May 25Th Rally

A group of us from up north have created and printed a hundred demonstration signs. A clear and concise message that does not include "Free the Weed" is very important to portray the medical cannabis community in the right light.

Over 50 of us are coming down in a charter bus. I hope to see a hundred busses there, and I hope to see all of you's too!

Hey OD...

Thursday, May 5, the Northern Michigan Compassion Club will have it's regular monthly meeting beginning at 6pm at the Cheboygan Public Library.

The agenda for this meeting:

1) A review of our plan to combat local ordinances.

2) May 7 rally in Escanaba Michigan for the Global Marijuana March.

3) May 25 rally in Lansing

4) We will be providing assistance to those who need help writing a letter to the editor, or testifying at a public hearing.

All are welcome and we hope to see some of our Emmett and Presque Isle brothers and sisters.

A group of us from up north have created and printed a hundred demonstration signs. A clear and concise message that does not include "Free the Weed" is very important to portray the medical cannabis community in the right light.

Over 50 of us are coming down in a charter bus. I hope to see a hundred busses there, and I hope to see all of you's too!

MOCC almost has one bus filled. Still have about 10 slots to fill. So if you need a ride. The cost is only $7.00 round trip. We will be allowed to use Vaporizers on the bus.

Keep the buses coming people. I wanna see the lawn full. Also Buses are allowed to park behind the capitol.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you around still Brad, Greg still active at all? Anyhow letting you all know I am still alive, kicking, an active. Transportation allowing I WILL see you there. Make a extra sign for me. :).

Steve- Kalamazoo Area Compassion Club (Founder)

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that the MOCC bus is filled and will be leaving from the lowes parking lot on 12 mile just east of I-75 in Madison Heights. The bus will leave promptly at 9:45am. We would like you there by 9:30am. We need to be in lansing by Noon.

Does anyone know if they still plan on bringing a grill to the rally? Haven't heard how this was going to be handled. Is everyone bringing something to throw on?

this is getting exciting!!! cannot wait! I posted to all the news links on FB requesting they be there,many of them responded back to me asking for more details i encourage you all to do the same. I will be sending them a reminder as well.

thanks

dawn

I think I am going to be able to make it to this great event. I am trying to pickup a couple more on my way to Lansing. I have a few relatives and friends in Sw Mich who I think will go once they know of the severity of this cause. :thumbsu:

P.S. I look forward to meeting so many of you.

Check out the weather channel for the forecast. I've been keeping up with it, supposedly it will rain, but we still have to be there, it'll be even more of a powerful statement to be there even in the rain. I hope they're wrong, it's a long range forecast.

the weather channel

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ARE HELPING TO MAKE THIS RALLY A SUCCESS!

Sb

Hi, just wanted to let everyone know that the MOCC bus is filled and will be leaving from the lowes parking lot on 12 mile just east of I-75 in Madison Heights. The bus will leave promptly at 9:45am. We would like you there by 9:30am. We need to be in lansing by Noon.

Does anyone know if they still plan on bringing a grill to the rally? Haven't heard how this was going to be handled. Is everyone bringing something to throw on?

Yes we are still bringing Grill...I guess Blueberry has a spot for it..We will be there early with it..We are asking all clubs bring hot dogs/buns,ect..They are working on a time i hope when we can put ALL hot dogs on grill...

Yes we are still bringing Grill...I guess Blueberry has a spot for it..We will be there early with it..We are asking all clubs bring hot dogs/buns,ect..They are working on a time i hope when we can put ALL hot dogs on grill...

Ok sounds good. We'll bring extra dogs and buns and chips.

Keep it sunny!

I am SO excited about this Rally on the 25th. This will be my first of any kind. Have friends of over 30 years meeting me there! Not sure what to expect, but I do know someone in my area that owns a sign business that is making me up a few signs with some great slogans that I received from a forum here on this site. Sure some fantastic people here. I'm wondering if there is anything that you all might need for the :bbq: that I can bring along with me. I would love to bring anything along to help. Again.. I'm looking forward to our 3 1/2 drive to Lansing. It will be a great day for sure! Thanks for you all being here.. it's a pretty neat place to hang out ;)

I am SO excited about this Rally on the 25th. This will be my first of any kind. Have friends of over 30 years meeting me there! Not sure what to expect, but I do know someone in my area that owns a sign business that is making me up a few signs with some great slogans that I received from a forum here on this site. Sure some fantastic people here. I'm wondering if there is anything that you all might need for the :bbq: that I can bring along with me. I would love to bring anything along to help. Again.. I'm looking forward to our 3 1/2 drive to Lansing. It will be a great day for sure! Thanks for you all being here.. it's a pretty neat place to hang out ;)

Welcome to the site. This community is by far the nicest group of people you will ever meet. I have had nothing but positive experiences from everyone I have meet.

I am sure anything you want to bring would be appreciated. Hotdogs , buns, chips, or what ever.

Peace, Afi

I'll be there with as many patients as I can. Make sure and save a few signs for me! Think I'll make a few myself. How about " No Driving Rights on Opiates" lol! Doesn't rhyme, but who cares! I think "We're Patients and Caregivers, not Criminals and Drug Dealers" would work. May take two signs :P!!

My husband and I were planning on attending, but he has to work and I cannot find a sitter for my 1 yr old. It is also worth noting that both my 10 yr old and 8 yr old daughters asked if they could miss school to "rally for their mom" :)

Yet, I wanted to pass on our well wishes to all that are able to attend. Our whole family is hoping for a wonderful turn out.

Remember, for every 1 who rallies, there are 5 at home who cannot.

Thank you to all who will be there to help protect our rights.

Archived