Spider Mites

Lennox

Clones are the root of mite problems, only having clones means bunny muffin from an outside source which is how mites spread, Remove everything, clean well and the mites will die without a food source, restart from seed, or properly treat the clones prior to bringing them in.

Yea you take your own clones and clean them in a dip! ( you cant do clones in soil, But airo, rooters, or rockwool will work ) Ice water azamax and captain jacks bug killer. Dip the hole clone and swirl.

But just cleaning a room will not kill the eggs which can lie dormant for a long time, until the condition arise's for them to flourish ounce more, you have to clean with bleach and repaint, and you still might have them again. But if you catch them right off bat or just assume there there, you could use predator mites before they can really take hold. The only sure way to get rid of them is to clean your clones and MOVE! I'm not just saying this as o I heard this or I think this. I battled with mites for almost a year after being BOMBED. I MOVED! I tried Predator Mites, then azamax, then Captain Jacks, then Doctor Doom Bombs, then Doctor Doom arisol spray, nothing worked. mites dont just contaminate the plants they contaminate the grow room and every thing else in that location. The only thing worse is Fusarium wilt which will also contaminate all of your grow equipment. So even if you clean everything with bleach, if you miss a tiny spot on anything, it it will creep back in, and kill your plants at week 3/4.

So a little advice for all you growers with GTD'S from growin around, you should get your self cleaned up, and start partaking in safe grow. I was growualy assaulted and caught my GTD. So look out for them haters. You could end up with grow aids and be comply !@#$ED. Just be happy all you got now is crabs.

• 4 weeks later...

I had been useing az-max for about 6 months, It worked great. Till a mounth ago. I seen some mites and sprayed with az-max

I didnt touch them. So I sprayed again with az-max. It didnt phase the little basturds.

So i got some mighty wash, Sprayed the plants, And killed the mites.

They say mites will not become amuined to mighty wash. It is not a chemical. Some new bunny muffin.

Its 33.00 for a gallon. It seems to have killed the eggs to. Its been a week and i've not seen a live mite.

They also say you can drink the stuff and it wont hurt you. Its 99.9% water.

I wouldn't move, There's always Floramite/Avid/Forbid. Which are serious pesticides, not recommend unless its a last choice, and you gotta wait 30 days to flower anything unless you want hints of pesticides in the plant...

They win every time. Also mites grow immune to things quickly, you have to cycle multiple treatments so they don't become immune to just one.

You can try an all natural approach,

according to Master Gardener Jerry Baker

TIMELY TONIC

Keep spider mites away from your blooms with my Super Spider Mite Mix:

• 4 cups of wheat flour,
  • 1/2 cup of buttermilk, and
  • 5 gallons of water

Mix all of the ingredients together, and apply to your plants with a handheld mist sprayer. Spray to the point of runoff. This mix will suffocate the little buggers without harming your plants.

(Not sure if it works but what the heck........)

http://www.jerrybaker.com/garden/information/archivedarticles/pest.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

I had a nightmare about these things the other night. They were in my bed under the covers and swarming me. :lol:

I have a friend who has been fighting them off so I have seen how nasty, resilient, and scourge-like they can be. Pestilence!

Now every time I visit my garden I change clothes, and shower if I have been around any plants cannabis or not. I do not wear shoes in the garden and wash my hands and feet before entering. I have heard of a guy that sprays his feet with diluted alcohol before entering his garden and am about to do the same. I am using alcohol pads to clean my tools as well. I am also keeping my floor and containers meticulously clear of debris.

Screw these little buggers. I have not had them yet, but I loathe the day that I see one sucking on my ladies.

Been fighting them for a while took out my monster rocklock mom. She was so infested I cut her down and burned it all in the firepit. Tried almost everything been using organicide seems to be working but man. I have been jumping between 4 or 5 different treatments. Bombed with Dr doom last weekend and still have some stragglers. I will win I refuse to quit!

Been fighting them for a while took out my monster rocklock mom. She was so infested I cut her down and burned it all in the firepit. Tried almost everything been using organicide seems to be working but man. I have been jumping between 4 or 5 different treatments. Bombed with Dr doom last weekend and still have some stragglers. I will win I refuse to quit!

If you're resorting to bombs, pyrethrum tr is far better then dr doom.

I just encountered my first and hopefully last meeting with mites. How do these get into your garden, how to treat & prevent this from happening... Also can one just prune all the leaves in addition to treating with like a Zero Tolerance, can or do they just eat leaves or do they eat or the fruit as well???

Saw the title of this thread and was afraid to click on it. It might cause another attack.

Archived