Meds Replacement

I have had many mention to me that I should try to work towards a more natural way of medicating my ailments.

I take Lialda everyday for Irritated Bowel/Crohns Disease,

Does anyone know of an alternative treatment for the flareups associated with these Diseaes.

I take Prescribed omeprazole for problems with acid drip brought on by My surgery.

Does anyone know of a Natural replacement for omeprazole?

I take Lovasaten for HC which I am working on by a better diet. Any Natural HC reducers?

Thanks for any help

Those are awesome questions because they can get specific to your exact needs. There may not be very many with the information you need, and they may not be online all the time, so try to be patient and if no body has some good info. for you in a few days try asking again right on this same thread. Meantime try other web sites for natural remedies for your various conditions.

For instance:Natural remedies for irrit. b. syndr./chrones

This is just one that came up when I went to this search Search for natural remedies

Another one that looks pretty good I hope.Natural remedies cont.

Those are awesome questions because they can get specific to your exact needs. There may not be very many with the information you need, and they may not be online all the time, so try to be patient and if no body has some good info. for you in a few days try asking again right on this same thread. Meantime try other web sites for natural remedies for your various conditions.

For instance:Natural remedies for irrit. b. syndr./chrones

This is just one that came up when I went to this search Search for natural remedies

Another one that looks pretty good I hope.Natural remedies cont.

Bisharoo thanks for the info I have done some searches and tried some Natural Medicine from a relative that didn't really do much so I was hoping to get lucky and find someone with similar ailments and see if anyone had any real positive results with a Natural. I know some deal with once it gets worse, but that is too late damage is done I am looking for something that might replace the Drugs that keep mine in remission. We have tried to wean off, but every time it would flare up imediately after stopping the Meds.

I am so sorry to hear that you have not yet found natural options that will work for you. I am totally convinced that they exist, but I do not possess the knowledge you seek. I am sorry. I hope someone else can help you H.E. I really do.

Keep trying strains. I notice different strains have different effects on my bowels. Strong sativas - can be like coffee in the morning - it gets things going! This might not be good if your bowels are already too active - thats fine. Then there are strains like Kushes, or AK48 - these seem to slow down the bowels, make things slower.

You should also consider medibles, I believe they impart a deeper effect on the body, again - sometimes quieting a overactive gut. This can last for 24 - 48 hours with a single brownie (may I suggest a hash brownie?!)

Good luck - with all the strains of marijuana - God has a perfect plant just for you!

-DN

some people have had success with switching to a more natural feeding schedule. Instead of the modern habit of 2-3 large meals, try a noshing diet with multiple small meals spaced throughout the day. It takes some skill, you need to be aware of what you need to eat, and especially how to combine food elements to ensure adequate nutrition.

if you have passed your twenties, you might want to also consider taking 1mg of melatonin and 20mg of cheated zinc 1hr before bed, this can soothe and stabilize the system south of the stomach.

some people have had success with switching to a more natural feeding schedule. Instead of the modern habit of 2-3 large meals, try a noshing diet with multiple small meals spaced throughout the day. It takes some skill, you need to be aware of what you need to eat, and especially how to combine food elements to ensure adequate nutrition.

if you have passed your twenties, you might want to also consider taking 1mg of melatonin and 20mg of cheated zinc 1hr before bed, this can soothe and stabilize the system south of the stomach.

Smaller, more frequent meals and especially watch what you eat. Keep records of what foods bother you and what foods make you feel better. For me cutting back on carbs and adding more protein helped to an amazing degree. Your body will tell you what you need to do, you just have to learn to listen to it.

Keep trying strains. I notice different strains have different effects on my bowels. Strong sativas - can be like coffee in the morning - it gets things going! This might not be good if your bowels are already too active - thats fine. Then there are strains like Kushes, or AK48 - these seem to slow down the bowels, make things slower.

You should also consider medibles, I believe they impart a deeper effect on the body, again - sometimes quieting a overactive gut. This can last for 24 - 48 hours with a single brownie (may I suggest a hash brownie?!)

Good luck - with all the strains of marijuana - God has a perfect plant just for you!

-DN

Digital Nomad Thank You so much for your imput.

I am aware of what strains do what to me and when my stomach gets slowed down it bothers me more so the Sativas seem to work better than the Indicas as the Indicas couch me and then I sit there and feel bad as with the Sativas I can sometimes get distracted from the pain by the mind moving properties of the Sativas. I will try the Brownies (Have not had one in over 30 years). If it slows down My digestion it bothers me, but if it just calms the whole area that could be My answer. I have found some of the uses for Medical Marijuana with my ailments, but the stomach problems come once I start to digest food do not respond to smoking well overall and with Indica it sometimes seems to slow it down which prolongs it. I am hoping to find an alternative besides Medical Marijuana. Medical Marijuana does help some of My Ailments, but some of them are going to have to be treated in other ways. Thanks again for your information :thumbsu:

Now those 3 replies have some good information that comes from experience. Thank you 3 for your responses. I hope something these friends have said will help you HE Warmke.

Thank You so much, this is the kind of info I was looking for.

You Guys are great. :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I have always Bragged about how good a State Michigan is everywhere I have been and I coudn't be prouder than to see how You Guys back up what I say about the Mitten.

Progressive, Honest, Hardworking, Intelligent, and Caring :goodjob:

Smaller, more frequent meals and especially watch what you eat. Keep records of what foods bother you and what foods make you feel better. For me cutting back on carbs and adding more protein helped to an amazing degree. Your body will tell you what you need to do, you just have to learn to listen to it.

I try to eat more meals of less food. (My Wife has been trying to get me do just that even before I got sick) And Yes I seem to digest Protein better than Carbohydrates also. This contradicts what My Dr. expected. (He expected problems with Red Meat, but with Me potatos cause more problems. I am trying a Log of my meals and yes I am constantly learning how things affect me. I know it is a process I am just the impatient type.

Thanks Wild Bill P.S. I got some of that Cowboy in me

I have taken Melatonin in the past for a sleep aid, but do not know any other benefit. Can you tell me more of what it does and also what does the chelated zinc do for me.

Treehugger thank you so much for your help and concern.

• 1 month later...

I don't think anyone mentioned medibles.

I think Irritable Bowel Syndrome is to fast, not to slow so probably a nice cannabran muffin? To speed things up a some canna-candy and orange juice?

The snacking concept throughout the day is probably the most important- so says a couple hundred-thousand years of human evolution.

• 1 month later...

Have you considered Peanutbutter's Oil. I started taking it as a trial for Peanutbutter. It works well for my heartburn and pain that I have in my tummmy.

I have tried His Oil and Yes it did help a lot!

I was given a small example to take home from the Lansing Rally and I used it with Good results and My Wife used it for Arthritis and also had Good results in dealing with the discomfort.

Yes, try the herbalist for sure. Back a few months ago when I couldn't walk at all and I thought for sure I was not going to be walking again because of a damaged knee but after a few months of rubbing on a Dit Da Jow that a local Chinese lady made for me. It wasn't for my stomach, but it worked for my knee which is the point, she knew what would help me and sometimes they have an answer that we haven't considered. Maybe they could help your conditions? I would research anything before I ate it, though, some of their ingredients may not ingest well, so check it all out. As I say mine was external but they might have something for you. I sure hope so HE Warmke. May your day go better that yesterday, and so on, and so on, ...kidssocialhealth.png

Chinese Herbal Pain Relief

healing.jpgvacation26.jpgmedicine.jpg7-7-2006011.jpgdrsLogo.png

I have taken Melatonin in the past for a sleep aid, but do not know any other benefit. Can you tell me more of what it does and also what does the chelated zinc do for me.

Treehugger thank you so much for your help and concern.

Natural serum concentrations of Melatonin are rather high in the digestive tract, and although my information is several years old, it was believed that it helped to control the appropriate movement of food through the digestive system. This seems to tie in nicely with it's more well known effects on the human circadian cycle. Zinc is known to potentiate its effect. The two together have been effective treatments in similiar circumstances, generally the older you are the more effective it can be, because the body produces substantially less of this "hormone" as you age.

I have IBS. I have found Tinctures (Glycerin) ones made with mostly Indica and Hash plant work for me well. Along with my pain issues. As they say Doctors also, going to have to try to find what's right for you. I do 4 to 5 meals a day. and took notes for the first year while and when something messed me up I could pin point it or at least have a clue.

Blessings to you and yours.

SD

I have IBS. I have found Tinctures (Glycerin) ones made with mostly Indica and Hash plant work for me well. Along with my pain issues. As they say Doctors also, going to have to try to find what's right for you. I do 4 to 5 meals a day. and took notes for the first year while and when something messed me up I could pin point it or at least have a clue.

Blessings to you and yours.

SD

Thanks, Smiley Dave I have been trying some of these suggestions.

Archived