Big Warehouse Bust In Detroit

Doesn't say anything about medical but I thought it was worth posting up for everyone.

Warehouse raid yields 945 pounds of marijuana

DETROIT (AP) — Police seized about 945 pounds of marijuana during a raid this week on a Detroit warehouse.

Officials say in a release Saturday that the street value of the drugs is estimated at more than $4 million.

Narcotics enforcement officers raided the warehouse on the city's southwest side about 6:50 p.m. Thursday. A 41-year-old man was arrested.

Chief Ralph Godbee says in a statement that shutting down drug manufacturing operations like the one at the warehouse is just as important as eliminating drug houses in Detroit neighborhoods.

Doesn't say anything about medical but I thought it was worth posting up for everyone.

This is so over the limit I have trouble even seeing why it would be in a forum called 'victims of the system'. These activities are criminal and hurt every MMJ patient that follows the law. Folks engaged in criminal activity need to stop trying to hide behind the MMMA when they get popped. And we as a group need to stop 'rushing to their aid'. I know you are simply presenting a news item. My point is that sometimes LEO gets it right and if we want them to support our legal activities, we need to support theirs.

Before someone comes on here asking for help, the first question should be 'was I really in compliance or was I pushing it and am pissed I was caught'. Otherwise, simply present your case and what you could have done better so we all learn from the experience and fewer mistakes are made in the future by other patients trying to comply and follow the rules.

Dr. Bob

Dr Bob sez..."This is so over the limit I have trouble even seeing why it would be in a forum called 'victims of the system'. " Maybe we need a new forum titled "Abusers of the System" ...Peace...j.b.

Or "LEO gets it Right!" I've seen a couple of posts in here where positive interactions have been reported, we shouldn't be so negative all the time, let's give kudos where they are deserved as quick as we are to complain.

Dr. Bob

This 41 year-old idiot does not belong in "VICTIMS OF THE SYSTEM." Too bad the item is in this forum, it's miscategorized. With 945 pounds on hand and 40 years to life behind bars without parole to look forward to, he is a victim of himself. I used to be a stockbroker and the anthem was, "Bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered." I class a sentence of 40 years to life as getting slaughtered. He was helping no one but himself (and whatever grow stores he was buying from) and hurt every patient and caregiver who gets legal and stays legal. He hurt our community.

This 41 year-old idiot does not belong in "VICTIMS OF THE SYSTEM." Too bad the item is in this forum, it's miscategorized. With 945 pounds on hand and 40 years to life behind bars without parole to look forward to, he is a victim of himself. I used to be a stockbroker and the anthem was, "Bulls make money, bears make money, but pigs get slaughtered." I class a sentence of 40 years to life as getting slaughtered. He was helping no one but himself (and whatever grow stores he was buying from) and hurt every patient and caregiver who gets legal and stays legal. He hurt our community.

This is not something I support, I support all the p2p,c2c,c2p.. all them things but this isn't something that i stand behind here is a image of the amount seized stated above it was 945lbs, here is that amount but in a picture..

gallery_14200_584_29877.jpg

Trix :bong2:

It says "drug manufacturing operation" so it must be a grow op. "About 945 pounds of marijuana" is a very vague statement. I mean they weigh the whole live plant which may or may not have a soil rootball attached, right? The reality is probably much more reasonable than the article leads one to believe.

Assuming the whole dang plant weighs 5 pounds root ball and all, that is 200 plants. Sorry, that isn't reasonable. We need to stop making excuses for people that abuse the law.

Dr. Bob

This is not something I support, I support all the p2p,c2c,c2p.. all them things but this isn't something that i stand behind here is a image of the amount seized stated above it was 945lbs, here is that amount but in a picture..

gallery_14200_584_29877.jpg

Trix :bong2:

Is this a photo of the seizure or a like amount? I don't see any wet root balls there.

Dr. Bob

I agree with the good doctor. when leo gets it right we need to tell them, we need leo out doing their job and following the law. as well as ourselves. without leo it would be a dog eat dog world. So on this Easter i would like to thank all honest hard working leo who enforce the laws as they are written. Those who don't are no better than criminals.

I don't think it is fair to draw any conclusions based on a newspaper story with only one side represented. We don't know if that was a true weight, we don't know if were multiple caregivers. I never take what Leo says as fact. It may very well be that the growers were greedy drug dealers, but the real story could be different than the newspaper story reads.......shredder

Doesn't have to do with making anyone look good, has to do with driving home the point that there is no way nearly 1000 pounds of MJ is a medical grow of less than 99 plants even with multiple caregivers. If it was in compliance, documented and followed the court's interpretation of the law there would have been no arrest and seizure. The other point is that we need to stop trying to justify behavior that is not in compliance with the law as quickly as we point out 'unfair' tactics by the police.

Leo may not like this law, but I've received many reports of courtesy and respect from Law Enforcement when it comes to MMJ. Most are simply curious. Most of the arrests I've read about in here were clear cases of people pushing the limits of the MMMA and being called on it by the cops. We need to stay quiet, stay within the law and increase our numbers. We also need to show we hold ourselves to the same standards of compliance we expect the police to follow.

Hey if anyone wants to be a test case and get 25 caregivers together to have an 1800 plant grow, go right ahead. But until you have enough registered patients in the state that you can count on one or two in your jury, then it is a fool's errand- legal suicide. Furthermore, be very careful about the questions you ask because you might not like the answers. Fighting a possession charge without a card by trying to hide behind the MMMA got the entire act declared invalid recently in Dearborn. Kick that up to a higher court and your refusal to follow the rules and push the limits of the law may get the whole ACT invalidated by the COA or Michigan Supreme Court.

Dr. Bob

Archived