Bill Schuette, Hippie Stoner From The 60's ?

Bill Schuette, hippie stoner from the 60s

by: Eric B.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 at 11:30:28 AM EDT

From MIRS:

Appellate Judge Bill SCHUETTE, the public face behind the anti-medical marijuana campaign, has acknowledged that he used marijuana in college and the pro-Proposal 1 folks say that's proof that pot isn't a "gateway drug."

The subject came up Thursday on the Frank BECKMANN show on WJR-760 and Schuette reiterated today that any exploitation of his youthful transgressions is "a low blow."

But Dianne BYRUM, spokeswoman for the pro-medical marijuana campaign, noted that Beckmann asked the question about who used marijuana, and she said the question was relevant because Schuette was making the argument that marijuana was a "gateway" drug into harder substances."It wasn't a gateway drug for you," Byrum said.

In 1987, then-U.S. Rep. Schuette acknowledged he smoked marijuana in his youth as part of a congressional-wide shakedown on the subject. To bring up the issue again is "old news."

http://www.michiganliberal.com/diary/13847/

Bill Schuette, hippie stoner from the 60s

by: Eric B.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 at 11:30:28 AM EDT

From MIRS:

Appellate Judge Bill SCHUETTE, the public face behind the anti-medical marijuana campaign, has acknowledged that he used marijuana in college and the pro-Proposal 1 folks say that's proof that pot isn't a "gateway drug."

The subject came up Thursday on the Frank BECKMANN show on WJR-760 and Schuette reiterated today that any exploitation of his youthful transgressions is "a low blow."

But Dianne BYRUM, spokeswoman for the pro-medical marijuana campaign, noted that Beckmann asked the question about who used marijuana, and she said the question was relevant because Schuette was making the argument that marijuana was a "gateway" drug into harder substances."It wasn't a gateway drug for you," Byrum said.

In 1987, then-U.S. Rep. Schuette acknowledged he smoked marijuana in his youth as part of a congressional-wide shakedown on the subject. To bring up the issue again is "old news."

http://www.michiganliberal.com/diary/13847/

I tweeted this so now the whole world knows about this! 'Low blow" well Mr Schuette how about you calling people who are dieing 'pot heads' and 'drug dealers'!

This guy has so recharged my batteries!!!!!

Adversity has the same effect on a man that severe training has on the pugilist - it reduces him to his fighting weight.

- Josh Billings

Ed

this one issue if pushed hard enough will discredit him-every chance we get to in the news or with reporters present... we ask him the same questions/say the same statement-it didnt seem to hurt you or turn you into a heroin/meth/krak addict!

IT'S NOT OLD NEWS and YES it IS A PRESENT BLOW and there will be plenty more where that came from!

I don't believe Mr. Schuette was at any time true 'hippie' or he'd still be one. He may have been a 'longhair' & smoked a few joints at one time, but a longhair does not a hippie make. He does not seem to have the 'peace & love' in his heart that was the mantra of every true hippie.

'Hippie' has nothing to do with living in a commune, or the way one dresses or what one smokes. Every 'true' hippie I knew in the 60s & 70s is still a hippie today. They have short hair now, a good career and wear a nice suit, but that changes nothing. The 'Hippie' ideals of 'peace & love' and 'all men are brothers' remain in their hearts to this day.

Hippies changed the face of America in the 60s & 70s, and for the better. If not for hippies, the Viet Nam War may have gone into the 80s. All you need is Love.

Nothing but Peace & Love from this old Hippie.

I don't believe Mr. Schuette was at any time true 'hippie' or he'd still be one. He may have been a 'longhair' & smoked a few joints at one time, but a longhair does not a hippie make. He does not seem to have the 'peace & love' in his heart that was the mantra of every true hippie.

'Hippie' has nothing to do with living in a commune, or the way one dresses or what one smokes. Every 'true' hippie I knew in the 60s & 70s is still a hippie today. They have short hair now, a good career and wear a nice suit, but that changes nothing. The 'Hippie' ideals of 'peace & love' and 'all men are brothers' remain in their hearts to this day.

Hippies changed the face of America in the 60s & 70s, and for the better. If not for hippies, the Viet Nam War may have gone into the 80s. All you need is Love.

Nothing but Peace & Love from this old Hippie.

:thumbsu:Same here, old hippie, though no one would know it by looking at me. It's still there in my heart, in fact, before I knew what a hippie was, I wanted to be a Peacemaker. In grade school, we had an assignment I can't remember exactly what it was for, but I do remember we had to write about what was most important to us- I said World Peace.

Sb

Archived