What Parts Of The State Have Been "friendlier"? What Parts Are Decidedly Anti-Mj?

newcaregiver

Hello folks. A friend has the option of a few different places in Michigan, as a retired person. He will be a caregiver, but don't worry, he gives away every bit of his meager crop 100% free to two old ladies. None of his stuff will hit the street or the dispensary.

I told him I had a forum handle here and would pose you guys the question: If you could go anywhere and be a grower in Michigan, where would you go? What parts of the state should he avoid per local LEO/sentiment?

Thanks guys! I know some of you may be hesitant to shout out your favorite turf, but I reiterate that this fella's 250 watt garden will never hit the streets at anyway.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Apologies to the OP for the rudeness and hesitation in providing a sensible answer you can work with. Almost every community in MI has felt the boot of law enforcement on their door.

As stated, a small 2 patient grow should be fine in most areas, I'd stay away from the big towns with big heads that hate the fact that they are in power, and the vote didn't go their way, sore losers and will never accept cannabis in its' present form. Pills from pharmacy stores at high prices that they can tax might fly, but the mj stigma is here to stay.

Some of us are growing for 2 family patients in a closet and have no problems with anyone, They don't know, we keep to ourselves and care for our loved ones. As long as LEO has no reason to come into your house you are OK. The MMMAct hasn't changed anything, mj is still illegal, it merely tries to provide limited protection for those of us that truely need it. I don't think they intended huge caregiver grows and mj stores popping up everywhere when they wrote the Act, but that's the way everyone acts lately.

Keep it low profile and underground as it has been for the past 80 years and you shouldn't have any problems out in the boonies. Try selling it or passing it around at a party and you are still inviting trouble.

Just my 2-cents.

1T

Apologies to the OP for the rudeness and hesitation in providing a sensible answer you can work with. Almost every community in MI has felt the boot of law enforcement on their door.

As stated, a small 2 patient grow should be fine in most areas, I'd stay away from the big towns with big heads that hate the fact that they are in power, and the vote didn't go their way, sore losers and will never accept cannabis in its' present form. Pills from pharmacy stores at high prices that they can tax might fly, but the mj stigma is here to stay.

Some of us are growing for 2 family patients in a closet and have no problems with anyone, They don't know, we keep to ourselves and care for our loved ones. As long as LEO has no reason to come into your house you are OK. The MMMAct hasn't changed anything, mj is still illegal, it merely tries to provide limited protection for those of us that truely need it. I don't think they intended huge caregiver grows and mj stores popping up everywhere when they wrote the Act, but that's the way everyone acts lately.

Keep it low profile and underground as it has been for the past 80 years and you shouldn't have any problems out in the boonies. Try selling it or passing it around at a party and you are still inviting trouble.

Just my 2-cents.

1T

And he should make sure everone has cards.Taking care of two ladies might make him overlook that. Stay legal

Flint, Burton, Genesee Co. Flint decriminalized marijuana in 2007.The jails are full and very little police, so I would say Genesee co. safest for marijuana, but not SAFE for just about anyting else I can think of.IMO :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

This is easy. More Democrats = More acceptance

More Republicans = More hassle

Stick with Ann Arbor, Detroit, Flint, Lansing.

Avoid Republican hell holes like Livingston County and western side of state.

Avoid counties with backwards thinking prosecutors.

Republican officials make their living by promising the rich that all the potheads will be put in jail. Too bad that they don't know that half the rich Republicans who vote them into office are "closet cannabis consumers".

This is America! Hypocrisy is king!

Otsego county has actually been pretty friendly.

4 collectives have opened in the county in the last month, and the local sheriff has been instructed by the PA to take a "hands off" approach.

Big yet pleasant surprise to me!

Perhaps all the "collectives" that have opened have changed minds?? Local ordinances are being discussed with lawyers regarding MMJ in Otsego County. I would not call ordinances "pretty friendly". I received word of this soon after the first 2 dispenses/collectives opened, but it is "official" now that they have released it in print. Of course, there was not any indication in print what these ordinances seek to control.....Dispensaries and/or caregivers/pts.

"Hands off approach" will only be effective until ordinances are passed.

Guest Happy Guy

Isabella county gains my top rank for friendliest.. Emmett for most unfriendly.. Just my laymans reading i dont pretend to be a lawyer,,Doctor,, Leo,, or any other justice official.. Or expert in any field besides beaded jewlery..

Where the good judge lives, Isabella.

Gladwin County has been up to no good lately. Making people take blood tests just because they might smell like cannabis. I'm not sure if it just a few rouge cops or a policy. Don't drive in Gladwin county smelling like cannabis if you can help it. They have their noses up your backside when you get pulled over.

The Traverse city area seems to be very Pro Medical Marijuana. I can think of at least 6 dispensary's in town witch is pretty good considering how small Traverse City is! I know several other caregivers including my self have had no issues with LEO yet...

Perhaps all the "collectives" that have opened have changed minds?? Local ordinances are being discussed with lawyers regarding MMJ in Otsego County. I would not call ordinances "pretty friendly". I received word of this soon after the first 2 dispenses/collectives opened, but it is "official" now that they have released it in print. Of course, there was not any indication in print what these ordinances seek to control.....Dispensaries and/or caregivers/pts.

"Hands off approach" will only be effective until ordinances are passed.

I hadn't heard anything about an ordinance. Can you point me to where I can read about it?

Archived