Jury Convicts 70-Year-Old Lake Orion Woman In Marijuana Case

So they charged her for being over (plant limit) after her husband died? Her husband being a patient as well? or her caregiver? how does that work? Isnt section 8 supposed to protect againnst that? Isnt section 8 supposed to come into play if there is no possible way to register with the state in a timley fashion? Ie patient passes away on a saturday night, now, on sunday, the caregiver is 12 plants and 2.5 ounces over the registered limit, but still has a reasonable amount (established in the law) and can prove that their intent is for medical use. But since CG will be a felon as soon as the patient is declared dead (card is dead along with the possessor) voiding the protections afforded in the law itself, and has no protection even if the CG doesnt know the pt. died?

Im still wondering how she is even being charged.

If its Sal's fault for leaving the door open, then why are they convicting Barb?

Because Sal's dead?

If Sal had killed someone in a car crash would Barb be convicted of manslaughter?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Happy Guy

So they charged her for being over (plant limit) after her husband died? Her husband being a patient as well? or her caregiver? how does that work? Isnt section 8 supposed to protect againnst that? Isnt section 8 supposed to come into play if there is no possible way to register with the state in a timley fashion? Ie patient passes away on a saturday night, now, on sunday, the caregiver is 12 plants and 2.5 ounces over the registered limit, but still has a reasonable amount (established in the law) and can prove that their intent is for medical use. But since CG will be a felon as soon as the patient is declared dead (card is dead along with the possessor) voiding the protections afforded in the law itself, and has no protection even if the CG doesnt know the pt. died?

Im still wondering how she is even being charged.

Simply because she couldn't have anything after they think she lost her patient rights by transfering to someone not connect through the registration process. That is their case, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Simply because she couldn't have anything after they think she lost her patient rights by transfering to someone not connect through the registration process. That is their case, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Error.

Barb was charged with a single count of manufacturing marihuana. The evidence and case was entirely about the plants in her home.

They denied her ability to use a medical defense entirely because her husband left the front door unlocked.

This was a very unusual situation. Sal had just received a phone call that his sons home was being raided. Perhaps it was the police that called him. Sal left in a panic for his sons home. Forgetting his wallet and to lock the door on his way out. He returned a few minuets later to find the police already inside his home.

The home was not usually left unlocked.

Error.

Barb was charged with a single count of manufacturing marihuana. The evidence and case was entirely about the plants in her home.

They denied her ability to use a medical defense entirely because her husband left the front door unlocked.

This was a very unusual situation. Sal had just received a phone call that his sons home was being raided. Perhaps it was the police that called him. Sal left in a panic for his sons home. Forgetting his wallet and to lock the door on his way out. He returned a few minuets later to find the police already inside his home.

you said it all

Guest Happy Guy

Error.

That doesn't make sense. Do you have any proof that the judge said that because the front door was unlocked it disqualified her from being a medical cannabis patient? That is just crazy.

Guest knucklehead bob

Let's see .................................. Don't allow the Defendant the Defense they are entitled to . With-hold evidence from the Jury . Intimidate the Jury . A very unique brand of "Kangaroo Justice" in Oakland County . At least they imitated a "FAIR TRIAL" with the presence of a Defense Attorney and a Jury that was scared feces-less .

Guest Happy Guy

You claim she was denied because of p2p transfers.

Where did you get that from? You weren't even there ...

When you decide to be serious, tell us what you heard the judge say when you were there. This is just games...

When you decide to be serious, tell us what you heard the judge say when you were there. This is just games...

You shot off your mouth and falsely accused a patient and caregiver of a crime.

You took a stand to support what this abusive judge did.

There are others that were there.

I'll look for the briefs. If I find them, I'll post a link.

Find them or not doesn't change what you just did.

Guest Happy Guy

You shot off your mouth and falsely accused a patient and caregiver of a crime.

You took a stand to support what this abusive judge did.

There are others that were there.

I'll look for the briefs. If I find them, I'll post a link.

Find them or not doesn't change what you just did.

BS Slowdown and go back and read. I stated facts about the cops with cards buying at her dispensary. I didn't make anything up. I took no stand. I tried to explain what happened using only facts in a way that made more sense than an unlocked door. It's a logical conclusion anyone could come to if you read what happened. And that was the way I presented it. It doesn't do anyone any good to make up stories that just make people mad. If you have proof it was the unlocked door that caused everything then I will admit I came to the wrong conclusion.

Guest knucklehead bob

Every friend of freedom must be as revolted as I am by the prospect of turning the United States into an armed camp, by the vision of jails filled with casual drug users and of an army of enforcers empowered to invade the liberty of citizens on slight evidence.

Milton Friedman

BS Slowdown and go back and read. I stated facts about the cops with cards buying at her dispensary. I didn't make anything up. I took no stand. I tried to explain what happened using only facts in a way that made more sense than an unlocked door. It's a logical conclusion anyone could come to if you read what happened. And that was the way I presented it. It doesn't do anyone any good to make up stories that just make people mad. If you have proof it was the unlocked door that caused everything then I will admit I came to the wrong conclusion.

I don't have any need to prove anything to you.

There were plenty of people that have been following this case that are right here right now.

You have put your very nature on view by pretending to be an expert on the case when it is obvious that you know nothing about it.

The nasty part is that you present yourself as this expert while trashing out a defendant and supporting the courts in what they are doing. All of which you did knowing nothing about the case.

Guest Happy Guy

I don't have any need to prove anything to you.

There were plenty of people that have been following this case that are right here right now.

You have put your very nature on view by pretending to be an expert on the case when it is obvious that you know nothing about it.

The nasty part is that you present yourself as this expert while trashing out a defendant and supporting the courts in what they are doing. All of which you did knowing nothing about the case.

Grandstanding. You still haven't even made one single point to back up your theory. At least mine made sense.

Either way, door unlocked, or dispensary sales, she should have been able to present she was a medical cannabis patient in court. To insinuate that I meant otherwise is grandstanding on my corpse. Grandstanding makes me puke. Like saying I trashed someone when all I did was tell the facts. Which FACT was TRASHING? Facts do not trash. Facts set you free. Which court did I support and how? You wish you would catch me doing something so out of character for me like that. Not going to happen. I would have had to write it first, not you making up imaginary BS. Go back and read.....

Guest Happy Guy

It shouldn't be about any one of us. PB turns it just like a politician, away from the issue and demonizes me. Go back and read that I was right on the issue then I was attacked by the grandstander. He takes a thread with true issues and real facts, and puts pages of gobble-de-gook on top so you can't even find a use for it anymore. I'm sick of grandstanding... I'll take a good debate any day to get at the truth. But grandstanding only serves the guy with the bull horn.

I think there is a lot of emotion being used up talking about this. Here is a question and or suggestion. How does Barb feel about this? I have seen that the appeals process is started and for days we have been bantering what to do, yet I have not heard anything from her. Do any of you folks know her? Maybe someone could get a hold of her and interview her on a forum. I think that might help clear up all the mis-understandings going on here, and help us to become more galvanized as a community. Might also help to point us in a direction going forward.

Guest knucklehead bob

It shouldn't be about any one of us. PB turns it just like a politician, away from the issue and demonizes me. Go back and read that I was right on the issue then I was attacked by the grandstander. He takes a thread with true issues and real facts, and puts pages of gobble-de-gook on top so you can't even find a use for it anymore. I'm sick of grandstanding... I'll take a good debate any day to get at the truth. But grandstanding only serves the guy with the bull horn.

Unless you were there , It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

Guest Happy Guy

Unless you were there , It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

Sure, but you haven't helped a bit with this slight either. Do you have anything constructive to add, as I did with facts from court records? There are a lot of things you can learn without 'being there'. There were some things being left out by those that said they were there. Things were omitted.... for whatever reason. It does us all an inservice by leaving important things out. Find something I was wrong about so you can be constructive like I was. Thanks.

I was their also and like i said be for i saw the look of the 12 peoples face's they were scared and so was i when the 6 Leo's came inn that court room i was thinking we all were going to jail and thats what they wanted us to think

her two son's are up next on the 23rd of June at 8:30 IF any one wants to go i will meet you at the front door with my sign

Schools Closing

Prisons Growing

Guest knucklehead bob

Fact : Defense denied . Fact : Evidence with-held . Fact : Jury was intimidated . The only thing omitted is actual testimony . Happy Guy needs to purchase a Trial Trans-script . Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

John Adams

Guest Happy Guy

Fact : Defense denied . Fact : Evidence with-held . Fact : Jury was intimidated . The only thing omitted is actual testimony . Happy Guy needs to purchase a Trial Trans-script . Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.

John Adams

Still you have nothing to say that contradicts anything I posted. I can only come to the conclusion that you will not read. You just keep going on a tangent with generic details that apply to anything. What facts do you have to offer? Anything other than generalizations?

Guest Happy Guy

I was their also and like i said be for i saw the look of the 12 peoples face's they were scared and so was i when the 6 Leo's came inn that court room i was thinking we all were going to jail and thats what they wanted us to think

her two son's are up next on the 23rd of June at 8:30 IF any one wants to go i will meet you at the front door with my sign

Schools Closing

Prisons Growing

How about a positive sign that says: Medical Cannabis Pays For Schools How about that? It does, did you know that?

Somehow ... Someway this needs to get back

on topic please ...

Jury Convicts 70-Year-Old Lake Orion Woman In Marijuana Case

This Family does'nt need to read this thread ...

How is this helping her or her Family ?

God ... I 'm sure they could use some support ...

All the energy your using here could be spent

calling her to let you know you do care or

doing something to help w/ some extra spending cash ...

Is there some sort of place where people could send her

a little cash to help brighten her day ?

I could'nt imagine the pain she is dealing with right Now ...

How you would feel if this was happening to You ...

I don't know how much fighting i would have at 70 years old ...

Plus I know first hand how it Feels like to know the Truth

and Not Allow the Jury to hear the Truth ...

Our System is Failing ....

Guest knucklehead bob

Still you have nothing to say that contradicts anything I posted. I can only come to the conclusion that you will not read. You just keep going on a tangent with generic details that apply to anything. What facts do you have to offer? Anything other than generalizations?

You are not going to believe anyone that was there . Make sure you make your presence at the next trial where you will get it from the peoples own mouths as they speak . That way you will have more to offer than arguing about what you were told happened by people who were there . See you there .

Archived