12 Plant Rule

Tbagginz

I have a quick question about a decision I read about in the state of Michigan the link is http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/02/state_court_of_appeals_rejects.html I do realize that at the time of his arrest he was not licensed but later became licensed. My question involves the ruling about the number of plants that was handed down by the court of appeals. I may be mistaken but from reading this article it almost sounds like the appeals court ruled that 12 plants is not a set number more like you are allowed the number of plants needed to keep a steady supply of meds meaning that the 12 plant rule would mean rooted and flowering plants since it typically takes 8 weeks for a plant to mature once flowering. I would like to point out this is only my interpretation of the article and would like some opinions on what your gather form this the quote is as follows please check out the full article for yourself and post a opinion.

"The three-member Court of Appeals panel did not agree with Babbitt's argument about there being a defined number of 12 plants that were allowed under the act.

The appeals court ruled that there was no set number but instead called for a reasonable number in order to keep a continuous supply on-hand."

"meaning that the 12 plant rule would mean rooted and flowering plants....." is incorrect, at least in my county. Although controversial and contrary to common sense, I believe in most areas unrooted clones count toward plant count.

The courts decision you mentioned I'm still trying to decipher. We need a legal analysis, imo.

The appeals court decision should be termed the "MMJ Defense Attorney Full Employment and Enrichment Decision."

It is a comparatively simple court case that deals with a set number, but a complex, expansive and expensive one for the client (patient, caregiver) who has to jusify medically and operationally his possession of a certain number of plants.

It opens the way for a PA to charge every time, "You had more than a reasonable and legal number of plants because your intent was not to serve patients or you own needs but to enrich yourself by selling overages to dispensaries. You intended to be a dealer under the guise and shield of the MMM Act of 2008."

As to counting clones into the set number, 12 or any other, why cut branches and root them? Real growers root them on the mother and only cut them when they want to veg and need to increase plant numbers. Why should 11 of your plants be newly rooted cones, individual and separate from the mother and not yet in veg, just waiting for harvest to be over? They shouldn't. Those 11 should be on the mother, roots bulging, 9 to 12 inches tall, uncounted as plants (although they are rooted) simply because they are still attached to the mother. Air Layering is more work, but how much work is catching a case? None--caught on these terms it's just stupid. It's fighting it for a year where you do some of the hardest work of your life. Compared to that, air layer cloning is easy, simple and fun and cheap.

Welcome to the Appeals Court. Wake up to the insufficiency of numbers as a universal defense. We must see the AD as a double-edged sword that can be used for us or against us.

The appeals court decision should be termed the "MMJ Defense Attorney Full Employment and Enrichment Decision."

It is a comparatively simple court case that deals with a set number, but a complex, expansive and expensive one for the client (patient, caregiver) who has to jusify medically and operationally his possession of a certain number of plants.

It opens the way for a PA to charge every time, "You had more than a reasonable and legal number of plants because your intent was not to serve patients or you own needs but to enrich yourself by selling overages to dispensaries. You intended to be a dealer under the guise and shield of the MMM Act of 2008."

As to counting clones into the set number, 12 or any other, why cut branches and root them? Real growers root them on the mother and only cut them when they want to veg and need to increase plant numbers. Why should 11 of your plants be newly rooted cones, individual and separate from the mother and not yet in veg, just waiting for harvest to be over? They shouldn't. Those 11 should be on the mother, roots bulging, 9 to 12 inches tall, uncounted as plants (although they are rooted) simply because they are still attached to the mother. Air Layering is more work, but how much work is catching a case? None--caught on these terms it's just stupid. It's fighting it for a year where you do some of the hardest work of your life. Compared to that, air layer cloning is easy, simple and fun and cheap.

Welcome to the Appeals Court. Wake up to the insufficiency of numbers as a universal defense. We must see the AD as a double-edged sword that can be used for us or against us.

Air layer cloning for the win! :thumbsu:

Not nearly as complicated as people think. Forget about the diagram of the stem precisely cut down to the third layer - not neccessary. Just scrape the stem a little with a razor blade and you done.

Once you cut a branch of a plant for conventional cloning there are only two possible outcomes: root or die.

Air cloning has two possible outcomes also: live and root or live and not root.

Im not sure it will work as smoothly as you think. What would stop leo or PA from pulling the branch off the mother a say "look its a plant." Great in theory but still unproven. IMO :unsure:

Im not sure it will work as smoothly as you think. What would stop leo or PA from pulling the branch off the mother a say "look its a plant." Great in theory but still unproven. IMO :unsure:

Easy case to win, your intent is to stay within plant limits and photos can be your friend.

Air Layering (on the plant cloning) is the best way to provide a continuous uninterrupted supply without the worry of going over your plant count.

Easy case to win, your intent is to stay within plant limits and photos can be your friend.

Air Layering (on the plant cloning) is the best way to provide a continuous uninterrupted supply without the worry of going over your plant count.

This is fantastic. For a caregiver/patient growing for themselves or maybe one or 2 more patients, this means more plants in veg and flower. No more clone bucket. I used to have 3 clones, 3 in veg, 3 in flower on a 2 month cycle. This gave me room for up to 3 mothers (12 plant total). Now, i can have 4 or 5 in veg, 4 or 5 in flower and 2 or 3 mothers and still be at or below 12 plants.

I will have to do 4 or 5 wraps 2 weeks before harvest.

Archived