California Med's In Mi Need To Stop!

Surfergirl

the prices never fluctuate at the dispensary's. 20g/50eight, 25g/60eight have been the prices since the beginning. if they are importing for the good of the patient where is the discount? if you can import for 100oz less than local prices why not pass on the savings. its bull to say its for the patients. it is hurting Michigan. Oh yeah, ITS ILLEGAL TOO, on the federal level. maybe the huge markup is to cover legal fees. Crossing state lines with huge shipments will result in several felonies and damage the foundation of our law.

going to a MACC dispensery is no better than buying from the streets. the meds not within the law. your paying a criminal an inflated price and encouraging more to break federal laws

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the prices never fluctuate at the dispensary's.

That's not what I've been seeing. I've seen a lot of meds that were selling for 25/gm six months ago sell for $15/gm.

Those that didn't lower their prices, simply didn't sell much.

Right after the fall harvest, the dispensaries were taking less and less of the overages being offered to them. They were overstocked with a greatly reduced foot traffic. Prices had to drop just to get rid of this overstock.

I presume that you don't go to any dispensaries on a regular basis. So you probably were not aware of what took place.

A good harvest in Michigan is a inoculation against imports. As long as quality is high. If everyone has it, no one will be buying.

Overgrow ..

Any decent sized restaurant will have to make 3x what they paid for their product. Lots of that profit goes to pay employees, electric, gas, water, and other overhead costs..

The spenses.. They have fewer overheads, but they are slightly different and one can easily be more costly! Take the overhead of needing a lawyer on hand then the employees, electric, gas (for heat), and water (so they can flush the toilet and wash their hands)..

The overheads are different but they probably add up to around the same. Don't forget about the city ordinance fees or zoning fees or whatever else goes into having a storefront.. And if you pick a chain name, LOOK OUT! lol

I personally wouldn't operate a spense under my name unless I was making 1000% profit. Not worth it to me, too much risk when LEO can bust in and steal everything!

you might want to consider another profession

Sorry, it is unfair competition to growers staying within the law. California and Colorado, as well as other states, have regulations that protect very different behavior than Michigan. Fundamentally, their laws change the legal scale of growing for the entirety of their patient and caregiver population, as well as the municipalities that have protected special rights for certain individuals. When they dump the overage that they seem to be allowed to create under their laws in our state, it keeps the retail prices high in their state, and nets them loads of extra untraceable Michigan cash. Headstart states are in an incredible position to exploit our market conditions.

Staying within which law? Federal? It is against the law to ship cannabis from one state to another. But that's federal law. And federal law says that growing any at all is illegal. No matter where it is grown. Shipped or not.

It is disturbing to me that there seems to be a hint of a desire for federal law to be enforced here.

There is nothing in our mmj law that says where a patient or caregiver is allowed to acquire meds from. I believe there is nothing in our state drug laws that forbids importation from other states.

All federal law.

Then the outdoor harvest hit, pushing prices through the floor. Much of ours was harvested early and of poor genetic quality, which allowed the largest ever California and Colorado harvests to eat our lunch. The same thing is going to happen again next year unless we fix some things.

This is not a "union" stance. Much of what I saw coming in from out-of-state was truly very low quality medication, and knowing next-to-nothing about where your medicine comes from is a recipe for poisoning people, in my opinion.

Additionally, in many cases, dispensary owners used their lower prices to extract higher profits rather than lowering the patient price. These people are scum, and their behavior reflected very, very poorly on other better dispensaries.

Those that didn't lower their prices lost customers to those that did. It is difficult to get that customer flow back once you have earned a reputation for gouging customers. So when these customers go to other locations, they go for good.

Lastly, the out-of-state capitol-crawling that is going on has people pretty out of sorts. Don't tell me that playing directly in our legislature is fair competition. Attempting to steal rights from the masses while granting special rights to the elite few is the very essence of unfairness, and will gut our program leaving us with a commercial cannabis hell.

That doesn't translate into something like "every dispensary is a no good piece of slime that is ripping off every patient in the state while paying for our law to be done away with and charging fifteen times street prices for trash" and on and on ..

Are there people that would like to do away with our law? Yes there are.

Do these same people want our community to help do so? Sure .. "they" hope to con "us" into giving away our rights.

Was there an attempt to grab all the growing in the state? Sure was .. Where is the Kuipers bill now? Going nowhere. Who tried to make that grab? Someone from CO or CA? No .. It was an attempted grab from the right wing side of Michigan.

Just because someone is from CA or CO doesn't mean that they want to trash our law.

And just because someone is from Michigan doesn't mean they will not try to trash the law.

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cares.

Dont buy cali weed if you dont want cali weed. Quit your griping.

America is supposed to be a 'free market'.

The consumer is left with the choice whether the product is worth the value or not.

This thread is pointless.

Any decent sized restaurant will have to make 3x what they paid for their product. Lots of that profit goes to pay employees, electric, gas, water, and other overhead costs..

The spenses.. They have fewer overheads, but they are slightly different and one can easily be more costly! Take the overhead of needing a lawyer on hand then the employees, electric, gas (for heat), and water (so they can flush the toilet and wash their hands)..

The overheads are different but they probably add up to around the same. Don't forget about the city ordinance fees or zoning fees or whatever else goes into having a storefront.. And if you pick a chain name, LOOK OUT! lol

I personally wouldn't operate a spense under my name unless I was making 1000% profit. Not worth it to me, too much risk when LEO can bust in and steal everything!

im talking profit after over head you cant run a business any other way! 35 to 50% profit after costs!!!

Just had to make sure you under stood, these are robbers, they could still have a good lawyer fund at that profit!

I have always worked for myself either thru me (getting my own work) or other large companys subcontracting to me, I know what it takes to run a business, do you actualy think I ment 35% proffit before all expenses?

Peace

FTW

Jim

I used a pizza place as an example, they are prob the most profitable in restuarants!

Sorry, it is unfair competition to growers staying within the law. California and Colorado, as well as other states, have regulations that protect very different behavior than Michigan. Fundamentally, their laws change the legal scale of growing for the entirety of their patient and caregiver population, as well as the municipalities that have protected special rights for certain individuals. When they dump the overage that they seem to be allowed to create under their laws in our state, it keeps the retail prices high in their state, and nets them loads of extra untraceable Michigan cash. Headstart states are in an incredible position to exploit our market conditions.

The real problem is much more complicated.

When we started this endeavor two years ago, there were people roaming our state with lots of overages unabashedly from other states. Since the patient population exploded so quickly, our dispensaries were easy prey for this type of vendor, who would typically charge 300-350 per ounce, sometimes higher if they knew you were dry.

LongHairBri, these are the days you could get 300-350 for your crop. They were just happy they weren't being taken advantage of, and of course proper home grown was substantially better than the tumbled, fertilizer laden stuff that actually made it here most of the time. This behavior set the prices at 25-35 per gram because of overhead.

Well, patients revolted, pushing dispensary owners to aggressively seek lower-priced, higher quality medicine. Guess where it was coming from? I actually sat in on early conversations with people who contemplated setting up grows in Montana to supply dispensaries here! Finding out-of-state sources in the 2500-3500 per pound range allowed dispensary prices to drop a couple of notches, and the pricing pressure created caused the crop price for local growers to drop to the current 200-250, which translates to the 15-20 per gram we see in most dispensaries today.

Then the outdoor harvest hit, pushing prices through the floor. Much of ours was harvested early and of poor genetic quality, which allowed the largest ever California and Colorado harvests to eat our lunch. The same thing is going to happen again next year unless we fix some things.

This is not a "union" stance. Much of what I saw coming in from out-of-state was truly very low quality medication, and knowing next-to-nothing about where your medicine comes from is a recipe for poisoning people, in my opinion.

Additionally, in many cases, dispensary owners used their lower prices to extract higher profits rather than lowering the patient price. These people are scum, and their behavior reflected very, very poorly on other better dispensaries.

Lastly, the out-of-state capitol-crawling that is going on has people pretty out of sorts. Don't tell me that playing directly in our legislature is fair competition. Attempting to steal rights from the masses while granting special rights to the elite few is the very essence of unfairness, and will gut our program leaving us with a commercial cannabis hell.

Are you going to tell me you never smoke weed before you became legal as a patient? I did and I did all my life, allthough after my accident I wasnt smoking as much as i was selling! so I made good profit from cali weed! and it was going for 900 an lb no one had much better than me around, in fact the peeps i was getting from started to get from me because my prices were lower and my quality was outstanding, OUTSTANDING! now just becuase i used before i was legal to do so does that make me a criminal today! nope I didint get caught, only by the grace of god and me being aware of people i had dealings with,,,when i even thought there mite be a chink in my chain i quit and cleaned up the house! sometimes i would have to stop for months before the idiot in the chain got cuaght and was out of business(injail) than id start back up again, if any one i dealt with did any kind of dealings with young people they were not getting from me! and no one ever knew my connections or anything about where i kept my product,

so yea i was a dealer of many things, weed. houses, cocaine, pcp, blotter, window pain, but im not into any of that stuff today, i happen to be one of the people that just out grew a few things, and when i got taken off of my meds abruptly, i listened to some people and tried weed for pain and not just pleasure, and to my surprise it has had many benifitial things happen to my ailments or to control them better, and im not afraid of being taken off of my meds now! I almost died coming off of methadone and xanax! yea 12 yrs of first abusing than the last few yrs only doing as directed, it was scary! that almost dying thing has changed my life for ever in many ways!

I know we have this mm law now, and im thankful for it (sometimes) I think it should be legal for any one of voting age!

as far as getting weed from cali, whats the prob? untill we as a state can produce as well as them it only helps to get better meds, but as i said, i dont need the imports, I may hit a small dry spell here and there, but not like i used to yrs and yrs ago, I dont believe I have been w/o at least a lil stash in 20 yrs!

Peace

and lets realy FREE THE WEED!

Jim

some one sent me some info on an iran auto flower that realy isnt, you can clone it and it does flower fast, but it can rebirth itself realy fast anywhere we plant it, if we had buds and seeds like that available for free in a few yrs in every county in michigan, it would be free!!!! come on now wouldnt it be sweet to go budd picking the same time you were blue or black berry picking? I have some awsom patches of both now i need to add the budds every where, i cant do it alone, so when you get seeds plant them, even bag seed will be better than no seeds or budd to pick in the late summer and fall, once again its free to dream!

I'd NEVER spend a dime in one of those places.....besides the fact the owners are hooked with the doc's who got connections in the states just passed. I've seen the colorado bud and edibles also... The SAD thing is there is no compassion from these establishments :thumbsd: I mean at least theres a lot less going to the mexican cartel, but as others have indicated already that the money is not STAYING HERE. But until we overgrow the demand it probably wont change :thumbsd:

Man Im hearing this more and more each day...

straight from CALI.........moo poo.

How legally anyway is a dispencery going to sell Cali pot...

that wasnt grown in Mi ?

Im sure thats wasnt in the law.

If you own a dispencery in Mi and are selling Cali pot....

you are a crook and should be n jail.

As well as stand to mess up this programn for those who are not crooks

or dope dealers!

Something should be done.....BUY MI...SUPPORT MI!

drop your prices i donate all mine for 2 :jipo: nomatter what so i hope califonia prices drive out all the overpriced caregivers.

This is not a simple issue. The dispensaries, as peanutbutter said, are mostly doing the best they can at an impossible task under our law. The caregivers of this state are making it harder by being just as poor as the patients!

Peanutbutter, I am not talking about federal law here. We know what's up with that. California and Colorado live under different LOCAL regulations and protections than we do which allows them to pull off the trifecta of exploitation: higher prices in their state, undercutting local growers in other states, and the suction of hard-earned advocacy funds from our people for, basically, rolling us under the bus at the last possible moment.

Thanks ..

You may have noticed that when someone makes a false claim about what our mmj law says, I start seeing red.

"It's illegal" .. Now you're talking about the letter of the law. There is nothing in our mmj or CSA laws that make it illegal to import meds from CA or CO. There is nothing in the state laws of those states that say it's illegal to export meds to another state.

The reason? Simple. That's federal turf.

Those that yell about such things being illegal are talking about, or maybe even wishing for, the enforcement of federal law.

So would those cheering for the enforcement of federal marijuana laws kindly get the f**k out of here?

Those that WISH that the Michigan mmj law forbids importation, kindly stop trying to invent new sections of this law.

There IS something that is going on behind the scenes. Something ugly.

Our law is being attacked by consumers of alcohol. People who use cannabis, if at all, only for the purpose of the high. Not the medicine. Their understanding is clouded by their lack of understanding of the purpose of MEDICAL cannabis use.

Because they only understand getting drunk, they figure that every mmj patient is only interested in getting drunk on "pot." If you look at the language of Jones #17 you see it. If you look at Kuipers proposed law, you see it there also.

There has been NOTHING in these proposed laws that indicates anything about the medicine. NOTHING.

These large commercial grows proposed by Kuipers would destroy the medical abilities of the cannabis produced. After all, it's only about getting high .. right? NOT.

But that's all "they" understand. The "getting high" part.

The majority of the mmj community also thinks that way. That the "get high" part is the only thing that matters.

If the "get high" part is the only thing that matters, then we could all just eat marinol.

And that's how MEDICAL marijuana is viewed by most people. Even by those here.

In case you haven't noticed, my oil doesn't produce a THC "high." So it doesn't make sense to a lot of folks. It makes even less sense to those who have alcohol as their drug of choice.

Those who only understand the "get high" part include those fighting for complete legalization. Some of those folks have hitched a ride on the mmj train and are trying to "fix" our law in their desired direction. I'm completely in favor of legalization. Just not at the expense of the medical applications.

Bottom line .. don't trust alcohol consumers. That is, those that prefer alcohol. That drug twists perceptions.

If these folks were actually interested in the medical aspect of marijuana, why has no one proposed research facilities and human testing be protected? There's no wind in those sails. No one in these regulation fights even begins to suggest such a thing. It's not on the radar screen at all.

It's a farce. Both sides in these behind the door talks are only aware of the "get high" part of cannabis.

No thought is being given at all about the medicine. None at all.

Staying within which law? Federal? It is against the law to ship cannabis from one state to another. But that's federal law. And federal law says that growing any at all is illegal. No matter where it is grown. Shipped or not.

It is disturbing to me that there seems to be a hint of a desire for federal law to be enforced here.

There is nothing in our mmj law that says where a patient or caregiver is allowed to acquire meds from. I believe there is nothing in our state drug laws that forbids importation from other states.

All federal law.

Those that didn't lower their prices lost customers to those that did. It is difficult to get that customer flow back once you have earned a reputation for gouging customers. So when these customers go to other locations, they go for good.

That doesn't translate into something like "every dispensary is a no good piece of slime that is ripping off every patient in the state while paying for our law to be done away with and charging fifteen times street prices for trash" and on and on ..

Are there people that would like to do away with our law? Yes there are.

Do these same people want our community to help do so? Sure .. "they" hope to con "us" into giving away our rights.

Was there an attempt to grab all the growing in the state? Sure was .. Where is the Kuipers bill now? Going nowhere. Who tried to make that grab? Someone from CO or CA? No .. It was an attempted grab from the right wing side of Michigan.

Just because someone is from CA or CO doesn't mean that they want to trash our law.

And just because someone is from Michigan doesn't mean they will not try to trash the law.

does any one know the name Wolfie

Thanks ..

You may have noticed that when someone makes a false claim about what our mmj law says, I start seeing red.

"It's illegal" .. Now you're talking about the letter of the law. There is nothing in our mmj or CSA laws that make it illegal to import meds from CA or CO. There is nothing in the state laws of those states that say it's illegal to export meds to another state.

The reason? Simple. That's federal turf.

Those that yell about such things being illegal are talking about, or maybe even wishing for, the enforcement of federal law.

So would those cheering for the enforcement of federal marijuana laws kindly get the f**k out of here?

Those that WISH that the Michigan mmj law forbids importation, kindly stop trying to invent new sections of this law.

There IS something that is going on behind the scenes. Something ugly.

Our law is being attacked by consumers of alcohol. People who use cannabis, if at all, only for the purpose of the high. Not the medicine. Their understanding is clouded by their lack of understanding of the purpose of MEDICAL cannabis use.

Because they only understand getting drunk, they figure that every mmj patient is only interested in getting drunk on "pot." If you look at the language of Jones #17 you see it. If you look at Kuipers proposed law, you see it there also.

There has been NOTHING in these proposed laws that indicates anything about the medicine. NOTHING.

These large commercial grows proposed by Kuipers would destroy the medical abilities of the cannabis produced. After all, it's only about getting high .. right? NOT.

But that's all "they" understand. The "getting high" part.

The majority of the mmj community also thinks that way. That the "get high" part is the only thing that matters.

If the "get high" part is the only thing that matters, then we could all just eat marinol.

And that's how MEDICAL marijuana is viewed by most people. Even by those here.

In case you haven't noticed, my oil doesn't produce a THC "high." So it doesn't make sense to a lot of folks. It makes even less sense to those who have alcohol as their drug of choice.

Those who only understand the "get high" part include those fighting for complete legalization. Some of those folks have hitched a ride on the mmj train and are trying to "fix" our law in their desired direction. I'm completely in favor of legalization. Just not at the expense of the medical applications.

Bottom line .. don't trust alcohol consumers. That is, those that prefer alcohol. That drug twists perceptions.

If these folks were actually interested in the medical aspect of marijuana, why has no one proposed research facilities and human testing be protected? There's no wind in those sails. No one in these regulation fights even begins to suggest such a thing. It's not on the radar screen at all.

It's a farce. Both sides in these behind the door talks are only aware of the "get high" part of cannabis.

No thought is being given at all about the medicine. None at all.

Im gonna say the same thing about c.c clubs and all the court cases(celebrations after) and everything the mm community does, why do we celebrate a victory with using extra meds that day? TO GET HIGH! JUST LIKE A DRUNK CELEBRATES! sometimes the truth hurts!

When we visit our c.g or he vistits us do we sit and burn one to be polite and converse?

Id go so far as to say 90 % of legal mm patients used weed before they became legal!

There is always gonna be people who break the law all laws! what everyone that is worried needs to do is tend to your own business and dont worry about others! the law breakers will get caught and are! nothing will change there even if it was flat out legal there would be rules and some people just live to break rules!

Peace and lets not get on our high horses here!

FREE THE WEED!

Jim

The truth is that he has shown immense courage by coming forward. The MACC must at this point realize it has been betrayed. It's leaders are being raided and arrested weekly. Soon the real fun will start. The Grand Jury will return indictments and this crew will be facing life imprisonment and the loss of all their property. Let's see how long it takes for them to flip on each other.

A meeting to discuss growing weed in Montana for importation into Michigan. Sounds like Ricco to me. Good look with your free commerce arguments in Federal Court. We'll send you Snowballs and Cigarettes to help you maintain your dignity.

Here's a list of MACC Compassion Centers To Boycott;

3rd Coast (Ypsilanti)

Big Daddy's (Oak Park + 3-4 locations)

Blue Water (3 locations)

Om of Medicine (Ann Arbor)

MedMar (Ann Arbor, Chuck Ream's place)

Green Bee Collective (Ann Arbor)

Capitol City Caregivers (Lansing, Ryan Basore's place)

Bay Area Herbal Clinic (Pinconning)

Pure Arbor (Kalamazoo, Chris Child's place)

Purple Haze (Waterford)

Thanks, Bb

Do Not Take This Post The Wrong Way

IMO

People will say anything to get less time inn Jail i know the 3rd cost and big daddy's i mean i go their and they have helped us more then one time

i do not know their business as what they do or how they do to get the Meds that people want/need

and am not a member of MACC

and i do know Rick Thomson and i don't think he is involved inn the 41lb's he does know Randy as i do and lots of others here and we know how the news papers are at least the Oakland press is i guess am trying to say Wait till it go's to court if it even does i heard that the Raid at big daddy's was not done right as far as Leo said no one was arested

They are not our friend Bob. Tim Beck, their political henchman is in Lansing selling us out. We have eye witnesses concerning importation and conspiracy to grow and import into Michigan. We are not depending on the Oakland Press. We are fighting for our lives. The criminal thing needs to stop now! We will loose if there is any criminal activity in our community. I am one person. If you folks are lukewarm going into this fight, we get our butts handed to us. Boycott these criminals. Thanks, bb

i do not buy Meds from them or any of them we don't have the money for that if that helps and am sure you know more about Lansing then i or most here

why is MACC helping us with the DEA thing are their names on the Raid that the DEA wants you think

i don't no

If you read the brief filed by Jesse Williams, it states that they are convinced they are the target of the search warrant. Had they not pushed so hard to expand their rights, our rights would not be being taken away from us. Thanks, Bb

I believe this, too.

If I meet any pt's I'll ask them if they know where their meds come from and try to explain what's going on. If I can get any to make sure they us MI cannabis, that'll help the cause. It's an idea we all could work on. There's prob'ly a lot of pt's who have no idea what they're getting or where it comes from. They might know if it's a sativa or indica but that's all, and if it's organic or hydro, etc., but that's all. Patients need to know what they're getting and shouldn't be afraid to ask where the seeds or clones came from. Like anything we see, hear, and use, Knowledge Is Power.

geesh, we get a law passed by The People, but have to keep fighting to keep it. What's wrong with this picture? No need to answer unless you really wanna.

Sb

Man Im hearing this more and more each day...

straight from CALI.........moo poo.

How legally anyway is a dispencery going to sell Cali pot...

that wasnt grown in Mi ?

Im sure thats wasnt in the law.

If you own a dispencery in Mi and are selling Cali pot....

you are a crook and should be n jail.

As well as stand to mess up this programn for those who are not crooks

or dope dealers!

Something should be done.....BUY MI...SUPPORT MI!

Buy LOCAL..from patients that are compassionate and reasonable about how they price their meds, not above the black market that is simply unacceptable to charge over 60 for an eigth or 100 for a quarter that to me is not fair. Or over 350 for true high quality.

While I agree with you about the contamination problem-I dare say-Do you really think that the Meds from Colo-or Cali-are NOT contaminated?? Many of them are Large outside grows--NO bugs/no hair/no pesticides-LOLOL--I highly doubt it. I am under the understanding that Dispensaries are illegial in MI-Also since we do have this website& a Patient to patient transfer forum--with plenty of meds available--It seems to be Patients choice--Patients will chose to pay top dollar at the dispensary YET try to barter a Patient to Patient transfer--reminds me of Detroiters buying foriegn cars-I just don't get it-As for those meds being better than MI meds--some might be & some r not-I have paid Top Dollar for What looked like meds but did Nothing-& yes they were clearly NOT mi grown meds. As for me--I will stay true to MI & use MI meds.

So it comes down to this IMO..

A dispensary could either settle for sub-par meds or obtain high quality meds from an outsource for the same price or cheaper...

Which would you do as an owner?

or

Which would you prefer as a patient?

When supply doesn't keep up with demand this is what happens too.. We have enough CG's in MI and yet we need to outsource.. I don't get it!

What could be the causes:

a.) A+ meds being sold to non-patients. This can cause an outsourcing as their won't be enough meds for ACTUAL patients. I am not saying this is whats happening, but a possibility none-the-less.

The fix: Sell meds to patients only!

b.) High prices for b+ meds. Sub-par. I've seen meds with fibers stuck in the buds, hairs, and I even found a piece of aluminum foil buried in a bud once.

The fix: Don't worry so much about quantity. Worry about QUALITY! Keep your room clean and do your best to keep your prices down as well. Wear a hair net! There are chemicals in shampoos, conditioners, gels, and sprays.. I don't want that in my meds! Perhaps a zip up suit to keep fibers from your clothes from entering the room.. And yes, even latex gloves (non-powder coated).. Knuckle hairs fall off all the time! Eliminating possibility of contamination is the only way to achieve A+ meds! I don't care how strong the buds are, if there are human, dog, or cat hairs I don't want it. I would rather buy Cali or Colo meds!

So do I see outsourcing as necessary? NO! Absolutely not!

But hopefully it will force the quality to go up and the prices to come down!

Just my three cents

c.)

I believe this, too.

If I meet any pt's I'll ask them if they know where their meds come from and try to explain what's going on. If I can get any to make sure they us MI cannabis, that'll help the cause. It's an idea we all could work on. There's prob'ly a lot of pt's who have no idea what they're getting or where it comes from. They might know if it's a sativa or indica but that's all, and if it's organic or hydro, etc., but that's all. Patients need to know what they're getting and shouldn't be afraid to ask where the seeds or clones came from. Like anything we see, hear, and use, Knowledge Is Power.

geesh, we get a law passed by The People, but have to keep fighting to keep it. What's wrong with this picture? No need to answer unless you really wanna.

Sb

Does anyone here really believe that if we get rid of every dispensary in Michigan the DEA will go home?

That's silly .. The federal government will look at the overall picture and step in where they will have the most impact. They will have "x" number of cases no matter what. They have an agenda .. that being to keep the law in Michigan as useless as possible.

The federal government is who decided to invade Michigan to nullify our law as well as they can.

Those folks running dispensaries did NOT set out to go to prison. The DEA does.

Right now, the first target of the DEA is anyone that MIGHT has the financial abilities to defend themselves. Once they eliminate the ability of our community to defend ourselves, they will then go after those that don't have that ability.

All of this trashing of the dispensaries is helping the DEA. That is their agenda. Please stop helping them.

Does anyone here really believe that if we get rid of every dispensary in Michigan the DEA will go home? NO

That's silly .. The federal government will look at the overall picture and step in where they will have the most impact. They will have "x" number of cases no matter what. They have an agenda .. that being to keep the law in Michigan as useless as possible.

The federal government is who decided to invade Michigan to nullify our law as well as they can.

Those folks running dispensaries did NOT set out to go to prison. The DEA does.your right again

Right now, the first target of the DEA is anyone that MIGHT has the financial abilities to defend themselves. Once they eliminate the ability of our community to defend ourselves, they will then go after those that don't have that ability.

All of this trashing of the dispensaries is helping the DEA. That is their agenda. Please stop helping them.

Thanks

Hmmm, defensive. I will ponder that.

I did not go out of my way to befriend these people. They are the people that came into the movement at the same time as I did. They are the people that were in the movement when I came in. Most of them had been there long before I came, but some of them helped me search and discover for myself, including you. These conversations, hours and hours of them, helped me come to the understanding I have today, and while it may seem to you that I waffle, I guess, my position may just be slightly more nuanced than my ability to communicate it. I have been loyal to the MMMA from day one.

Keep in mind that I am still not anti-dispensary. Every dispensary owner I personally know and rub shoulders with has a story, a good one, about why they are doing it, and none of them are greed. I will not buy from one and I will not support MACC, but I will help them and talk to them, and I want the ones that are doing the right things for patients to succeed in their businesses and be safe. Both the patients that use them and the people that own them are protected under the law if they are working within the law, in my opinion. And nobody truly facilitating medical use should be open to continued systemic abuse.

But there is lots of confusion about what is best for patients. There is lots of confusion about our perspective being unionist or the like. Some groups are even starting to paint us as tea partiers. I don't think it is that at all.

I think one set of people in this movement sees additional regulation as inevitable if medical cannabis is normalized. Many of those people would like to fast forward to the point in time where all the behaviors we think are good and decent are protected by law. Some of these are being led into a trap by MACC and their contingencies will be coopted to help the legislature build "consensus."

What I have realized is that any win achieved while we are this weak in the People's program will doom us to many steps back while the commercial contingent will jump ahead by leaps and bounds.

I am pretty sure you don't disagree, and are probably glad I am saying many of these things openly. Why are you being so hostile to me? I really believe this is the first defensive post I have made.

I kinda considered the others offensive ;-)

Which post was defensive? Im realy confused. If you were totaly speaking to me, I did not take it to be defensive, in fact I agree with just about everything you said!

I like your thinking and I like how you put your words together, mine just kinda come out, and i cant keep up with them on my keyboard and i know how to type lol!

as far as dispenses go, I say have at it, im done though, im not taking any more unnessicary chances, if my c.g chooses to and gets caught I will find another!

Id like to see places to purchase smoke every where! it dont mean im gonna use em! Im not against em, and im not for high prices, but if people want to pay high prices for thier medication so be it!

I know me personaly with peeps i have dealt with all my life, I would get the higher priced everytime, cause its better and lasts longer and taistes better, and its better meds and better for just chillin!

;)

Peace

FTW

Jim

I am glad this topic is important - you can tell by all the heavy hitters that replied.

1. I am not ruling out a 'dispensary' - the city of ferndale has embraced one in their city.

I do wish that a michigan dispensary would be 100% michigan - and not attract DEA attention by buying multikilo out of state shipments and cash being sent back. A dispensary can be a place for a new patient to get information, meds right away, and meet other patients.

2. We need to grow outdoors. It is not the quality that is the issue - be honest - the real issue is outdoor grown meds are higher yield, and cheaper to grow. Outdoor meds are NOT better than proper indoor meds, you just get more and you didn't pay for electricity. Outdoor meds can appear washed out due to sun and rain, they can have insects and other plant material (its outside stupid), and since the owner is trying to pack up the meds for export - it can be bricked, and even packed up too wet.

If we grew our own outdoor meds - we too can offer $1400 lbs - $85 oz. We had our own out door crop market - if you travelled around like I do, you could have seen the 50+ plants 16'+ in michigan. All the plants were pretty much owned or presold by harvest. We just needed more crops like this.

This is the only reason a person would import meds from out of state - its cheap. Its not better, its not more convenient. It has a higher profit margin. Why not just grow the outdoor here? Same price, no interstate transpo, no multi kilos (you can re-transfer when you need it, as its local!), no hidden compartments, no massive piles of cash trying to make its way to the west coast..

3. Some dispensaries, and clubs even - are focused on the money, not the long term future of patients needed medicine. Profiteers are robbing the future patients of the right to use medical marijuana for their own short term profit. This is the UGLY face of capitalism, greed. Its akin to alcoholism, a drunk out of control - hurting everyone around them.

What will I do? I will work on outdoor grows. I will work on Cooperatives, not dispensaries. I will sacrifice my own money and even some security - for the future patients. This whole movement was not about us, it was about patients as a whole. We were supposed to be trying to balance Altruism with compassion, not figure out how to make a profit. We were supposed to be medical marijuana advocates, advocating for healthier patients, patient's rights to relief.

I will help patients find safe land to grow outdoor medicine so they can afford this new life style. What is working in Cali, Or, Co - is outdoor grows. Patients should have the option of growing their own meds, for as cheap as possible. Michigan dispensaries can profit from $1400 lbs - grown in michigan. Patients who can't work or live at 'less than substainable income' should be able to help other legal patients with a michigan dispensary. P2P all the way. $10 grams should be common for p2p, and Cgs that grow patient's meds and give back free meds.

Just take the other states out of the equation - and lets put all our effort, time, and money in to the MMMP.

I will probably be poor in cash when I die, but I know I will be rich in respect, honor, and compassion for my fellow beings. Money is not real.

-DN

I am glad this topic is important - you can tell by all the heavy hitters that replied.

1. I am not ruling out a 'dispensary' - the city of ferndale has embraced one in their city.

I do wish that a michigan dispensary would be 100% michigan - and not attract DEA attention by buying multikilo out of state shipments and cash being sent back. A dispensary can be a place for a new patient to get information, meds right away, and meet other patients.

2. We need to grow outdoors. It is not the quality that is the issue - be honest - the real issue is outdoor grown meds are higher yield, and cheaper to grow. Outdoor meds are NOT better than proper indoor meds, you just get more and you didn't pay for electricity. Outdoor meds can appear washed out due to sun and rain, they can have insects and other plant material (its outside stupid), and since the owner is trying to pack up the meds for export - it can be bricked, and even packed up too wet.

If we grew our own outdoor meds - we too can offer $1400 lbs - $85 oz. We had our own out door crop market - if you travelled around like I do, you could have seen the 50+ plants 16'+ in michigan. All the plants were pretty much owned or presold by harvest. We just needed more crops like this.

This is the only reason a person would import meds from out of state - its cheap. Its not better, its not more convenient. It has a higher profit margin. Why not just grow the outdoor here? Same price, no interstate transpo, no multi kilos (you can re-transfer when you need it, as its local!), no hidden compartments, no massive piles of cash trying to make its way to the west coast..

3. Some dispensaries, and clubs even - are focused on the money, not the long term future of patients needed medicine. Profiteers are robbing the future patients of the right to use medical marijuana for their own short term profit. This is the UGLY face of capitalism, greed. Its akin to alcoholism, a drunk out of control - hurting everyone around them.

What will I do? I will work on outdoor grows. I will work on Cooperatives, not dispensaries. I will sacrifice my own money and even some security - for the future patients. This whole movement was not about us, it was about patients as a whole. We were supposed to be trying to balance Altruism with compassion, not figure out how to make a profit. We were supposed to be medical marijuana advocates, advocating for healthier patients, patient's rights to relief.

I will help patients find safe land to grow outdoor medicine so they can afford this new life style. What is working in Cali, Or, Co - is outdoor grows. Patients should have the option of growing their own meds, for as cheap as possible. Michigan dispensaries can profit from $1400 lbs - grown in michigan. Patients who can't work or live at 'less than substainable income' should be able to help other legal patients with a michigan dispensary. P2P all the way. $10 grams should be common for p2p, and Cgs that grow patient's meds and give back free meds.

Just take the other states out of the equation - and lets put all our effort, time, and money in to the MMMP.

I will probably be poor in cash when I die, but I know I will be rich in respect, honor, and compassion for my fellow beings. Money is not real.

-DN

I may not be rich in money, but I am rich in family and love, and weed! :sword:

Peace

FTW

Jim

It is NOT the fault of dispensary folks. They are simply the easiest target for the DEA. Where these folks get their meds from does NOT matter to the DEA. Simply the existence of 41 pounds gains the attention of the DEA.

It WOULD be fair to say that overages gains the unwanted attention of the DEA. In that case there would be many of us that SHOULD gain the DEA attention. More caregivers have been raided than dispensaries.

So Michigan patients don't care about quality? There is some poorly grown outdoor material that is difficult to move no matter what the price is. While showing samples early in the harvest season, some suggested just taking all of it and burying it in a hole in the ground. Wasted efforts and genetics.

So the patients of Michigan will purchase any meds that are grown. Right. I don't know abut you, but I won't purchase trash even at $10 per oz. I'm NOT saying that Michigan outdoor is trash. That was an extreme for example.

QUALITY MATTERS And you can't talk that away.

-DN

Thanks for helping out

IMO outside grow will never happen because of the DEA and leo wont let it

now don't get me wrong i would love to o a outside grow some people were waiting for Kingpinn's case to come up and it did the C.O.A said noway

ps the city of ferndale has embraced one in their city.i dont think they are open any longer

Archived