Set Monthly Price?

tooldini

I was wondering if anyone on here has a set donation amount monthly and patient can get as much as they need within reason and of course no more than 2.5oz at a time. I was thinking of trying something like this once I have a more capable grow area. Maybe like $300 a month ( of course if they can't always pay I am sure :rolleyes: I will still provide them with meds. Mostly just would like to cover grow costs and electric bill if some is left over thats cool too. Is this being done yet and how well does it work if being done? thanks

I kinda do that. I have a set price per ounce but they buy what they can and when they don`t have money I hook them up any ways. So basically I know how much they have to spend per month so I budget my grow around that and everyone is happy but all my patients are good friends so our agreement is flexible. Your idea sounds good but I would make sure you put some guidelines down first. I could see somebody really taking advantage of that. I believe it is just as important for a caregiver to get to know a potential patient well before making any agreements. I always make sure my Patients come first.

Peace, Afi

I was wondering if anyone on here has a set donation amount monthly and patient can get as much as they need within reason and of course no more than 2.5oz at a time. I was thinking of trying something like this once I have a more capable grow area. Maybe like $300 a month ( of course if they can't always pay I am sure :rolleyes: I will still provide them with meds. Mostly just would like to cover grow costs and electric bill if some is left over thats cool too. Is this being done yet and how well does it work if being done? thanks

As a caregiver I would tell you the first problem you would have is that would make some of your patients greedy. Say 6 oz a month for 300 that gives a lot of extras for the patients to transfer. They sell 4 of them for 300 and use 2. This is what will happen.

I would be worried about the selling by the patient. Like you say most people are not gonna smoke up 6oz LOL I know a guy that smokes all day and night long and only goes thru like 2oz. It seems like it could work like you guys says some will take advantage and the ones that can afford it will help cover the ones that cannot always do it. there would need to be some type of contract written up I think to help stop some of the greedies :( to bad every cannot be fair. Something in a contract stating if available meaning if one patients is wanting 1.5oz a week and this would use all the meds up. Some type of limitations would need to be in place. I won't be ready in my grow room for months so its not a big hurry just figured I would ask what you guys thought about monthly set pricing.

This form... http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/ccs_files/downloads/PatientCaregiverAgreement.pdf ...is a good framework to start with. You can fill in the parts that are important to you, and cross out the parts that aren't. It eliminates the grey areas, and that can help you avoid problems. A copy in both the patient's and the caregiver's hand so that you know right up front what to expect.

This form... http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/ccs_files/downloads/PatientCaregiverAgreement.pdf ...is a good framework to start with. You can fill in the parts that are important to you, and cross out the parts that aren't. It eliminates the grey areas, and that can help you avoid problems. A copy in both the patient's and the caregiver's hand so that you know right up front what to expect.

If you think you need a contract than that patient isn't for you. Find good people. Only a few patients realy expect a hand out, most of which I hate to say are used to getting everything for free. And if you read back you'll see it is the same people still bitchin.

Even though I think contracts are a good idea but they really don`t help anyone unless your willing to take the person to court and I am not the type of person that does that. It is marshal law around my house and I am the marshal! :lol: Now I am not knocking the idea and if that makes everyone involved happy then by all means I would do it but I feel it is just a piece of paper that really offers no protection.

Peace, Afi

I harmonize my patient pricing to the prices I see at the MOCC Private Meetings/Farmers Markets.

I do 1 oz free per month, then 1 oz per week at at 2/3 Farmer's Market. Anything after that is Farmers Market prices, which is still a very good price.

Using Compassion Club and Dispensary pricing as benchmarks is the best way to go, as patients can verify the pricing themselves and everyone can be on the same page.

Thanks everyone. I don't really like the contract idea just figured it may help them get an idea of what to expect. I realize it really would not do much good unless court was involved but still may be nice to have for potential patients. I will check out that contract later thanks. Since I have not really looked for patients I don't know what to expect really.

Patients should be considered first.

We're a nonprofit patient-centered club based in Lansing with affiliates statewide. We match patients and caregivers with the goal of free meds to patients -- I advocate they get a minimum of one ounce free per month from their cg, then maybe more for free within reason but not for resale. Caregivers typically move overages thru dispensaries or other patient-to-patient sales by mutual agreement. Main thing is to get free meds to our nonprofit org. patients 'cuz the MMMAct is a medical needs-based law. Patients first.

Guest thequietone

I do this with all my patients and it is working very well for all. I will ask how much they use per month and we will set a price according to what they use. I make it clear that if they use more or less the price will reflect the difference. I have had no problems with my patients selling to others and I make it clear that if they do I will drop them without a chance to explain. When I tell them no selling to others I want them to know I mean business. I have yet to drop a patient and they all tell me the same thing. With the quality of meds they are getting they would be idiots to screw up and lose me as a caregiver.

<<<<< Gama's pther half!!..We Have set Price!!..And our overage's they, the Patient's get first pick!!..We Serve very low income folk's!!...No Need For the Greedy!!...Dispence!! Less chance of risk!!...E-Mail Gama she can give you the details!!...Peace!!..."Compassion"... :thumbsu:

I harmonize my patient pricing to the prices I see at the MOCC Private Meetings/Farmers Markets.

I do 1 oz free per month, then 1 oz per week at at 2/3 Farmer's Market. Anything after that is Farmers Market prices, which is still a very good price.

Using Compassion Club and Dispensary pricing as benchmarks is the best way to go, as patients can verify the pricing themselves and everyone can be on the same page.

Thanks Frank. I like those ideas. Avoids the pitfalls of blaming the grower for high or low prices, and clearly sets out lower than normal pricing, which should be expected in the caregiver-patient relationship.

The biggest issue with this is that the CG then has all of the risk. If he loses a grow because of anything, the PT's give nothing and he has to start from scratch. So giving away free meds or on a set lowball price is risky unless you have quite a nest egg to back you up.

Now, don't get me wrong, I give away free oz's to my pts all the time. However, since growing isn't a completely fixed cost (see the post about DTE raising rates in summer by Indica Jones) that unless you want your prices to fluctuate all the time, you have to set a decent price to get through the high cost grows.

As far as a contract goes, it shows an agreement. Yes it is only a piece of paper, but at least if you both sign it, and it clearly stated what the agreement was, then one party can't argue that you are trying to screw them. I am all for contracts even with family and friends that I have known for 10+ years. It can be informal, but write down what you are doing for them, and what you expect from them.

Anyway, to spare the drama, write it down as a contract, just so you both know what to expect from the other person, and it is in writing, so no one can say but you said xxx 3 months ago. No, what is written is the agreement.

Good ideas everyone. I don't plan on offering a set amount for free, but of course they would be getting it :) I think this could be an issue what if you have a problem, and then I am supposed to spend my money to get them there free 1oz or whatever. I guess I just don't know what people use,cause I can make a gram last a few weeks to a month LOL but seems 1oz is alot for one person

Archived