to have control of who gets what and when, just like a pharmacy so that the government could regulate it. The government can't regulate what it doesn't know exists, like someone transferring 5 oz in a car behind a walmart. They added in the "you can grow your own if there is no dispensary within 25 miles" so that no one was left behind, and they figured traveling more than 25 miles for a sick or disabled person would be asking too much.

Now is that true, who knows. But that's how they said it was crafted.

I do want to be clear. My township was trying to make it so you couldn't grow your own, and had to be in a commercial building, etc etc, basically forcing EVERY CG in the township to be a dispensary. And to do this they were trying to make growing at your home against their ordinance, fines, etc. Even after posting asking for help on this site numerous times, my wife and I alone had to go and fight with the township to stop it. Only a handful of people even commented on how I could convince them to stop.

And so far we were successful, however we have had almost no support from this community. I don't care if my township allows dispensaries, but I AM currently fighting tooth and nail to prevent them from disallowing home grows. They aren't done, they have just extended the moratorium and sent the ordinance back to the planning commission. I am fighting the good fight, trying to keep our law legal in my township. Like I said, they can allow or disallow dispensaries, I really don't care. However I will not stand by idly and watch them strip my rights to grow in my own home.

I do not support stripping our law in one bit. I am not trying to say anything bad about the MMMA or the community, I am just pointing out that in really real life, I am fighting for exactly what you are saying we should have, grow rights, the only difference is I am not fighting against the dispensary. And I am doing it alone, putting my face in public, admitting to growing in my home, and I assume at some point I am going to have to have a few of the township board members in my house to see it which scares the crap outta me.

Take CA for example. They have more dispensaries than gas stations it seems in some places. It is a problem out there, yet if you have a card, you can grow your own. It is possible to have both. And as long as you and I can stand together, and tell the politicians that we won't allow them to take our grow rights, regardless of dispensary laws, we will win. If we get so upset at each other that we can't stand on that common ground, we will lose.

Happy Guy, you and I only differ in a few areas of opinion, and we are both stubborn and very opinionated about it, however I do recognize, and I hope you do as well, that we are common in some opinions and overall have the best interest of the patients in mind. Just we differ as to what the best interests are sometimes. Overall, I want to expand the rights, not strip any of them.

Cedar

We have the same goals. We do not have the same experiences. My experiences have pointed to the dispensary interests themselves attacking our grow rights. These experiences have formed a hardened shell that will not be broken by any kind words or small acts of contrition by the dispensary interests. I understand that all dispensaries might not be the same. I know that the ones paying the lobbyists, and leading the way, are trying to be the only source for medical cannabis anywhere the law allows it, and some places it does not. I will never believe that dispensaries are not trying to stop my grow so they can make me and my patients buy from them.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Greedy caregivers. That's the impetus for this topic. Have we all forgotten the purpose of this law? Well it didn't pass with 63% so that growers could get wealthy. The intent was compassion.

Shame on those who would artificially inflate the price of meds. California grown cannabis is by far more superior in quality and price than anything I have seen grown in Michigan.

Those who would like to earn a fortune growing cannabis in Michigan should ltearn how to grow larger and better crop. Until then quit your whining. This is a law of compassion written for those suffering from physical afflictions.

Greedy caregivers. That's the impetus for this topic. Have we all forgotten the purpose of this law? Well it didn't pass with 63% so that growers could get wealthy. The intent was compassion.

Shame on those who would artificially inflate the price of meds. California grown cannabis is by far more superior in quality and price than anything I have seen grown in Michigan.

Those who would like to earn a fortune growing cannabis in Michigan should ltearn how to grow larger and better crop. Until then quit your whining. This is a law of compassion written for those suffering from physical afflictions.

Give it a rest Frank! If you want Cali meds move to Cali..wait...do you own a dispensary? I am tired of hearing this BS. and that's all it is just BS. IMHO, if patients loose their ability to grow their own medicine the blame will be on the shoulders of dispensaries. MI has and will for many years to come, have some of the best caregivers/growers in the country. PLEASE STOP YOUR BS And as this site suggests, boycott any dispensary "selling" oh the dispensaries say "transferring" , Cali or Colorado meds.

• 2 weeks later...

Give it a rest Frank! If you want Cali meds move to Cali..wait...do you own a dispensary? I am tired of hearing this BS. and that's all it is just BS. IMHO, if patients loose their ability to grow their own medicine the blame will be on the shoulders of dispensaries. MI has and will for many years to come, have some of the best caregivers/growers in the country. PLEASE STOP YOUR BS And as this site suggests, boycott any dispensary "selling" oh the dispensaries say "transferring" , Cali or Colorado meds.

Dear Richard,

I will start by informing you that my name is not Frank.

So, Richard, what do you do with your overages? Do you hoard them? I can read the headline now,"Medical marijuana grower busted with pounds of pot." What would that do for advancing the movements agenda? Well, maybe you sell them to other registered patients. If that's the case, then you are a dispensary and you should stop because," if patients loose their ability to grow their own medicine the blame will be on the shoulders of dispensaries." Can you see where this is going? Let me help. Where are patients, who are unable to grow and don't have a caregiver, supposed to get their meds? Does anyone have an answer? If one cannot see the neccessity for the dispensaries, then one is stubborn. Oh wait, Richard said boycott dispensaries selling Cali meds, he only has an issue with these dispensaries. Oh darn, I'm confused, he will blame all dispensaries if this law tanks and patients lose their ability to grow.

Richard you have failed to post a cohesive arguement. Your post is filled with emotional innuendo. You may try again or remain silent.

Archived