Blue Cough .. A Single Seed

peanutbutter

Forgot to add that I choose not to use random seeds due to the fact the genetics could be opposite of what you see . We never know what the strain was for sure that pollinated the female at hand .. So again we have a hit and miss here lol .. Many of us here know the variables that come into play with growing and wont add more than needed , I now always seek genuine seeds of strains after so much frustration ...OD

Well .. pretty much an annual. Yet I've harvested the same plant twice with over a hundred cuttings taken between harvests.

When I hit the count I wanted, I just flowered the mother to take a break from clones being produced. The plant was on its third veg state when leo got it.

I looked closely at the bud and spotted a couple of hermie flowers. So the probability is high the pollen came from itself. Not a positive confirmation, granted.

If I can get it to grow, I'll be having the result tested and then clone it like crazy.

Does anyone know where seeds for this strain can be obtained?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does time matter? That is, time from harvest.

Should it wait to completely dry out? Will it pop directly from the dried bud or should it dry a little longer?

p.b id say as soon as it is dry you can germinate it,,,lets hope you aint gotta wait weeks like some of the info says! but wont hurt to check it out,,,I would put all 3 in also, ive had some pretty ugly fresh beans pop!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Another item I've wanted to look at is if a shift takes place when a female goes into seed production.

Plant has a different set of needs at that time. It's possible a shift takes place in productions also.

Several variables.

Made a small batch of Simpson oil with the Blue Cough. I mixed it 50/50 with a batch of oil from a over ripe batch of untrimmed bud. High in CBN ..

It's past 4AM .. It's pretty confirmed that CBD has an "awake" effect. I'm baked yet awake. I lie down to sleep and work out world peace and such other things. They all sound great until I try to remember how it all goes .. Like a constant "twilight" moment.

Looks like I should use the CBD stuff for daytime and the high CBN stuff for night.

ok you answered my last question,,,I guess i should read the thread before i ask something,,,,P.b You are a fricking riot,,,no you should be out on them test tracks showing peeps you can drive on mm lmao! solving world peace pain free bawahahahaha your to funny! (test track dummy) lmao!

k I make this product ( we will just call it that), with 100 proof vodka, you can use everclear 150 proof,,,any how this peticular one I only put in the dark for 48 hrs shake once a day! its real lite and mostly thc,,I put it in a mouth spray and get all but messed up in like 5 minutes I would have to think im not getting many cbd's out of it in that amount of time and with the color being lite,,,but let me tell ya,,if you like what smoking it feels like, you will like this! I have let it sit for upto a week in the dark, and it gets realy dark and seems to take a lil longer to feel the thc in it! Your opinion would be apreciated!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= I been using bubba kush mostly this month, and hoping to use some harijuana, and purps next month,,I do make lots of other oils tinctures butter,,,that butter is killing me, i gained 20 lbs this winter,,,trying to make less fattening and same buzzy effect,,I make everything double strong of what others make it, if it calls for 1 zip i use 2 on everything, its easier to do less than to not do enough! IMO

Does anyone know where seeds for this strain can be obtained?

I have never heard of it until you mentioned the strain. There are sooooo many new seed companies popping up it is insane.

I hope you find it.

Hopefully I'll have the clone only Strawberry Twist coming from California in the next few months which is the same cross, but it is very potent so I would guess that it has a higher THC percentage.

ok you answered my last question,,,I guess i should read the thread before i ask something,,,,P.b You are a fricking riot,,,no you should be out on them test tracks showing peeps you can drive on mm lmao! solving world peace pain free bawahahahaha your to funny! (test track dummy) lmao!

k I make this product ( we will just call it that), with 100 proof vodka, you can use everclear 150 proof,,,any how this peticular one I only put in the dark for 48 hrs shake once a day! its real lite and mostly thc,,I put it in a mouth spray and get all but messed up in like 5 minutes I would have to think im not getting many cbd's out of it in that amount of time and with the color being lite,,,but let me tell ya,,if you like what smoking it feels like, you will like this! I have let it sit for upto a week in the dark, and it gets realy dark and seems to take a lil longer to feel the thc in it! Your opinion would be apreciated!

Peace

FTW

Jim

edit= I been using bubba kush mostly this month, and hoping to use some harijuana, and purps next month,,I do make lots of other oils tinctures butter,,,that butter is killing me, i gained 20 lbs this winter,,,trying to make less fattening and same buzzy effect,,I make everything double strong of what others make it, if it calls for 1 zip i use 2 on everything, its easier to do less than to not do enough! IMO

I'm thinking that the proof of the everclear would change the rate at which the THC would go into the alcohol.

So it would make sense that something at 100 proof would benefit from the long soak.

Guest Happy Guy

I'm thinking that the proof of the everclear would change the rate at which the THC would go into the alcohol.

So it would make sense that something at 100 proof would benefit from the long soak.

The water molecules in the 50%(100 proof) alcohol get in the way of the chemical reaction. You should distill it to 100% first and then your chemical reaction and extraction will be at 100% efficiency. Water is your enemy.

Just returned from Traverse City. Stopped in to Herbal Elements and had a sample of Simpson oil made from this strain.

This was a different company using different testing methods.

This sample came in at 42.1% THC and 43.9% CBD.

How was the sample in comparison to others you have tried?

A sample I had them run on 4/1 came out 61% THC and 1.0% CBD starting material bubble hash.

Another sample from White Widow sugar trim came in at 46% THC and 0.9% CBD.

The strain seems to be consistent taking the bud sample reading and comparing it to the concentrate's readings.

Is there no way you can talk to the people at Green Bee's and see if you can acquire a clone from the grower?

thats very nice for sure. hey pb would that also be called twister i was gifted it a while back and just keep it in veg the guy it came from said it was dj short twisty leaf blue berry pheno x strawberry cough and was very medical. i almost threw it away as i could find nothing on it but started liking the looks and smell so its in flower with very lovely smell. it came from south mi.

thats very nice for sure. hey pb would that also be called twister i was gifted it a while back and just keep it in veg the guy it came from said it was dg short twisty leaf blue berry pheno x strawberry cough and was very medical. i almost threw it away as i could find nothing on it but started liking the looks and smell so its in flower with very lovely smell. it came from south mi.

Might be the same. Would have to have it tested.

I hope you have at least one clone from this plant.

yes i do. after i decided to run it threw took one off and have another one going just waiting to see what it is. its about 4 weeks in now and already smelling very unique. ill keep in touch as we have met before and talked up here at the bay city club a while back before all the drama there.

I would be willing to drive for hours to get a stable Strawberry Cough x Blueberry cutting. Those are two of my favorite strains. Strawberry Cough is by far the biggest pain in the a to grow sadly. I might have to flower my mother and try again with a new phenotype. I don't know if its the clone I'm using or the stain itself that is so weak. Blueberry can be a pain to propagate as well so I'm interested to see how this seed pans out.

Cannalytics here, you can view the Blue Cough test results from the Green Bee at:

http://www.micannalytics.com/dispensary.php?dispensary=10&sortby=PercentCBD

As you will see, there is indeed some variability in the numbers as a result of the numerous measurements that are included in the equation to calculate potency. But the bottom line is clear, Blue Cough from the Green Bee is the first documented CBD-rich strain in Michigan. As time goes on, our lab will continue to refine our methodology to reduce sources of experimental error through automation, however biologic variability will always exist and one must keep in mind that varying moisture contents will lead to different results since percentages are expressed on a mass basis (the drier/more cured the bud, the more potent it will be). It is for that reason that these tests should be referred to as "point tests" meaning that they pertain only to those items sampled. In the future, it is our goal to be able to certify larger batches by collecting a number of samples from the same batch of harvested material in order to generate statistically significant potency levels. We will also be offering microbiological contaminant and pesticide residue screening in the near future.

A few side notes:

-sterilizing seeds with bleach is fine so long as they are rinsed with water multiple times before germinating (I've done this using 50% bleach with 3x water rinses for germination on agar plates)

-CBD is not a precursor for THC, although if you look at some older literature it was hypothesized that it might be; instead THC and CBD share a common precursor, cannabigerol acid (CBGA), that is enzymatically directed down either the THCA or CBDA pathway by specific synthases, which if "knocked out"/mutated to lose function would result in a plant lacking that particular cannabinoid

-according to www.ProjectCBD.org, only 1 in every 500-750 samples tested will be considered CBD-rich, which they define as having a CBD concentration of >= 4%; they also point out that even if a strain has been identified as CBD-rich, each seed of the strain will represent a unique geno-/phenotype that will not necessarily be CBD-rich itself

For more information on the accuracy of lab testing:

http://projectcbd.org/LabNotes/LabNotes.html

If you're interested in having your sample tested, learn more at:

http://micannalytics.com

Cannalytics here, you can view the Blue Cough test results from the Green Bee at:

http://www.micannalytics.com/dispensary.php?dispensary=10&sortby=PercentCBD

As you will see, there is indeed some variability in the numbers as a result of the numerous measurements that are included in the equation to calculate potency. But the bottom line is clear, Blue Cough from the Green Bee is the first documented CBD-rich strain in Michigan. As time goes on, our lab will continue to refine our methodology to reduce sources of experimental error through automation, however biologic variability will always exist and one must keep in mind that varying moisture contents will lead to different results since percentages are expressed on a mass basis (the drier/more cured the bud, the more potent it will be). It is for that reason that these tests should be referred to as "point tests" meaning that they pertain only to those items sampled. In the future, it is our goal to be able to certify larger batches by collecting a number of samples from the same batch of harvested material in order to generate statistically significant potency levels. We will also be offering microbiological contaminant and pesticide residue screening in the near future.

A few side notes:

-sterilizing seeds with bleach is fine so long as they are rinsed with water multiple times before germinating (I've done this using 50% bleach with 3x water rinses for germination on agar plates)

-CBD is not a precursor for THC, although if you look at some older literature it was hypothesized that it might be; instead THC and CBD share a common precursor, cannabigerol acid (CBGA), that is enzymatically directed down either the THCA or CBDA pathway by specific synthases, which if "knocked out"/mutated to lose function would result in a plant lacking that particular cannabinoid

-according to www.ProjectCBD.org, only 1 in every 500-750 samples tested will be considered CBD-rich, which they define as having a CBD concentration of >= 4%; they also point out that even if a strain has been identified as CBD-rich, each seed of the strain will represent a unique geno-/phenotype that will not necessarily be CBD-rich itself

For more information on the accuracy of lab testing:

http://projectcbd.org/LabNotes/LabNotes.html

If you're interested in having your sample tested, learn more at:

http://micannalytics.com

Thank you for posting here.

I made a batch of Simpson oil from this batch of bud.

I used a half ounce of bud. That produced 2 grams of oil.

The latest results from you shows a total cannabinoid mass of 17.2%.

7 grams *.172 = 1.2 grams

Of which 4.6% is THC. So the total THC I should have extracted would be 4.6 * 7 = 0.322 grams THC

The oil sample I had tested in TC was 41.2% THC. The batch size of 2 grams contained 0.824 grams THC

Much more THC than I should have had.

So where did the extra half gram of THC come from?

This was tested three times to be sure of the reading.

Testing method is GC in TC.

Now then .. what the CBD SHOULD have been.

7 grams starting material times 12.1% would yield 0.847 grams CBD. My 2 gram batch of oil was 42.9% CBD or about 0.858 grams. About what would be expected.

Again .. where did the extra THC come from?

Thank you for posting here.

I made a batch of Simpson oil from this batch of bud.

I used a half ounce of bud. That produced 2 grams of oil.

The latest results from you shows a total cannabinoid mass of 17.2%.

7 grams *.172 = 1.2 grams

Of which 4.6% is THC. So the total THC I should have extracted would be 4.6 * 7 = 0.322 grams THC

The oil sample I had tested in TC was 41.2% THC. The batch size of 2 grams contained 0.824 grams THC

Much more THC than I should have had.

So where did the extra half gram of THC come from?

This was tested three times to be sure of the reading.

Testing method is GC in TC.

Now then .. what the CBD SHOULD have been.

7 grams starting material times 12.1% would yield 0.847 grams CBD. My 2 gram batch of oil was 42.9% CBD or about 0.858 grams. About what would be expected.

Again .. where did the extra THC come from?

If the oil was made with Blue Cough only, I'm afraid I don't have too good of an answer for you. I would think that a butane extraction should result in a concentrate with the same cannabinoid ratio as the bud or trim it was made from. We'd have to try this on other strains or increase the number of measurements to get to the bottom of it.

If the oil was made with Blue Cough only, I'm afraid I don't have too good of an answer for you. I would think that a butane extraction should result in a concentrate with the same cannabinoid ratio as the bud or trim it was made from. We'd have to try this on other strains or increase the number of measurements to get to the bottom of it.

I still have a very small amount of the oil left.

What would the minimum size for a sample do you need?

Archived