Patterson, Fieger Differ On Pot Law

fyi; More lies and rhetoric about cannabis from a drunk driving pill head...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/04/15/news/doc4da88d779c905826877231.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Marijuana raids by federal agents earlier this week shows how flawed Michigan's Medical Marihuana Act is, Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson said Friday.

"The medical marijuana law was the worst drafted piece of legislation I've ever seen in my entire life," Patterson said. "It just invites this kind of confusion and chaos."

The Drug Enforcement Agency executed search warrants and multiple medical marijuana dispensaries and homes Tuesday in Walled Lake and Novi.

Voters in 2008 approved a ballot question allowing marijuana for medical treatment, but marijuana remains an illegal substance under federal law.

Patterson, a former prosecutor, said the law is unclear.

"People, when they voted for it, I think, thought that they were going to permit and legalize prescription marijuana from a doctor to a patient." he said. "Now we have empty gas stations being converted to dispensaries. I don't think that's what the public had in mind.

"Even the feds jumped in, which was amazing because the feds, Eric Holder, the U.S. Attorney General, said they're not going to enforce the marijuana laws," Patterson said. "All of a sudden, they conduct a raid. There had to be substantial very egregious behavior on the part of these defendants to attract the DEA."

County authorities conducted raids in Waterford and Ferndale last August.

Meanwhile, outspoken attorney and occasional political candidate Geoffrey Fieger recommended legalizing marijuana and prostitution in Detroit during a taping of WWJ-TV’s “Michigan Matters” program. The show airs at 11 a.m. Saturday.

According to published reports, Fieger says he could turn the city around in “five minutes” by telling police “to leave marijuana alone and don’t spend one dime” enforcing laws against it or prostitution. He says such moves would attract young people and “make Detroit a fun city.”

Patterson joined Fieger on the show and says those steps wouldn’t fix unemployment or illiteracy.

In his weekly scheduled interview with The Oakland Press on Friday, Patterson also touched on other topics such as the prosecution of two Democrats for election irregularities last summer, federal budget cuts, plans by the governor to tax pensions in Michigan, and the economic outlook for the county.

Two views that are at the extremes of the spectrum. More Devicive crap from the Joakland Cartel. Tell Brooks its Happy Hour somewhere in the World. Have one on me. Fieger would work well there pimpin the whooores of Joakland, what da ya think Brooks ? Ready for the Ride of your Life ? We'll make it Legal, in Joakland if you want ! Youall will be really be rolling in the Dough then. Is this the only thing on the news there ?

Who are these voters who thought doctors and pharmacists would be supplying MM to patients? Did they read the law before voting? My guess is the voters he is referring to are his friends who voted against the law. Why should the minority who voted against the law dictate to the majority who approved the law how the medicine will be dispensed? I, like many others here, don't want poison given to me by a pharmacist. Almost always the side effects are not worth the relief they provide if any at all. I want full control over what goes in to my body and how it enters my body.

plans by the governor to tax pensions in Michigan

so all those rich wealthy folks drawing a pension where the money was to be safe-non touchable(the reason for investing in those 401-roth IRA schemes) now they want that money too! thinking the American people don't deserve what they got paid -Thinking they got paid too much, for too long, saved too much-

Now when its time to enjoy the fruit of their labors... crap like this gets shoved down the voters throat because THE NEO-CON HEGEMONY FRAUDULENTLY mis represented what their agendas were to middle America-

middle America voted them in!

-NOW MIDDLE AMERICA IS BEING STOLEN FROM AND LIED TOO AGAIN (the left knew the score long before-we were never fooled) by the Right wing thieves!

-when is middle America going to learn its lesson that the NEO-CON/Banking Hegemony/investor class cares little about us!

we are a number-

we are consumers that is all

-and NOW they are starting to look at us as a burden because they don't need us for manufacturing anymore-

THE AMERICAN WORKFORCE IS OBSOLETE IN THEIR EYES-THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE A BURDEN TO THEM-

QUIT LISTENING TO WHAT THEY SAY AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT THEIR PAST ACTIONS AND PRESENT-YOU WERE FOOLED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW IN 2012 VOTE THE REPUBLICAN NEO-CON HANDLERS OUT OF OFFICE FOR GOOD!

LET THE GREAT DEPRESSION BE A LESSON HARD LEARNED THAT THE BANKERS DO NOT CARE FOR YOU!

THEY ARE AT WAR WITH US!

THEY USED AMERICA TO SET THE STANDARD TO TRICK THE WORLD INTO FOLLOWING(using mass media to perpetuate their lies-THAT MODEL IS DONE-ITS EASIER TO TANK the USA THAN TO BRING THE STANDARD OF LIVING UP AROUND THE WORLD -TO RAISE UP ALL THOSE THIRD WORLDERS WHO ARE HAPPY TO JUST BE LEFT ALONE IS A HARD FIGHT-WE ARE GOING DOWN

TO THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR THESE KROOKS ENJOY YOUR BED YOU HAVE MADE-ENJOY THE VIEWS FROM YOUR BURNING BED-

for you wealthy its a bigger harder fall from your penthouse to the gutter than it is for us who are already there

The idea that voters did not know what they were getting is revisionist lies. Before the election in 2008 it seemed like every 20 minutes they showed that "no on 2" commercial with the shady looking guy in front of a store with big cannabis liefs painted on the windows as two young school children walk by. The only thing the "no on 2" groups had was the "pot shop" argument and it was in every analysis of the law from news papers to their TV ads.

so all those rich wealthy folks drawing a pension where the money was to be safe-non touchable(the reason for investing in those 401-roth IRA schemes) now they want that money too! thinking the American people don't deserve what they got paid -Thinking they got paid too much, for too long, saved too much-

Now when its time to enjoy the fruit of their labors... crap like this gets shoved down the voters throat because THE NEO-CON HEGEMONY FRAUDULENTLY mis represented what their agendas were to middle America-

middle America voted them in!

-NOW MIDDLE AMERICA IS BEING STOLEN FROM AND LIED TOO AGAIN (the left knew the score long before-we were never fooled) by the Right wing thieves!

-when is middle America going to learn its lesson that the NEO-CON/Banking Hegemony/investor class cares little about us!

we are a number-

we are consumers that is all

-and NOW they are starting to look at us as a burden because they don't need us for manufacturing anymore-

THE AMERICAN WORKFORCE IS OBSOLETE IN THEIR EYES-THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE A BURDEN TO THEM-

QUIT LISTENING TO WHAT THEY SAY AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT THEIR PAST ACTIONS AND PRESENT-YOU WERE FOOLED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW IN 2012 VOTE THE REPUBLICAN NEO-CON HANDLERS OUT OF OFFICE FOR GOOD!

LET THE GREAT DEPRESSION BE A LESSON HARD LEARNED THAT THE BANKERS DO NOT CARE FOR YOU!

THEY ARE AT WAR WITH US!

THEY USED AMERICA TO SET THE STANDARD TO TRICK THE WORLD INTO FOLLOWING(using mass media to perpetuate their lies-THAT MODEL IS DONE-ITS EASIER TO TANK the USA THAN TO BRING THE STANDARD OF LIVING UP AROUND THE WORLD -TO RAISE UP ALL THOSE THIRD WORLDERS WHO ARE HAPPY TO JUST BE LEFT ALONE IS A HARD FIGHT-WE ARE GOING DOWN

TO THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR THESE KROOKS ENJOY YOUR BED YOU HAVE MADE-ENJOY THE VIEWS FROM YOUR BURNING BED-

for you wealthy its a bigger harder fall from your penthouse to the gutter than it is for us who are already there

Hi Cowbell !

I share your anger and outrage at how our economy has been destroyed !!

Unfortunately, both parties are guilty of destroying our country and they have no intention of trying to stop !!

The rate of GDP growth over the last 30 years has been less than 3%.

But the rate of total debt accumulation by Fed, State, Municipal and Personal borrowing has been averaging 8% per annum.

At some point in time, the interests payments on the debt exceed our ability to pay them.

We are very close to that tipping point right now.

So I say a "Pox on both of their houses ".

One of the few guys who has a handle on the direness of our situation is Karl Deninger.

Check him out at: http://market-ticker.org/

His analysis today of how the Federal Reserve has been acting illegally in the Foreclosure Fraud situation is excellent !

dr. Jinx

Hi Cowbell !

I share your anger and outrage at how our economy has been destroyed !!

Unfortunately, both parties are guilty of destroying our country and they have no intention of trying to stop !!

The rate of GDP growth over the last 30 years has been less than 3%.

But the rate of total debt accumulation by Fed, State, Municipal and Personal borrowing has been averaging 8% per annum.

At some point in time, the interests payments on the debt exceed our ability to pay them.

We are very close to that tipping point right now.

So I say a "Pox on both of their houses ".

One of the few guys who has a handle on the direness of our situation is Karl Deninger.

Check him out at: http://market-ticker.org/

His analysis today of how the Federal Reserve has been acting illegally in the Foreclosure Fraud situation is excellent !

dr. Jinx

Good Day ! Dr J , just wanted to add: The Prison populations that have steadily increased at alarming rates since the Changing of the Guard in our Corpocountry. The assasination of JFK 1963. The death of JE Hoover 5/72, and Nixons revision of the judicial system to keep his azz out of jail. Including starting the very controversial DEA, and the infamous War on 'Drugs'. In exchange for selling us and the country down the destructive path we have been on ever since.

Seriously though Hoover was like the spy amongst us. Coddled by AM Palmer, AG for Woodow Wilson and his Election Campaign manager 1912. Woodrow was notorius for Creating the FEDERAL RESERVE, by passing the Fed Res Act on Dec 23, 1913. Very Controversial if you ask me. Allowing Bankers to Manipulate a Nations Wealth ? Very neat. Talk about putting the Fox in charge of the Hen house, they have owned US ever since. I'd say they have sold US a couple times and even rented US out.

Everyone knew what they were voting on in this law. Come on! It is clear as can be in the wording of the law. The only ones who don't get it are the evil, corrupt neo cons who stand to profit from it's demise. They are mad as hell that all the doom and gloom they predicted hasn't come to pass. They need marijuana to be illegal in order for them to survive.

Patterson rode into Pontiac waving a flag against "bussing", so-called desegregation of public schools.It was in the era of George Wallace, kind of fresh after the Riots in Detroit. Lately, though, fear of Blacks-on-weed is being scoffed at. May 25th. Its time to stand up.

Archived