Chronic Heartburn/gerd

oldvet

Welcome OldVet! I hope you get comfort and good information here. veteran_holding_up_marines_flag_md_.gif

If you are an old vet, and I don't doubt that you are, then you fought for our right to our own life, liberty, and peaceful pursuit of happiness. I thank you.

I apologize for not having an answer to your question, but you already qualify morally and ethically and constitutionally to seek whatever medicine or food you want, as long as that act does not infringe on the rights of others. You should be able to use whatever you want to use.

Will you be arrested for it? If in the wrong place or with the wrong people, those that hate freedom and individual human rights, you most certainly could have your life ruined by someone in power who believe that they know best what food and medicine you should be able to acquire and use.

The state web site (whatever that is now) will tell you what the qualifying conditions are, in their small little minds.

Peace to you and good luck and may you make some new friends here!

nausea?helps your appetite? :stuff: I would think it would be a qualifying condition ,not to mention the pain..But who knows in the state of Michigan,they make up the rules as they go along it seems :judge: .I also suffer from this condition,(or i should say that's what docs are thinking plus other issues)GERD is horrible,this is why i am up at 3am typing(and of course back pain).

Did you have an endoscopy done? :nurse: and how bad was the procedure old vet :abe: ? going in soon for mine.

nausea?helps your appetite? :stuff: I would think it would be a qualifying condition ,not to mention the pain..But who knows in the state of Michigan,they make up the rules as they go along it seems :judge: .I also suffer from this condition,(or i should say that's what docs are thinking plus other issues)GERD is horrible,this is why i am up at 3am typing(and of course back pain).

Did you have an endoscopy done? :nurse: and how bad was the procedure old vet :abe: ? going in soon for mine.

I was told GERD is not one of the qualifying conditions but like others have said if it causes nausea and chronic pain there u go and dont worry about the endo v420 its nothing peace happy medicating

I've found that smoking cannabis upsets my GERD about half the time. Never fear, it may or may not affect you in the same manner.

Orally consuming properly prepared cannabis works well for me without upsetting the system in that way.

However, I should also point out that cannabis helps my lower digestive system to "relax" easing the sometimes associated pain of ..... well you get my point. My tract is snarled, and far too often ornery.

Have you looked in to purchasing or have you tried a vaporizer? I don't seem to have any problems with the vapor, perhaps it's the toxins in the smoke that irritate the system for me. If you can try a vaporizer, do it, you'll see how effective it is.

BEST OF LUCK!!

Oh wait....

For a quick relief from GERD, I've discarded the little purple pills, and the half pink ones too. I just mix about a 1/2 tsp. sodium-biarb (baking soda) in a 4-6oz. glass of water. Down the hatch and immediately the hydroxides go to work. Makes you burp quite a bit, but works quicker than anything else I've tried.

"60% of the time, it works every time." - Brian Fantana (Anchorman: The Ron Burgundy Story)

If you also suffer from acid rebound, which is likely, it may or may not recur soon. Acid rebound is when the stomach increases the acid levels in the stomach to shift the system back toward equilibrium following an antacid or proton pump inhibitor.

Oh yeah, thank you for your service, from myself, my family, and all of us here.

...just don't tell us if you're a Marine, Army, Air Force or CG! (joking of course, all service members should be equally thanked.) (Navy more than others... had to say it, let the feuding continue!)

greenhouse

- proud Navy Vet

I was told GERD is not one of the qualifying conditions but like others have said if it causes nausea and chronic pain there u go and dont worry about the endo v420 its nothing peace happy medicating

Thanks chronic for the dont worry.....V :rolleyes:

Welcome OldVet! I hope you get comfort and good information here. veteran_holding_up_marines_flag_md_.gif

If you are an old vet, and I don't doubt that you are, then you fought for our right to our own life, liberty, and peaceful pursuit of happiness. I thank you.

I apologize for not having an answer to your question, but you already qualify morally and ethically and constitutionally to seek whatever medicine or food you want, as long as that act does not infringe on the rights of others. You should be able to use whatever you want to use.

Will you be arrested for it? If in the wrong place or with the wrong people, those that hate freedom and individual human rights, you most certainly could have your life ruined by someone in power who believe that they know best what food and medicine you should be able to acquire and use.

The state web site (whatever that is now) will tell you what the qualifying conditions are, in their small little minds.

Peace to you and good luck and may you make some new friends here!

Thanks for your feedback. I'm new to this, so will you tell me, please, what you mean by "hotel" or "mill" doctor?

There are some Dr.'s out there that are known to breeze into town to do certifications. Some may not care about a whole lot other than taking your money. They'll give anyone a cert if you know a few keywords (or not).

A lot of healthy people get Dr's rec's.

Just wanted to encourage you NOT to back out on the Endoscopy :) They are pretty painless and a walk in the park compared to many tests!! I never feel a thing during the procedure, but after the throat is a bit sore and once I had a tooth chipped a bit. I have a tendency to PUSH people who have digestive problems to have the Endoscopy and/or colonoscopy done, if a doctor is recommending it. I know if those were some of the first tests they gave me years ago, I would have saved myself and my body alot of unneccessary other tests, pain and money. I have been having both procedures done for as long as I can remember and sometimes several a year. I would guess I have had it done close to 50 times now and a sore throat and a chipped tooth is the worst that has happened! I wish you luck with your test!!

Just wanted to encourage you NOT to back out on the Endoscopy :) They are pretty painless and a walk in the park compared to many tests!! I never feel a thing during the procedure, but after the throat is a bit sore and once I had a tooth chipped a bit. I have a tendency to PUSH people who have digestive problems to have the Endoscopy and/or colonoscopy done, if a doctor is recommending it. I know if those were some of the first tests they gave me years ago, I would have saved myself and my body alot of unneccessary other tests, pain and money. I have been having both procedures done for as long as I can remember and sometimes several a year. I would guess I have had it done close to 50 times now and a sore throat and a chipped tooth is the worst that has happened! I wish you luck with your test!!

Thanks northerngal,no i will not back out on the procedure as i have been just feeling miserable , just a little nervous to what they may find.anyway thanks for the reassurance ....

Yeah, GERD is horrible. No endoscopy yet. The Prilosec works, so in the interest of saving $$$, my provider just hanging with the meds. Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply oldvet...i tried their proton pump inhibitors and i was doubled over in pain...cannabis definitely helps my nausea & appetite & getting food down. :bbq: will find out soon what the real cause is.

Archived