Dr Greenthumbs G13 Hydro Medical Grow

jb32172

Just finished flush. Cut some clones and cleaned up the bottom of the plants.

Flipping to 12/12 tomorrow.

Good to hear!!!

Mine are showing a really good flowering response after fourteen days, and still have not stretched much more than about six inches so far (bushier though).

Keep a close eye on your nutrient and water levels, as mine are sucking a gallon of feed down everyday in soil. I have noticed that they are severe nitrogen hogs, and you probably should not abruptly end any nitrogen supplementation like a lot of newer growers and some old timers will do once flowering has been initiated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

hey doc, as long as you are here, I have a question for you:

I have two G-13 and two Endless Sky vegging in 4 recirculating bubble buckets and the ES seems to grow taller and develop side branching MUCH quicker than G-13. Would you say that is expected? How would you compare these two strains in terms of development and their needs?

I have two G-13 and two Endless Sky vegging in 4 recirculating bubble buckets and the ES seems to grow taller and develop side branching MUCH quicker than G-13. Would you say that is expected? How would you compare these two strains in terms of development and their needs?

His g13 came from neville, if its not growing wider then it is tall after a couple weeks you need to dial it in more. Its notorious for being a hedge.

You picked a less than optimal mix of strains to put in a recirculating system, as the two strains in particular have VERY different nutrient requirements and structural difference's. Two 24" G-13's next to each other in full flower will take up approximately five linear feet of space (plus or minus six inches), maybe more in hydro, and I would estimate about 5 or 6 square feet each. Big tomato cages would work great with both strains especially if the Endless Sky is multi-topped.

The G-13 needs a ton of nitrogen, while the Endless Sky can't take high levels of nitrogen at least initially. You are going to have to find a medium between the two and play more to the Endless Sky's requirements this round, in my opinion anyway. Until the Endless Sky reaches a good size I personally would keep your PPM's to 1000 or less (1200 PPM's would be really pushing it, imo, unless they are already doing alright at that level). Really robust ES can generally can take up to 1500 PPM's if adjusted to SLOWLY. Endless Sky is notorious for burning up if it's not acclimated slowly due to certain publications giving out misleading info.

Doc will probably say something to help you out, as this is just my experience with both strains. You picked two mighty nice strains though! I hope they perform well for you, Doc's gear is pretty much bullet poof.

You picked a less than optimal mix of strains to put in a recirculating system, as the two strains in particular have VERY different nutrient requirements and structural difference's. Two 24" G-13's next to each other in full flower will take up approximately five linear feet of space (plus or minus six inches), maybe more in hydro, and I would estimate about 5 or 6 square feet each. Big tomato cages would work great with both strains especially if the Endless Sky is multi-topped.

The G-13 needs a ton of nitrogen, while the Endless Sky can't take high levels of nitrogen at least initially. You are going to have to find a medium between the two and play more to the Endless Sky's requirements this round, in my opinion anyway. Until the Endless Sky reaches a good size I personally would keep your PPM's to 1000 or less (1200 PPM's would be really pushing it, imo, unless they are already doing alright at that level). Really robust ES can generally can take up to 1500 PPM's if adjusted to SLOWLY. Endless Sky is notorious for burning up if it's not acclimated slowly due to certain publications giving out misleading info.

Doc will probably say something to help you out, as this is just my experience with both strains. You picked two mighty nice strains though! I hope they perform well for you, Doc's gear is pretty much bullet poof.

That's some great info, porcupine! And you are dead on about the large differences between G-13 and ES. The original plan was to flower them together, but I gave up on that seeing how different they are. Instead I have cut clones off each and will be flowering those out in separate systems. The plants in images will remain as mothers. They are 50 days from seed and were topped and chopped for clones a couple days ago. I also had to twist/bend some ES branches to try and keep them down a bit.

ES on right, G-13 on left

IMG00123-20110609-1007.jpg

G-13 front, ES in back

IMG00120-20110609-1005.jpg

The ES are showing a lot more vigor with much quicker branch development and more height and bushiness. The G-13's have thicker main stems though. So far I've run them up to 1.3 EC with Canna Aqua Vega, but did see a couple of lower leafs yellowing/browning/twisting. The ES also have small brown/rust spots on a couple leaves that are in the most intense light, not the G-13. I suspect my water is too soft and I may need CalMag for the ES. Not sure...

Once again your input and Doc's (if you're watching) is appreciated. Apologies for jumping on this journal...

The ES also have small brown/rust spots on a couple leaves that are in the most intense light, not the G-13. I suspect my water is too soft and I may need CalMag for the ES. Not sure...

Once again your input and Doc's (if you're watching) is appreciated. Apologies for jumping on this journal...

I don't think jb minds as it's just info, and Endless Sky has G-13 in it's mix too so it kind of relates.

My guess would also be that it's just a Mag deficiency in the ES (remember that CalMag+ has nitrogen in it).

Looking really forward to seeing your girls jb!!!

Each room is unique but I can say this; we never use more than 800ppm for anything in soil and 400ppm in water and with nutreints tailored to our water 200ppm. We feel any/all plant can flourish with these nutrient densities, in fact the 200ppm plants grow fatser and have less issues than all the rest.

Each room is unique but I can say this; we never use more than 800ppm for anything in soil and 400ppm in water and with nutreints tailored to our water 200ppm. We feel any/all plant can flourish with these nutrient densities, in fact the 200ppm plants grow fatser and have less issues than all the rest.

Thanks doc. I'm assuming you're at .5 conversion rate, so that would put your recommendation at max 1.6 EC for soil and max 0.8 EC for water. This is quite a bit lower than all the nute manufacturers want us to use, that's for sure.

How do you know when the plants could use more nutes by looking at them? What is your opinion/experience on boosters, enzymes and additives?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived