Cannabis Communion.

pb, as a Christian I deeply appreciate your prayer. But how is cannabis use tied into prayer? You certainly won't find any such thing in the Bible. Did I miss your point?

Letter,

But if you look at some of the earliest Hebrew writings (Torah, etc.) there are many indications that cannabis was used as an anointing oil and in the incense that was burned in the 'Temples'.

Those head shawls you see Hebrew men wearing during services were used 'originally' to help capture the incense smoke as it came off the burners.

And many in the 'Coptic Christian' church still use cannabis as a 'sacrament to this very day, a VERY OLD tradition for them.

"Holy smoke'....

Letter,

But if you look at some of the earliest Hebrew writings (Torah, etc.) there are many indications that cannabis was used as an anointing oil and in the incense that was burned in the 'Temples'.

Those head shawls you see Hebrew men wearing during services were used 'originally' to help capture the incense smoke as it came off the burners.

And many in the 'Coptic Christian' church still use cannabis as a 'sacrament to this very day, a VERY OLD tradition for them.

"Holy smoke'....

I've heard such claims before, but I've never really looked in to it. I've read the Torah (first 5 books of the old testament) and have never come across anything that suggests they used cannabis or that the incense contained cannabis, though I wasn't exactly looking for it. Some types of incense are mentioned, like frankincense and myrrh, but not cannabis. The idea was that their prayers, like the incense, rose to God as a fragrant offering, but certainly not something that got the priests high. Nowhere in the old testament have I read about the Jews or priests getting high, if that's what you're suggesting. On the contrary, getting drunk was prohibited and by logical extension so would be getting high on anything else. Though given that, I see no contradiction between that and using mj as medicine.

I don't know the traditions of the Coptic Christians, but I do know that there has never been any such tradition within the historic, orthodox, western Christian Church, whether Catholic or Protestant.

I trust that pb isn't confusing or comparing his 'communion' with Communion, or the Lord's Supper.

I trust that pb isn't confusing or comparing his 'communion' with Communion, or the Lord's Supper.

Much that took place back then has been converted into ceremony. Missing the intent.

The "Lords prayer" was supposed to serve as an example of simple heartfelt prayer. Instead of understanding prayer as real action of communicating, the example has been converted into a nearly mindless ceremony. The exact opposite of what was intended to be communicated by an example.

The last supper was not the passover meal. It was not ceremonial in nature. This was a gathering of friends that were eating together. They were sharing or communing.

Jesus told them to share bread and wine together and remember him while doing it. The simple way to think of this would be anytime they would be together, they should honor him.

There is a part that I left out. The remembrance of spilled blood and the broken body. And exactly what those things do for us today.

So no, I don't present this as the same thing as a bread and wine ceremony.

This is simply getting folks like minded for a flash moment of time. The exercise of power from on high.

Cannabis sure is in the Bible. The 'qaneh bos' or 'sweet reed' which was mistranslated in the KJV as 'calamus' was an important ingredient in the sacred annointing oil/ointment/incense used by the Jewish high priests. PB is correct. It certainly was 'holy smoke'.

Also included is cannabis in the seed bearing plants given for our food and medicine. The ancients certainly knew of the beneficial medical properties of the healing herbs including qaneh bos.

I didn't catch your 'holy smoke' comment the first time. Good one!

Look up a lady named Sula Benet (aka Sara Benetowa), she is an etymologist, quite reputable.

She did a very good study on the Hebrew words 'qeneh bosem' .

Very interesting reading.

And as for the 'priests getting high'... it all depends on what you DO with that 'high' and where it takes you.

Also, cannabis, ganja, etc, has been used in India and the Middle East for centuries as an aid to meditation and 'communion' with 'higher' things.

But, of course everyone is entitlted to his or her own beliefs.

I strongly believe cannabis was used as an aid in 'contemplation' by many faiths and religions in the past, just as it is NOW used by many people for the same purpose.

Peace, be well.

Much that took place back then has been converted into ceremony. Missing the intent.

The "Lords prayer" was supposed to serve as an example of simple heartfelt prayer. Instead of understanding prayer as real action of communicating, the example has been converted into a nearly mindless ceremony. The exact opposite of what was intended to be communicated by an example.

The last supper was not the passover meal. It was not ceremonial in nature. This was a gathering of friends that were eating together. They were sharing or communing.

Jesus told them to share bread and wine together and remember him while doing it. The simple way to think of this would be anytime they would be together, they should honor him.

There is a part that I left out. The remembrance of spilled blood and the broken body. And exactly what those things do for us today.

So no, I don't present this as the same thing as a bread and wine ceremony.

This is simply getting folks like minded for a flash moment of time. The exercise of power from on high.

Yes,

Many of our 'religious' beliefs have turned into ritual behavior that has lost any of its original meaning.

And many people choose to use 'cannabis' as a means for clearing away the cluttered thinking that can very often stifle a more 'direct' communion with what they may perceive to be a 'higher' awareness.

Wine, as a 'sacrament', for me has never been able to help with 'higher' perceptions.

Ever onward and upward, brother.

I've heard such claims before, but I've never really looked in to it. I've read the Torah (first 5 books of the old testament) and have never come across anything that suggests they used cannabis or that the incense contained cannabis, though I wasn't exactly looking for it. Some types of incense are mentioned, like frankincense and myrrh, but not cannabis. The idea was that their prayers, like the incense, rose to God as a fragrant offering, but certainly not something that got the priests high. Nowhere in the old testament have I read about the Jews or priests getting high, if that's what you're suggesting. On the contrary, getting drunk was prohibited and by logical extension so would be getting high on anything else. Though given that, I see no contradiction between that and using mj as medicine.

I don't know the traditions of the Coptic Christians, but I do know that there has never been any such tradition within the historic, orthodox, western Christian Church, whether Catholic or Protestant.

I would like to think that just because there may be no 'history' of the use of 'cannabis' in Western Christianity', that the use of 'cannabis by 'other' Christian belivers does not demenish or make their faith any less credible or worthy than any other Christian's beliefs.

But I do know that if you research Western Christianity you WILL find reference to the use of herbs and 'mushrooms' for healing AND as an aid to 'prayer'.

Wine, as a 'sacrament', for me has never been able to help with 'higher' perceptions.

Ever onward and upward, brother.

The purpose of the wine is to remember the blood he gave. And the opening that made possible for us. It's the mindset.

The mindset continues with the broken body. That was the payment in full for our healing.

That is not the only recorded method of or about healing. In other locations the twelve get sent out to teach in the surrounding area. When they returned they reported that they had taught, anointed and and healed them all.

The anointing that heals ..

“Communion”, in the since that it is related in the video, is the body and blood of Christ. Medical Marijuana is not a Holy Sacrament. To me personally, this video makes a mockery of Holy Communion and what it stands for. It hurts my heart and my feelings that someone would actually sit down and drag our Lords’ name this low.

I am not claiming that I am “all knowing” of how Holy Communion works but from what I remember as a child I don’t ever recall there being marijuana in our Church. Wine represents the Blood of Christ while Bread represents the Body of Christ. The Eucharist, or Last Supper, is thought by some to be a “sacrament”; while others think of it as a “memorial” with some symbolic meaning.

This topic has had me worried for a while. There are certain places for certain things. Medical Marijuana is a wonderful thing! I never partook of its’ healing benefits too much before it became legal. I was too busy being a single mom, working 2 jobs and keeping my head above water. It wasn’t until I started getting sick and the doctors started harassing me that my 26 year old daughter mentioned mmj to me.

I don’t believe that we can desecrate one belief just for the purpose of another. We cannot use one example such as the Holy Communion and mix it with a few words, a video and just be happy with that.

We have to draw the line somewhere.

I draw the line here. I choose to defend my God and my Lord.

“KINEBOISIN, according to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, is the old name for Kannabis - it was also spelt kannabosm. They claim it was mis-translated in the King James' version of the bible, as "calamus".

Skipper

The purpose of the wine is to remember the blood he gave. And the opening that made possible for us. It's the mindset.

The mindset continues with the broken body. That was the payment in full for our healing.

That is not the only recorded method of or about healing. In other locations the twelve get sent out to teach in the surrounding area. When they returned they reported that they had taught, anointed and and healed them all.

The anointing that heals ..

Totally understand the 'symbolism', and I believe Jesus said, 'do this in remembrance of me'.

ANYTHING we do that has the 'good intention' of remembering Jesus and any other 'spiritual' person that reminds us of our 'better' selves is fine in my belief system.

I was raised as a Christian and attended church from the age of one and still go to do volunteer work and other things.

I believe too many of us leave our good works and salvation to other things rather than trying to see the 'God' within ourselves and than trying to be as that God would want us to be.

Again, thanks.

“Communion”, in the since that it is related in the video, is the body and blood of Christ. Medical Marijuana is not a Holy Sacrament. To me personally, this video makes a mockery of Holy Communion and what it stands for. It hurts my heart and my feelings that someone would actually sit down and drag our Lords’ name this low.

I am not claiming that I am “all knowing” of how Holy Communion works but from what I remember as a child I don’t ever recall there being marijuana in our Church. Wine represents the Blood of Christ while Bread represents the Body of Christ. The Eucharist, or Last Supper, is thought by some to be a “sacrament”; while others think of it as a “memorial” with some symbolic meaning.

This topic has had me worried for a while. There are certain places for certain things. Medical Marijuana is a wonderful thing! I never partook of its’ healing benefits too much before it became legal. I was too busy being a single mom, working 2 jobs and keeping my head above water. It wasn’t until I started getting sick and the doctors started harassing me that my 26 year old daughter mentioned mmj to me.

I don’t believe that we can desecrate one belief just for the purpose of another. We cannot use one example such as the Holy Communion and mix it with a few words, a video and just be happy with that.

“KINEBOISIN, according to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, is the old name for Kannabis - it was also spelt kannabosm. They claim it was mis-translated in the King James' version of the bible, as "calamus".

Skipper

Hi, Skipper1963. I've been to Hillman before. Beautiful area up there. Nearby Lake Avalon is so nice.

This is an interesting post to me because you acknowledge the use of Cannabis in Biblical times, but I can't tell if you are aware it might have been what the priests used to "commune" with God. Greenbuddha mentions the annointing oil kaneh bosm which was forbidden to the people but slathered on by priests in the temples. Could it be that the basis of Christianity (Judaism) is heavily influenced by wisdom derived from the priests' Cannabis-powered flights into enlightenment?

Hi,

Hillman and Lake Avalon are nice places to visit, play and live. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here, I hope you come back.

I knew that I would be back to this subject in one way or another.

It's a funny thing, this belief system of ours. Once our feathers get ruffled we gotta protect 'em 'til the very end.

"Could it be that the basis of Christianity (Judaism) is heavily influenced by wisdom derived from the priests" you said this and you are right.

Thank for reminding me.

Skipper

Hi,

Hillman and Lake Avalon are nice places to visit, play and live. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here, I hope you come back.

I knew that I would be back to this subject in one way or another.

It's a funny thing, this belief system of ours. Once our feathers get ruffled we gotta protect 'em 'til the very end.

"Could it be that the basis of Christianity (Judaism) is heavily influenced by wisdom derived from the priests" you said this and you are right.

Thank for reminding me.

Skipper

Very cool. Thank you.

Personally I try not to believe anything if I can help it. Sometimes I might concentrate "psychic" energy to effect change in the external world which is what I think peanutbutter is doing which is a form of magic.

Skipper

I too choose to defend my God and the Holly bible and the way PB presented the communion in my view it did not offend me in any way but in fact honors God and Jesus Christ as for it offending any religion. Well most religions have been offending man since the dawn of time and are guilty of some worst crimes against humanity even the catholic church and other religions are only examples of hypocrisy.

Skipper

This troubled me for some time.

I guess that any time someone doesn't like what I have to say, I'm hurt. So I thought about it for a long time.

I'm guessing you think that I'm serious and not intentionally mocking. At least I would hope so.

I'm a healer. A faith healer. I've been working for God for decades now.

There are many many times that the word miracle is used in my wake. That is my LIFESTYLE. I EXPECT to see miracles as a part of my everyday life.

We were left with instructions to be imitators of Jesus Christ and his Dad.

So that involves things like restoring sight to the blind.

I don't really preach much .. not really. I'd rather show you than tell you.

I make tools to help extend supernatural power. The simple statement is "do your best, then let God do the rest."

I make a topical oil. That is the tool. I manifest the "gifts of healing" over the oil. And I'm ministering healing to an entire state at once.

Healing for our own bodies is what the broken body of Jesus Christ made available. We are no longer owned by this world. We just need to manage to claim what is now lawfully ours.

Now I've built another little tool. The video that you watched. This is a tool that teaches about basic believing, and takes advantage of "two in agreement." The purpose of the presentation is the projection of power. To change the landscape.

This is not a ceremony to receive salvation and healing.

This is a power tool to cause change to take place.

Since I'm pushing on a mountain called "the marijuana laws of the United States" I thought it a good idea to ask Dad for a hand. I think you might agree with that simple statement. :)

Now I've talked about it for long enough. Now it's time to watch for the results. Expect a miracle.

I hope that I've convinced you I'm not trying to mock anything.

Those coming from a Catholic or Lutheran theology give the word Communion a different meaning than the rest of Christianity. My guess is the offended person is from one of those theologies.

Understanding the word communion as it understood by other Christians, just as a coming together, there is nothing offensive about showing connection through the sharing of God's healing herb. Words have no inherent meaning and can be understood different by each person who hears them.

Thanks for gathering us in prayer for such a great cause. Cannabis is God's creation and a wonderful gift to us.

Archived