Dearborn Charging Growers

http://www.pressandg...02411855921.txt

The ordinance requires registration with the city for any licensed caregiver who grows more than the maximum allowed for one patient, which is 12 plants. Under the 2008 law adopted by Michigan voters, a caregiver can have a maximum of 72 plants growing at a time — 12 each for up to five patients and 12 more if the caregiver also has a prescription.

The registry process would result in an annual inspection of the grow property for plumbing, electrical and security purposes. In regard to security, registrants would have to draw out site plans of where they plan to grow, and what kind of security measures are in place. Plans call for a $500 annual registration fee.

City officials say the purpose of the legislation, which got a first reading at Monday night’s City Council meeting, is to fill in some of the blanks left in the state law.

“What we decided to do is take the state laws that exist and then put it into structure for Dearborn so that we allow exactly what the state law allows and we don’t let you make your own interpretations,” Dearborn Mayor Jack O’Reilly said.

I'm concerned about how uneducated the people trying to implement the restrictions are. Especially since there are no MJ prescriptions written.

just another way to get inn your home and make some money for the city's

don't open the door when they come make them get that warrant

I particularly like the comment:

"Those systems require a tremendous amount of electricity and water usage".

Most microwave and toaster ovens use more electricity than many grow rooms. Also, they better make sure people are washing their cars and clothes in a safe and responsible way.

What tools they are.

what about people that have regular or hydroponic indoor gardens? Why are they not subject to inspection or registration? The equipment is the same, the feeding requirements are the same, the ventilation and fire suppression issues are the same, and user experience curves are the same . The only difference is the produce created. Sounds like patient discrimination

what about people that have regular or hydroponic indoor gardens? Why are they not subject to inspection or registration? The equipment is the same, the feeding requirements are the same, the ventilation and fire suppression issues are the same, and user experience curves are the same . The only difference is the produce created. Sounds like patient discrimination

I agree

http://www.pressandg...02411855921.txt

The ordinance requires registration with the city for any licensed caregiver who grows more than the maximum allowed for one patient, which is 12 plants. Under the 2008 law adopted by Michigan voters, a caregiver can have a maximum of 72 plants growing at a time — 12 each for up to five patients and 12 more if the caregiver also has a prescription.

The registry process would result in an annual inspection of the grow property for plumbing, electrical and security purposes. In regard to security, registrants would have to draw out site plans of where they plan to grow, and what kind of security measures are in place. Plans call for a $500 annual registration fee.

City officials say the purpose of the legislation, which got a first reading at Monday night’s City Council meeting, is to fill in some of the blanks left in the state law.

“What we decided to do is take the state laws that exist and then put it into structure for Dearborn so that we allow exactly what the state law allows and we don’t let you make your own interpretations,” Dearborn Mayor Jack O’Reilly said.They cant do this..Are they freaking nuts?

Boy oh boy. Talk about confusing. If the reporter has his facts right, then anybody that grows in city limits is going to be legal.

"The ordinance requires registration with the city for any licensed caregiver who grows more than the maximum allowed for one patient, which is 12 plants. Under the 2008 law adopted by Michigan voters, a caregiver can have a maximum of 72 plants growing at a time — 12 each for up to five patients and 12 more if the caregiver also has a prescription.

I'm a caregiver. I grow for 4 patients. I have four caregiver cards. I was never issued a license to grow. According to the reporter the ordinance would only apply to "licensed" caregivers that grow more than 12 plants per patient.

Are there any caregivers who have a state issued license to grow? Speak up if you do.

Either the reporter got the story wrong or the Dearborn city council is really lazy and extremely stupid.

Guest knucklehead bob

When I am informed by the M D C H that the M M M Act has been amended , through due process , to include registration in any little Pissant township that doesn't like the M M M Act , is when I may RECONSIDER my enrollment in the program .

When I am informed by the M D C H that the M M M Act has been amended , through due process , to include registration in any little Pissant township that doesn't like the M M M Act , is when I may RECONSIDER my enrollment in the program .

:goodjob:

Reconsider....but never comply....LOL

Hey bud, I just got back from out of town. We need to hang again soon!

Guest knucklehead bob

The ordinance is illegal! Thanks, Joe

I myself , can read & understand basic English & am 100% certain of that . Any time I or some other unfortunate soul appears int front of "The Man" claiming no knowledge of the law of which he is accused , "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse", standard response . Tragic how it works so well for those enforcing the Law .

Archived